- Around 8 years of experience in Software Development and Expertise in OBIEE 22.214.171.124.1 /126.96.36.199 /10.1.3.4 /10.1.3.3, OBIA(7.9.6)/(7.9.5) and Siebel Analytics 7.5/7.7/ 7.8.4. Extensive experience in OBIEE Administration Tool, OBIEE Answers, OBIEE Intelligent Dashboards, BI Publisher, Delivers and iBots,Toad,SQL Developer,SAP BO,BICS.
- Experience in providing end - to-end business intelligence solution by dimensional modeling design, developing and configuring OBIEE Repository (RPD), Interactive Dashboards, OBIEE Answers, security implementation, Analytics Metadata objects, Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports) and scheduling iBots.
- Expertise in Oracle BI Server, Oracle BI Answers, BI Interactive Dashboards and Oracle BI Publisher.
- Strong experience in developing OBIEE/Siebel Analytics Repository (.rpd) - three layers (Physical Layer, Business Model & Presentation Layer).
- Expertise in developing Custom Reports.
- Experienced in configuring and set up of OBIEE Security using LDAP and External Database Tables and configuring object level and database level security.
- Extensively worked on Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) Topology manager, Designer, Operator.
- Created various data integration project components Interfaces, Packages, Procedures using Oracle Data Integrator’s Designer.
- Good conceptual knowledge and experience in creating ODI scenarios and scheduled using agents at regular intervals.
- Strong Knowledge in using various knowledge modules and customizing knowledge modules.
- Strong knowledge and Experience on ODI jobs monitoring, debugging any failed jobs and production support using ODI’s Operator.
- Expertise in Fit Gap analysis to gather, define and document business requirements. Both for Data warehouse models and Business intelligence models.
- Experience in data warehousing such as dimensional modeling, star and snowflake schemas, data marts, fact and dimension tables identification, and OLAP.
- Experience in using Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC) to schedule the Informatica jobs and metadata management.
- Expertise in design, development, and implementation of Business Intelligence applications including Business Analysis, Dimensional Modelling, Repository Management (RPD), Extraction Transformation and Load (ETL).
- Effectively made use of Table Functions, Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views, Query Re-Write and Transportable table spaces.
- Experience with Oracle Supplied Packages such as DBMS SQL,DBMS JOB and UTL FILE.
- Created Packages and Procedures to automatically drop table indexes and create indexes for the tables.
- Worked extensively on Ref Cursor, External Tables and Collections
- Experience in Security Setup at both Object and Data levels, which involved creation of users/groups, Access privileges, LDAP authentication setup, External table and configuration of Multiuser Development Environment.
- Experienced in usage of Disconnected Analytics and Siebel/Oracle Delivers for sending alerts via intelligence agents (iBots) to the dashboards for the end users.
- Experience in creating and using Initialization blocks, Dynamic, Static, and Session Variables.
- Experience in XML/BI Publisher, which includes working on report development objects like data templates and RTFs.
- Devised strategy for refreshing reports Query caching. Optimized database indexes and run statistics process for enhancing query performance.
- Experience in Installing, Upgrading and Configuring OBIEE, OBIA from 10.1.3.4.1 to 188.8.131.52.0 and from 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 and 18.104.22.168.x.
- Experience in working with OBIEE 11g Web Logic Server, Enterprise manager Fusion Middleware, .RPD and Webcatalog.
- Extensive experience in at all three layers (Physical, Business Model and Presentation)of RPD using the Oracle BI Administration.
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP System Study, Analysis and E-R modeling, building Analytics Repository and Metadata Modeling consisting of three layers (Physical Layer, Business Model (Semantic Layer) & Presentation Layer, developing Database Schemas like Star schema and Snowflake schema used in relational, dimensional and multidimensional modeling.
- Expertise in identifying the KPI's and Business Model development with Facts, Dimensions, slowly changing dimensions Hierarchies, Measures, Partitioning, Aggregation Rules, Time Series. Repository and Session variables and Initialization blocks
- Experience in supporting the production system and handling day-to-day issues.
- Experience in training business users on OBIEE Answers and Dashboards and educating technical super users and administrators on repository and web catalog migrations procedures with Oracle best practices.
