- Experienced IT professional focused on data and systems integration for the past 14 years.
- 9 years of experience with integration related technologies and languages including web service development, BPEL, XML, XSD, and XSLT.
- 8 years of experience with datawarehouse design development and support of large data warehouses and data marts.
- Extensive experience with various data processing platforms and languages including Apache Spark(Scala), Apache Drill, Python, Oracle PL/SQL, and Postgresql PL/pgSQL.
- Experience developing enterprise applications in C# and ASP.Net, as well as developing web and Windows services with Microsoft’s WCF framework.
- Full project life cycle experience, developing and deploying Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Service Bus based integration and service applications.
- Experience implementing and extending OAGIS based schemas for 3rd party vendor integration applications including HRXML and Oracle AIA.
- Consistent ability to balance technology evaluations, development initiatives, and mentoring activities in fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Proven track record of quickly evaluating, learning, and implementing new technologies to meet project requirements and determining best - fit solutions.
Database Management Tools and Languages: Liquibase, Postgresql, Postgres-XL, PL/pgSQL, Apache Impala, Apache Kudu, Apache Spark, Apache Drill, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, PL/SQL, Oracle SQLLoader, Oracle SQL*Plus, Quest Toad for Oracle, Oracle SQLDeveloper, SQL Server 2000/2005, SQL Server DTS, Microsoft Access, T-SQL, Informatica PowerCenter, Ascential Datastage ETL Tool, IQ/Objects Reporting Tool (Eureka), Platinum ERWIN and BPWIN data and process modeling tools
Programming Languages: Python, Scala, C#, ADO.Net, Java, Visual Basic for applications (VBA), Visual Basic 6, OOP methodologies, Korn Shell, Perl
Build and Version Control Systems: Maven, Gradle, ant, git, svn
Office Tools and Operating Systems: Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project
Operating System Experience: Microsoft OS family (95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Server2003, Server2008), IBM AIX Unix, Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu Linux
Middleware Technology and System Integration: Oracle SOA Suite 10g and 11g, Oracle Weblogic 11g, Oracle Service Bus(OSB) 11g, BPEL, XSD, XML, XSLT
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Lead engineer responsible for the architecture development testing and delivery of Confidential ’s big data platform. The production environment consists of multiple data warehouse platforms running on the Amazon Web Service cloud platform. The datawarehouse technology stack includes MySQL, Postgresql, Postgres-XL, Amazon Redshift, Apache Drill, and Cloudera Hadoop.
- Led an effort to re-architect and migrate fragmented legacy ETL processes and datawarehouses to a consolidated and standardized platform running on Postgresql, Postgres-XL, and Apache Impala datawarehouses
- Designed and developed a Python based framework for fully automating Confidential 's ETL pipeline. The utility's functionality includes data acquisition via (S)FTP or wget, interacting with data warehouse ETL platform in a batch manner, as well as data compression, Amazon S3 archiving, and data migration between environments. Framework also integrates with Liquibase for database object change control.
- Management of all database related AWS services, including S3 for data storage and transfers, EC2 instances for running MySQL Postgresql/Postgres-XL and Impala data warehouses, Amazon RDS instances running MySQL, and maintaining and building Amazon Redshift clusters.
- Developed a security architecture around sensitive data stored in AWS. This involves utilizing security policies around AWS services, as well as securing and encrypting sensitive customer data residing in Confidential data warehouses.
- Mentoring of new and junior team members in various datawarehouse methodologies, including server architecture, performance tuning of SQL and stored procedures, and data modeling.
- Responsible for evaluating multiple database platforms for hosting large datasets. A combination of Postgres-XL and Apache Impala is leveraged for Confidential 's big-data querying requirements.
- Built Apache Drill cluster to support distributed query across large datasets which are stored in Amazon S3. The datasets were transformed using Apache Spark from the providers delivered format to models that were more easily queried and stored in the Parquet file format.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Responsible for the overall architecture and development of Duquesne Light’s customer and meter data integration interfaces including batch processes and real-time shared services that are used by an IVR and the company’s public website.
- Mentoring developers that are new to Oracle’s SOA technology stack. This includes Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Service Bus.
- Designed and setup automated deployment and build infrastructure for SOA Suite composite applications and Oracle Service Bus projects using Jenkins continuous integration platform and Subversion for source control.
- Building a data warehouse for storing and analyzing customer and meter information for over six hundred thousand customers. Data warehouse is build on Oracle database using Oracle Warehouse Builder and Oracle Data Integrator as ETL tools.
- Designed and built a real-time replication database for customer and billing data to off-load processing work from live transactional systems. Replication is done using Oracle Streams for “push” replication and materialized views across database links for “pull” replication.
- Lead system administrator for Duquesne Light's Fusion Middleware environment. Responsible for overall stability, troubleshooting maintenance and security of the entire stack of Oracle products, including Oracle Service Bus, SOA Suite, Data Integrator, and Weblogic.
- Implemented secure Weblogic infrastructure utilizing one-way and two-way(mutual authentication) SSL protected web services which integrated multiple vendor platforms including ITron Openway for Smart Meters, and Duquesne Light’s IVR and customer facing portal.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Design and development of a real-time integration system between Confidential ’s point of sale system and an Enterprise data warehouse. This application allows for near real-time reporting on all front-end point of sale activity for over 300 retail locations. This real-time integration system was built on Oracle Service Bus heavily utilizing XQuery resources for data transformation.
