- Highly accomplished, results - driven IT professional with proven ability to build and lead successful programs and IT operations, plan and manage complex projects, and oversee multi-functional teams.
- Recognized as thought leader for innovative use of technology for strategic advantage.
- Excellent entrepreneurial skills demonstrated in business development and sales.
- Expertise in resolving complex technology issues, managing and mitigating impacts from technology outages.
- Excellent analytical skills and systems instrumentation expertise.
- Experienced in managing information technology operations and developing strategic technology initiatives.
- Experienced managed services provider, also experienced in application support, test & release activities, system design and improvement, and process optimization
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
IT Operations Strategic Planning Developing Strategic Technology Initiatives and Operational Streamlining Technical Support Infrastructure Design and Analysis IT Security Network Design & Administration Network Instrumentation System Design & Integration Virtualization Voice Over IP Help Desk Functions Reengineering Technology Deployment Cost/Budget Control Team Building Expert knowledge and comprehension of systems, resources and communications for how and what is required to create and deliver complex technology solutions for simplified end user experiences.
Hardware: High density Blade Server systems and traditional servers, SAN, NAS, fiber switches, routers, hubs, bridges, firewalls, switches, peripherals, backup systems, PC’s, Cisco WLAN controllers and ASA Firewalls, Juniper Intrusion detection systems. Also Proficient in establishing hardware management environment with instrumentation and remote management.
Applications: MS Office, Project, AutoCAD, VMWare, Hyper-V, accounting systems, multiple layer security systems and applications including Juniper IDS, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Web filtering, Spam Filtering, antivirus systems, data protection and backup systems, and hosted web site security systems. SQL Server, open source network management systems, Exchange Server, MS Lync 2010, MS Lync 2013 Communications and VoIP with video conferencing, MS SharePoint, MS System Center 2012, MS IAS, Network Instrumentation and management systems, Portal servers, Medical Practice Management and Electronic Medical Record systems, healthcare automation solutions, Proxy server, IIS, IAS, RAS, fax systems.
Platforms: Multiple operating systems including Windows/Windows Server (up to Windows Server 2012), Novell Netware, OS/2, UNIX, Linux, AIX. Hybrid Cloud based solutions with public and private integrated data resources.
Networking: LAN/WAN, WAN MPLS, Frame Relay, Ethernet WAN with QinQ VLAN, Cisco Wireless WLAN controllers, Virtual Private Network (VPN), network management protocols SNMP, WMI. Experience with VoIP optimizing networks (QoS, CoS, ToS), Cisco ASA Firewalls. Network instrumentation and management systems including managed services platforms, remote monitoring and remote support and management. Network security systems including Web Proxy, Barracuda Networks, Juniper Intrusion Detection systems, Cisco layer 2/3 switches with IOS and Firewall configurations, Cisco VPN Concentrators, HP Switch configurations, VoIP Gateways, Cisco and Adtran routers. SAN Fiber Optic Switches.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Deployed new LAN infrastructure including PoE Plus switches, core switches, VLAN’s and network management instrumentation.
- Successfully deployed new fleet management automation system built on Microsoft SQL server and Microsoft IIS.
- Successfully deployed and went live on new accounting system built on Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains.
- Successfully rehabilitated the organizations declining network environment with proper best practices for hardware and software including Active Directory, LAN Switching, Server configurations and application configuration to improve overall operating environment performance.
- Successfully implemented high performance Internet solution for private cloud initiatives including security solutions with Cisco ASA firewall configuration, router configuration and Juniper intrusion detection management.
- Established new department position for network security administrator including systems and processes to meet the security objectives.
- Implemented a major line of business application for Electronic Health Record ( EHR / EMR ) driving positive organization wide change in addition to strategic technology initiatives.
- Developed and implemented high density computing initiative for internal data center needs with Blade servers, SAN’s, and virtualization.
- Restructured data room facilities cooling and power to meet current and future demands.
Confidential, Glen Allen, VA
Chief Executive Officer / President
- Reduced internal telecom costs 67% by designing and deploying VoIP system with SIP trunking.
- Carried out development of customer facing IT resource web portal product for managed services in 2000-2001 lauded by multiple technology firms as innovative and demonstrating thought leadership.
- Enabled effective on-boarding of new clients with simplified customer facing resources by designing complex network communications and security solution infrastructure, along with overall security blueprint.
- Created secure system to integrate networks of multiple healthcare organizations including hospital information systems and hospital networks to a large, multi-site, 40+ physician practice. Project included systems, remote users, VPN access, and web portal resources.
- Increased physician charge capture opportunities and facilitated streamlined access to cardiovascular services for rural hospital system with remote physician access to cardiovascular nuclear studies.
- Planned and led partnership, acquisition, and turnaround initiatives for customers.
- Directed system integrations, process automation, technology deployments, infrastructure design, and hardware/software implementations for companies in various fields.
- Developed systems and business operating environment to service the SMB market segment as their virtual IT department and acted as virtual IT director for many small and medium businesses.
- Personally provide substantial technical consulting services, for all levels of IT projects and typically sought out as the “Go To” person for the most challenging technical issues and support.
- Successfully recruited and developed the high caliber technology professionals sought after for managed technology services
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Systems Product / Marketing Engineer
- Facilitated growth and sales by conducting cost analyses and technology needs forecasting.
- Contributed to sales efforts through competitive analyses, bid preparation, and contract negotiations.
- Enabled sales growth by identifying new markets and products for development or implementation.
- Planned and led systems training for internal and customer technical and non-technical personnel.
- Envisioned and developed organizations first electronic technical product troubleshooting, support manual including self service deployment solution to field offices worldwide.
- Product development and functional software design specification of next generation application product with graphical user interface and various communications sub systems with real time control systems.
Confidential, Henrico, VA
Manager / Owner
- Owned and operated company providing technical support and consulting in engineering department automation and systems integration. Additionally performed LAN/WAN design and support.
- Performed custom application development and system optimization.
- Carried out electronic repairs, computer system installations, and CAD equipment support.
- Trained and supervised technical personnel in support, installation and technical electronic drafting activities.