- Hands on experience in customizing reports, filters and charts in Oracle Answers.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Debugging, Optimizing and Performance Tuning of Oracle BI/Siebel Analytics Dashboards/Reports by implementing Aggregate navigation, cache management and materialized views .
- Knowledge in Data warehousing development using ETL tools such as Informatica Power Center 7.x/ 6.x and developed Informatica Mappings and Workflows with Worklets& Tasks using various Transformations for ETL of data from Multiple Sources to Data Warehouse.
- Experience working with various Heterogeneous Source Systems like Oracle, Teradata, and Flat files.
- Developed Complex mappings from varied transformation logic like Unconnected /Connected lookups, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Update Strategy and more.
- Implemented complex business rules in Informatica by creating re-usable transformations, robust mappings/mapplets.
- Migrated Repository and Web Catalog from one environment to another environment.
- Experience in creating and using Initialization blocks, Dynamic, Static, and Session Variables.
- Provide HIPAA compliance requirements for Oracle Stack and Database
- Hands on experience on SAP BO, BICS, Tabula.
Business Intelligence: OBIEE11g/ 10.1.3.4/3/2, BI Publisher, SiebelAnalytics7.8, BI Apps22.214.171.124ETL Tools: ODI 11g, Informatica Power Center, Power Mart 6.2/5.1
Data Modeling: Dimensional Data, Erwin, ER/Studio, Visio, Star Schema, Snowflake, Tables, Physical and Logical.
Tools: Toad, SQL Developer
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, C, C++
Operating Systems: UNIX (AIX 5.1), Windows NT, Windows 95/98/00/xp, Linux.
Business Intelligence: Siebel 8.1,OBIEE (Oracle Business intelligence Enterprise Edition), Administration, Answers, Interactive Dashboards, Oracle BI Publisher, BI Delivers, Web Catalog Administration, Analytics Server Administration
Reporting Tools: Biapps 126.96.36.199.1 /8.1, OBIEE 11g/10g, Siebel Analytics 7.8.x/7.7.x/7.5.x, BI Publisher 10.1.3.4/188.8.131.52./184.108.40.206.2 Business Objects 6.5, Siebel Analytics 7.8.4, Oracle Report Builder 10g, SAP BO, BICS
Scheduling tools: DAC (Data Warehouse Access Control)
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr. OBIEE Developer
- Performed in-depth analysis and documentation of business logic and requirements.
- Developed high level design documents for reporting and analysis projects.
- Extensive experience in working with Multi User Development Environments
- Deployed the RPD from MUDE to DEV, QA and production environments
- Designed and implemented Physical and Logical Star Schemas using Facts, Dimensions, Alias, Metrics and Extension tables provided with Foreign and Complex joins.
- Worked with database administrators to optimize report performance through database tuning.
- Created Meta Data repositories using OBIEE administration tool.
- Created OBIEE subject areas based on reporting requirements and built them into the physical layer of the OBIEE repository.
- Managed ODBC connections with created Meta Data and Repositories according to needed Subject Areas.
- Created schedules to seed and purge cache for cache management.
- Implemented security by creating roles and web groups, and defined Object Level and Data Level
- Defined and created Initialization Blocks, Repository and Session Variables for generating filters and defining security.
- Provide HIPAA regulation expertise to make sure environment is compliant with FDA regulations
- Designed and built the physical and logical models in Physical and Business Model & Mapping Layer in the OBIEE Administration tool.
- Worked on RTF Templet and interactive template for migrating reports from 10 G to 11G
- Worked on scheduling BIPublisher reports basing on user requirement.
- Performed monitoring and analysis on OBIEE report usage.
- Established and followed processes for OBIEE access requests, new report requests, report changes, and other ongoing maintenance.
- Participated in the Modeling of several multidimensionals including surrogate key design and index placement.
- Experienced in Data warehouse/Data Mart Development Life Cycle and performed ETL procedure to load data from different sources into data- warehouse using Power Center, Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Worked in Production Support Environment as well as QA/TEST environments for projects, work orders, maintenance requests, bug fixes, enhancements, data changes, etc.