- Design develop and support data models and ETL processes for loading Confidential ’s enterprise data warehouse for a wide variety of business areas and data sources. Confidential ’s enterprise data warehouse runs on Oracle 11g with ETL programs developed in PL/SQL and Korn shell scripts.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Provide Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, and database performance tuning recommendations and implementation for Confidential ’s inventory demand management and forecasting applications.
- Develop and support Oracle SOA Suite composite applications for systems integration with various business systems.
- Serve as a technical leader to the Confidential development team with development on the Oracle SOA Suite platform, and Windows WCF framework.
- Conduct code reviews for PL/SQL components and SOA Suite composite applications.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Provide and execute high-level design and development of enterprise business systems ranging from multi-tiered applications to distributed multi-system integration projects.
- Technology owner of Oracle’s SOA Suite 11g and Oracle Service Bus.
- Technical lead on implementation of Oracle’s SOA Suite 11g, including development, installation and configuration of development environments, and assisting with clustered production install.
- Develop SOA Suite composites and OSB services using Oracle JDeveloper and Eclipse based Oracle Workbench toolsets.
- Provided design guidance to development team on implementation of a real-time POS interface to retrieve transaction logs from IBM POS systems at retail stores. Real-time system is a queue based messaging application developed with Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Service Bus, and a proprietary IBM trickle application.
- Design, develop, and implement service based applications on the Microsoft WCF framework and Oracle’s SOA platform.
- Design and develop data models and ETL processes for loading Confidential ’s 14 terabyte enterprise data warehouse for a wide variety of business areas and data sources. Confidential ’s enterprise data warehouse runs on Oracle 11g with ETL programs developed in PL/SQL and Korn shell scripts.
- Data warehouse sources consisted of various inventory management systems such as Dcops shipment tracking Biceps vendor management systems, and Manhattan systems.
- Built reusable Java components for handling SOA composite faults by extending SOA Suite’s Fault Management Framework.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architects and technical leads to define and enforce coding and development standards across the IT organization.
- Act as a mentor to all developers within the IT department. This includes assisting developers with coding best practices and standards, as well as assisting with technical design of applications.
- Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations regarding their potential for adoption in future application development.
- Utilize object oriented principles for design and development of business applications.
- Perform code and design reviews for PL/SQL and C# applications.
- Responsible for the maintenance/support of existing data warehouse ETL and coding of PL/SQL utility packages
- Technical lead on the implementation of Confidential ’s financial data mart using Oracle Financial Analytics (OFA) on an Oracle 11g database. ETL processes were implemented using Informatica PowerCenter and Oracle’s Data Warehouse Administration Console.
Confidential, Chadds Ford, PA
- Primary responsibilities include the design, development, testing, and enhancement of client websites and web based administration applications used to perform daily business functions, and development of commercial websites for industry leading online musical instrument retailer.
- Primary development in .NET framework using ASP.NET for presentation layer development, C#/ADO.Net for business layer development and SQL Server 2000 at the data layer.
- Other responsibilities include developing and maintaining vendor integration projects to allow external vendors to interface client database through Http Requests with XML documents validated with XSD (XML Schemas). Also involved in commercial website redesign project to convert XML content based commercial website to ASP.NET with heavy use of fragment cached web user controls.
- Other projects include a variety of C# console applications for stress testing web services, and administering Active Directory data.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Application Developer/ Datawarehouse Analyst
- Developed ASP.NET/VB.NET application for capturing and encrypting customer credit card information to be stored in an Oracle 9i database. Application also included credit card validation and encryption for ensuring secure capture of valid credit card data.
- Created Cognos Cubes to facilitate reporting requirements for sales center reporting by utilizing Cognos Powerplay, Impromptu, and Transformer.
- Other responsibilities include; assisting in integrating sales datawarehouse into the corporate Oracle datawarehouse, creating ASP.NET reports from Oracle databases, developing and documenting reporting requirements for new business unit of the bank along with developing extensive ASP.NET reports for that business unit.
- Successfully designed and implemented an automated web-based reporting system for all Confidential sales centers. Reporting system was created in ASP.NET/VB.NET residing on an MS SQL Server 2000 datawarehouse. Automation of reports allowed reporting group to focus resources on analytic functions rather than manual production of reports, and increased accuracy and integrity of reports by eliminating user errors.
- Performed data warehouse conversion from Oracle 8 to Oracle 9i.
- Create SQL Server Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages for data warehouse Extraction Transformation and Load (ETL).
- Extensive use of SQL to generate ad-hoc reports for various business units.
- Acted as technical liaison between user groups and third party vendors for requirement gathering and application implementation and development.
- Other responsibilities included creating web applications for tracking reporting errors, managing production and data issues, and web surveys to collect data from Sales Associates.
- Responsible for the data management of Confidential ’s Human Resources intranet site. Data management included writing SQL scripts to extract sensitive employee data from an Oracle database, and creating a SQL Server database to store data for the Intranet site. Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) of the data performed with Ascential Datastage.
- Designed and implemented a Microsoft Access project management tool. The database is used for tracking all team projects, project-reporting, and e-mailing project alerts.
- Other duties include writing ad-hoc reports with SQL*Plus, IQ Objects, and Datastage for business users, and designing an ETL project to transfer data for Confidential ’s Access Control security system.