A forward - thinking and results-driven financial manager, with extensive experience in controllership roles, including; accounting, tax reporting, government compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley, accounts payables and receivables, credit and collections, general ledger, treasury, merger and acquisition integration, six sigma, start-ups, direct international experience external and internal auditing. Redirect corporate finances to achieve effective solutions to business issues and maintain positive cash flow. Evaluate options for growth and expansion to implement processes that drive innovative visions for the future. I am a strategic leader interacting with teams across all levels of an organization to achieve objectives.
Operating Accounting systems: Great Plains, Intacct, Vission, JDE, Hyperion, FDM, QuickBooks, Macola, Sage, Crystal, FRX, Galaxy, Futura
Payroll: ADP, Paycheck, Vault
Microsoft tools: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
Confidential, Lowell, Massachusetts
Director of Finance
- Production of quarterly and annual financial statements up to CPA s.
- Manage $25M in Payroll in 14 states and three subsidiaries.
- Manage Static Cash Flow Budget and annual Financial Budget with a concentration on improving gross margin.
- Completed analysis and recommendations on two acquisitions and potential upcoming acquisitions.
- Negotiated a new Banking Relationship and subordinated Debt with Eastern Bank and MCRC.
- Managed all IT and HR needs of the organization.
Confidential, Somerville, Massachusetts
Director of Finance / Business Unit Controller
- Production of monthly and annual management accounts, plus annual statutory accounts for the business in time with Confidential accounting timetable.
- Management of the premises, cash control and auditing procedures.
- Ensure all expenditure and income is properly accounted for in the correct accounting period.
- Liaison between Confidential Central Finance, General Manager for all issues relating to Management accounts, Capital Expenditure and Cash Flow Reporting in the US and Europe.
- Ensure Compliance with local financial, fiscal and statutory legislation.
- Implementation of SAGE, Galaxy, Futura and Hyperion for new site based upon credentials of other sites. Use SSRS (Crystal Reports) to provide finance reports useful for Discounts, Sales analysis and other management decisions.
Confidential, Newton, Massachusetts
Business Unit Controller
- Earned appointment to transition team consolidating manufacturing of Microfluidics with Quadro Confidential entity.
- Served as key hands-on person assigned to merger and acquisition team, providing critical, timely, and accurate information for successful integration with Confidential .
- Integrated the acquired financial functions to corporate office before end of first year. Prepared annual operating plans and monthly re-forecasting from acquisition date to 2013.
- Achieved 95%-plus accuracy in financial reporting for 12 consecutive months in 2012.
- Managed accounts to ensure company remained current in GAAP, SEC, and other regulatory requirements.
- Designed and monitored controls over company's financial reporting processes to ensure SOX compliance.
- Developed hybrid costing system, reviewed material margins, and analyzed direct labor rate and overhead rate.
- Partnered with general manager to achieve best results in ten years for Microfluidics. Developed AOP and achieved 90% of goal. Achieved profits of $1.7M on $16.25M in sales after years of losses or just above break-even profits.
- Held responsibility for day-one through day-seven monthly reporting through Hyperion.
- Directed SEC reporting, maintaining hands-on preparation and filing of all SEC filings, 10-Q, 10-K, and earnings releases.
- Maintained statutory compliance and related filings on global basis for both U.S. and foreign entities (Germany and Belgium).
- Performed Cost Accounting and Project billing on large Pharma orders with milestone billing and special billing and revenue requirements.
Confidential, Billerica, Massachusetts
- I managed three finance professionals, as well as accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, project accounting, payroll, government reporting, and corporate taxes.
- I initiated overhead costing allocation, using activity-based accounting and other methods to develop costing reports for business reporting to corporate and government entities.
- Assisted in annual budget process and forecasting.
- Improved Great Plains accounting system to accomplish reporting requirements, implementing requests and building necessary foundation to report corporate, segment, department, and government.
- Led Financial management in reclaiming $150K in overpaid taxes.
- Served on relocation team partnering with state and local officials to ensure company maximized tax benefits from Confidential in move from
- Saved $1.4M in Tax Incremental Financing. On the $24M, 3-year Renault contract, ensured that monthly revenue was recorded per the milestones and completion of the required hours and build schedule.