- Wrote conversion scripts using SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, functions and packages to migrate data from SQL server database to Oracle database.
- Generated server side PL/SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and materialized views for remote instances.
- Developed PL/SQL triggers and master tables for automatic creation of primary keys.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functionsandpackages for moving the data from staging area to data mart.
- Created scripts to create new tables, views, queries for new enhancement in the application using TOAD.
- Created indexes on the tables for faster retrieval of the data to enhance database performance.
- Performed Database Administration of all database objects including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences packages and procedures.
- Developed test cases and performed Unit Testing and Integration Testing of the Repository and Web Catalogs.
- Used Oracle Data Integrator ODI to extract relevant data from Oracle EBS and map it to Siebel interface tables.
- Used Oracle Data Visualization Desktop to connect to Oracle Cloud Application OTBI environments to get data
- Involved in modification of local object mask to simplify the creation of more number of interfaces
- Created and Configured ODI Repositories, Interfaces, Packages, Procedures and Scenarios.
- Extensively used ODI to load data from Oracle, XML files and flat files
- Used Oracle Data Integrator ODI to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data into data warehouse database and Oracle EBS interface tables.
- Modified existing reports and created new reports from various sources as per the business requirements. Worked extensively on Oracle BI Publisher and provided the capability to download the high-fidelity reports in the user defined formats (PDF, CSV, HTML, EXCEL and XML DATA).
- Scheduled IBots and seeded server cache using Delivers to improve system performance. Scheduled reports to be e-mailed using BI Publisher Scheduler.
- Created session and repository variables and initialized them in the Initialization Blocks to change metadata dynamically as the environment changes.
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence(OBIEE) 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168.0, BI Publisher 22.214.171.124.1, Template Builder, OBIEEE 10G, Oracle BI Server, BI Publisher Enterprise, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) v.126.96.36.199/v.188.8.131.52,SQL Developer,TOAD, Oracle 12c .
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Interacted with Business Analyst, data Modelers in understanding the Analytics report requirements
- Worked extensively on Customizing Physical Data Layer, Business model and mapping layer and Presentation Layer in Administration Tool.
- Configured the Intelligent Dashboards for different user groups to view data across regions with the facility of drill downs and Charts.
- Debugged reports and Dashboards visibility with respect to user’s responsibility and web groups in an integrated environment
- Performed GAP Analysis
- Involved in creating Star schema as per the business requirements to store the business attributes and measures and configured the Logical Layer, Logical tables, dimensions and columns and created the logical joins required to support drill-down aggregation
- Having Very good Understanding of the business requirements and Transforming the requirements into subject areas
- Created Business Facts & Dimensions and defined Logical relation between them in BMM layer.
- Created Dimensional Hierarchies for the Drill Down functionality and implemented Business Logics for Facts Scheduled IBots and seeded server cache using Delivers to improve system performance. Scheduled reports to be e-mailed using BI Publisher Scheduler.
- Used the ODI Designer to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data into data warehouse database.
- Created Reports using different Analytics Views (Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, Table) like Drill Down, Pivot Reports using Column Filters and Prompts to filter the request in Answers
- Developed Various custom reports/Ad-hoc Reports for querying and Filters and prompts.
- Configured the Dashboard and Saved requests in Answers for drill down features
- Worked with the Security settings in Oracle Business Administration Tool to set up users, groups, access privileges.
- Creating Dimensional Hierarchies and level based Measures
- Prepared the ETL spreadsheet after identifying the Facts and Dimensions.
- Good experience in understanding & creating source and target definitions, mappings, and working with sessions
- Created management analysis reporting using ParallelQueries, Javastoredprocedure, HTPPackage and WEB.SHOW DOCUMENT. Participated in change and code reviews to understand the testing needs of the change components. Worked on troubleshooting defects in timely manner.
- Involved in creating UNIXshellScripting. Defragmentation of tables, partitioning, compressing and indexes for improved performance and efficiency. Involved in table redesigning with implementation of Partitions Table and Partition Indexes to make Database Faster and easier to maintain.
- Experience in DatabaseApplicationDevelopment, Query Optimization, Performance Tuning and DBA solutions and implementation experience in complete SystemDevelopmentLifeCycle.
