- Creative and Innovative User Experience Designer & Researcher with 15+ years of experience in Information Technology (web/mobile), E - Commerce, Product Development, Product Management, Program Management using Agile (SCRUM) & Waterfall methodologies.
- Proficient in user centered design & research including usability testing (in person and remote), heuristic evaluations, contextual inquiries, card sorting, A/B testing, interaction design, branding & content management.
- Worked closely with Developers, Testers, Product Owners and other project stakeholders. Have hands-on development and testing experience so I always step into their shoes to understand associated technical challenges and to avoid any unrealistic decisions.
- Technical Professional having full perspective of SDLC i.e. delivering end-to-end products from product conceptualization, writing business & functional requirements, research, visualization, design, development to QA/testing.
- A very good listener, highly proficient in understanding business domain, defining the project/solution vision, value proposition, road map and establishing best practices across projects/teams for value delivery. Consistently established strong cross group collaborative relationship with stakeholders.
- Strongly believe in process improvement, timely delivery, quality, customer relations and satisfaction. Actively pursue process efficiencies and creative problem-solving solutions while fulfilling communicated project needs and priorities.
- User Experience, Usability, User-Centered Design
- User Research, A/B Testing, 508 Standards, WCAG
- Business/System/Functional Analysis
- Agile (Scrum)/ Waterfall documentation
- Responsive design (Desktop/Tablet/Mobile)
- Contextual Inquiry, Think Aloud usability studies
- Customer interviews Confidential workplace/home
- User Workflow, Cognitive Model, and Needs Investigation using Ethnographic methods
- User Requirements/Goals Analysis and Specification
- User-Centered focus group development/moderation
- Creation of personas and customer journey maps from user data
- Use Case construction for agile projects
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team
- Presentation and Demonstration skills
- Process Development and Implementation
- Building and Leading Teams, Leadership Reporting
- Sharp written, verbal communication skills
- Heuristic Evaluations, Remote Usability Testing
- Expert Reviews, Parallel Prototyping
- Competitive site research and literature exploration on related studies, etc.
- UI prototyping using Visio and Axure
- Cognitive Walkthroughs (with end users or project teams)
- Paper/Online Prototype studies
- User/Product Workflow and Interaction Analysis/Design
- UI Design collaboration
Confidential, Bothell, WA
- Performed the user research, created personas, did card sorting for information architecture, and improved the overall user experience of existing/new features e.g. account information, cancel/suspend service, buy flow, change device, shopping cart, bulk update, order, change features or change rate plan.
- Actively participated and driven the design discussions with team/stakeholders/PO to address ambiguity in requirements; which increased team's velocity
- Designed and architected faster, simpler and targeted processes to drive business needs; prioritized marketing opportunities to boost cross sales and up-sell opportunities based on the demographics of the logged in user
- The responsibility included creating sitemaps, process flows and use cases; building sketch wireframes and interactive prototypes considering responsive design (Desktop/Tablet/Mobile), 508 compliance, usability guidelines as per industry standards and UX methodologies using corporate design library and guidelines to support world class user experience
- All my recommendations are backed by strong requirement gathering process, careful understanding of pain points of the end users, a competitive technical viable solution, an extensive user research, A/B Testing and UAT.
- Work with developers and architects to understand and develop technical solutions in sync with technical challenges and vision; work with testers for a successful UAT
- Demo/presentations to leadership, business, product owners and stakeholders
Confidential , Bellevue WA
- Understood the business needs and suggested MVP solutions to meet those business needs
- Created personas; did user research, usability testing, A/B testing, heuristic evaluations & contextual inquiries
- Built sketch wireframes/prototypes in responsive design (Desktop/Tablet/Mobile)
- Worked with developers and architects to develop technical solutions to meet the leadership vision
- Created process flows, use cases and user journeys; provided insights from a user-centered perspective
- Demo to business, product owners and stakeholders
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Analyzed current application and understood the business domain requirements in terms of data, process and potential users; worked closely with SMEs, Solution Architects, Developers, Testers, Product Owners and other project stakeholders
- Did extensive user research, developed personas, performed remote usability testing, A/B testing, customer interviews, heuristic evaluations & contextual inquiries
- Proposed new simplified yet robust user centered design in short span of time after in-depth understanding of domain/users; the solution was much appreciated by the leadership, stakeholders and end users
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Implemented agile best practices and performed business, system and functional analysis
- Did user research and usability testing for the application
- Created process flows, wireframes and user interactions
Confidential, Renton, WA
- Analyzed current application, gather requirements from SMEs and product owners, did functional analysis
- Developed and lead detailed UX research and test plan; implement best practices
- Travelled across Confidential sites (Everett, Renton, St. Louis) to do user research, think out loud usability studies, remote usability testing, contextual enquiries, one-on-one interview and focus group interviews
- Improved user experience of each and every screen of 100s of pages of newly designed enterprise application
- Performed A/B testing for key screens, introduced UI standards for creation of wireframes and visual designs
- Reviewed and prioritize product backlog; sprint planning;
- Demo to dev/test team; Demo to business to take sign off; review test cases, UAT testing, track/triage defects
Confidential, North Wales, PA
- Analyzed business needs and suggesting technical solutions; rollout new products and features
- Created wireframes/prototypes in responsive design (Desktop/Mobile) with new UX/Usability standards
- Also worked on high priority deployment, development and maintenance tickets Confidential onsite using HTML, CSS.
- Reviewed test cases, did usability and UAT testing, tracked/triaged defects
- Gathered requirements from PMs and end users, Project/Sprint/Resource planning
- Reviewed user experience/usability of screens, introduce UI/UX design standards
- Designed workflows, mockups, prototype based on Industry/Client’s/ Confidential ’s branding and usability guidelines
- Worked on customization of various WCM tools/ frameworks e.g. Liferay, Wordpress, SharePoint to create web applications, content management, analysis and reporting
- Reviewed test cases, performed UAT testing and defects tracking/triaging
- Gathered requirements from product managers, senior management, executives;
- Designed dashboard, workflows in TMC MIS portal, content/ repository management
- Generated monthly reports (MIS) for leadership; analyzed competition data, export/ import data, sales data
- Designed corporate presentations for product promotion/launch, meetings and awards