- Developed interfaces to load data between interface tables using PL/SQL.
- Developed Data entry, query and reports request screens and tuned the SQL queries.
- Used joins, indexes effectively in where clauses for Query optimization.
- Developed technical specifications and test cases and resolved issues during testing
- Configured the scheduler which runs the Ibots and delivers the content
- Developed BI dashboards for territory report, Sales Performance etc.
- Involved in Creating the required mappings using Informatica PowerCenter Designer and created the tasks for the mappings developed through Informatica PowerCenter
- Participated in weekly team meetings and reviews meetings.
- Co-ordinated with QA team to test and validate the reporting system and its data
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence(OBIEE)184.108.40.206, Oracle BI Server, BI Publisher Enterprise, SQL Developer, Quality Center, Windows XP Professional
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Gathered Business Requirements from end Users and efficiently converted the requirements to technical specifications for developing the Reports/Dashboards as defined.
- Developed various objects in Repository using BI Admin tool by importing the required objects with integrity constraints into Physical Layer using Connection Pool.
- Categorized the Facts, Dimensions and identified the Granularity level in accordance with the need of end user before implementing the Multi-Level Based Hierarchies.
- Customized Star and Snowflake schemas by linking the Fact and Dimension Tables.
- Created measures and Aggregated Tables to better the performance/understanding of the reports.
- Effectively implemented Time Series Functions, calculation Wizard and Expression Builder to generate trend analysis reports.
- Developed Performance Tuning Strategies, for optimized performance, by implementing Aggregate Navigation, Cache Management, re-organizing data, and making some changes to Reports.
- Implemented Security at Object level and Data level in the OBIEE Repository and Answers by creating Repository and Session Variables and Initialized Blocks.
- Created Security settings in OBIEE Administration Tool to set the groups and access privileges and query privileges. Also implemented security for the groups at the BI Answers.
- Developed end-user and migration Documentation briefing the features and capabilities of various reports with screenshots and supporting description on how to schedule and execute.
- Developed reports and dashboards with various analytical views with Global and Local Filters.
- Customized Prompts page level and Dashboard level, in accordance with the requirements.
- Developed Guided Navigation drill downs, Pivot Tables, Narrative Views, Charts to improve accessibility of dashboards.
- Configured presentation layer used by different user groups and also established various standard queries in order to create precise presentation layer.
- Designed and Integrated BI Publisher reports to oracle BI Dashboards for Analysis to PDF/RTF templates.
- Configured iBots to deliver content based Analytics on schedule, automated iBots to obtain daily and weekly reports.
- Created the Technical and Functional design documents for the entire new application.
- Deployed the test cases and test scripts to test the reports during the Testing phase.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.4, Oracle 11g/10g, Windows NT, SQL *PLUS, Toad, BI Publisher.
- Identified Facts, Dimensions, and Hierarchies of the business model.
- Involved in Analysis, Requirement gathering, function/technical specification, development and testing.
- Identified the granularity level of the business model based on the end user requirements.
- Extensively used OBIEE Administration Tool for customizing and modifying the physical, business, and Presentation layer of the repository.
- Worked extensively on OBIEE Answers and Dashboards to create the reports as per the client requirements.
- Worked extensively on various Cache Management techniques to increase the performance of the both Real-Time and Non Real-Time reports.
- Created groups in the repository and added users to the groups and granted privileges explicitly and through group inheritance.
- Developed different kinds of reports (pivots, charts, tabular) using global and local Filters.
- Created corporate standard variables in the metadata to ensure standard measures and best practices are followed.
- Customized Dashboard reports using drill-down capabilities.
- Implemented Prompts to provide dynamic filter condition to End users.
- Created Intelligent Dashboards for different groups of users to view across regions, Customer demography with the facility to drill downs and charts.
- Providing object level security for different web groups based on responsibilities.
- Developed security matrix for dashboards/Answers users based on Individual responsibilities.
- Configuring iBots to deliver analytics content based on schedule to obtain weekly reports and sent notification Alerts.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.3, Oracle Financial Analytics 7.9.5, Oracle 11g, SQL, TOAD, PL/SQL.