- Around 8 years of experience in gathering Business Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementations and Documentation of various functionalities of Data Warehouse, Data Marts, BI and Transactional applications.
- Six years of extensive Business Intelligence and Data warehousing experience with Kimball and Inmon Methodology using OBIEE 11g/10g, OBIA, ODI 11G, Informatica 7.x
- Strong understanding of logical and physical database designs and also dimensional modeling schemas like Star and Snowflake schema.
- Expertise in design and development of the three layers (Physical/Business Model and Mapping/Presentation) of an OBI Metadata Repository using Oracle BI Administration Tool.
- Expertise in developing complex UI analysis and Interactive Dashboards with drill - down capabilities (charts/tables/graphs) in OBIEE and BI Publisher
- Configured Agents/iBOTS (alerts) for scheduled reporting for business users for periodic analysis.
- Sound knowledge of database architecture for OLTP and OLAP applications, Data Analysis, ETL processes in developing data marts and Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Good understanding of ODI architecture and installation of Topology, Security Manager, Designer, Agents, Operator, Master Repository and Work Repository
- Developed various packages with interfaces and generated and scheduled scenarios under load Plan for executing ETL packages in ODI Studio.
- Development strategies for Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) of data from various sources into Data Marts and Data Warehouses using Informatica Power Center (Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor).
- Experienced in Performance Tuning of Source, Targets, Mappings, Sessions and Transformations.
- Used DAC (Data Warehouse Administration Console) to configure, administer, load and monitor modular data warehouse applications.
- Experience in writing Database Objects like Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers in PL/SQL.
- Expertise in creating data models and Report Layouts using those models in BI Publisher.
- Expertise in BI Apps (OBIA) for Sales, Service, Financials, EAM, HR Analytics, Procurements, Order Management, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing and Project analytics.
- Worked on different source systems like Oracle E-Business suite, Seibel, Endeca MDEX, etc.
- Proficient in all the phases of the Software development lifecycle, including requirements Definition, Analysis, Design, System Implementation, Performance Tuning, Testing and Production Support.
- Active team player with excellent communication, organization and Interpersonal skills, self-motivated and quick learner.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, fun-filled and challenging environment.
BI Tools/Analytics: OBIEE 11g, OBIEE 10.1.3.x,OBIA 184.108.40.206,BIPublisher, SSRS, Siebel Analytics 7.8.2
Oracle Applications: Oracle E-Business Suite 11i (11.5.9)/R12 (Order Management, Inventory, Sales Purchasing, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, AOL, System Administrator).
ETL Tools: Oracle Data Integrator(ODI) 220.127.116.11, Informatica 9.1/8.1/7.x/6.xDatabase: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL, MS Access
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, HTML, XML
Oracle Tools/Utilities: SQL*Loader, Oracle Designer, SQL Developer, TOAD, Putty, SQL Navigator, Oracle Developer 18.104.22.168
Operating System: Windows Vista, Win 95/98/2000/XP, Win NT 4.0, Linux, Unix
Knowledge: Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB)
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Sr. OBIEE/OBIA Developer
- Interacting with Business users and management for gathering requirements and building the analytical reporting solutions to business.
- Designed, Developed and Modified OBIEE Functional Metadata Repository by using the OBI Administration tool
- Was responsible for implementing data models in Physical Layer of RPD and then constructing logical structures in the BMM layer and organizing the subject areas in the Presentation layer.
- Implemented data level and object level security in OBIEE
- Developed Complex Reports with various views including pivots, charts, column selectors, drill down hierarchies, etc., and these catalog objects along with dashboard prompts to provide intuitive drilldowns and links to exploit the full benefit of Analytical Dashboards
- Customized OBIA modules - Financials, Projects, Account Payables, Procurement and Spend Analytics, Order Management, Inventory, Purchase Orders, GL, Account Receivables, reports and subject areas in the RPD and developed new analytics using these OOTB objects.
- Performing Admin Tasks like merging catalog and RPD objects, migration, Deployment, Security, Maintain and Monitor BI and WebLogic services and work on performance boosting.
- Implemented multiple LDAP’s through WebLogic console for secured authentication and authorization.
- Implemented Usage tracking in OBIEE setup through enterprise manager and then developed reports/ Dashboards for Usage tracking
- Created Customized application roles for restricted access to OBIEE Objects and assigning them to securing groups in AD for designated OBIEE Users
- Designed packages, interfaces, Procedures, KM's and scenarios in ODI (Oracle Data Integrator).
- Customized OOTB OBIA packages for ETL using ODI studio based on the business requirements.
- Created and customized various data models in ODI using Oracle EBS source system objects.
- Manage and Monitor Daily ODI incremental loads using BIACM and ODI Console for any issues.
- Maintain and manage the LINUX server platform for effective operations of the OBIEE and ODI applications.
Environment: OBIA 22.214.171.124.1, OBIEE 126.96.36.199.131017 (Build 131008.1224.5 64- bit), ODI 188.8.131.52 Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition 184.108.40.206, Oracle EBS 12.1.3, Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. OBIEE/OBIA Developer
- Was involved in the end to end life cycle of the project from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Designed and developed the OBIEE Metadata Repository using OBIEE Admin tool by importing the required objects (Dimensions & Facts) with integrity constraints into Physical Layer using connection pool, developing multiple Dimensions (Drill-Down Hierarchies) & Logical & Facts / Measures objects in Business Model Layer, and creating the Subject Areas in Presentation Layer.
- Designed and developed various Interactive Dashboards and reports with drilldowns, guided navigation, filters, and prompts.
- Configured BI Scheduler and Oracle BI Delivers- Agents to deliver alerts and published updated content to subscribed users as per the schedules and requirements.
- Performance Tuning of Dashboards/Reports and made recommendations for changes to data model, Aggregated and non-aggregated objects and implementing indexes to physical tables.
- Developed Functional Requirement Document and Technical Requirement Document for Commercial Analytics using OBIA-Siebel.
- Installed and configured OBIA with the existing OBIEE setup by merging the RPD and importing all the OOTB OBIA objects and custom columns from Siebel source.
- Worked in OBIA Modules - Financials, Procurements and Spend, Projects and HR Analytics
- Modifying and managing the Informatica workflows relating to OBIA OOTB objects.
- Configured DAC and integrated it with the Informatica workflows and scheduled the full load and incremental loads for the objects required.
- Managed the ETL Process by running PL/SQL Stored Procedures through Control-M Jobs.
- Worked on data models from 4 different source systems (Oracle EBS, Seibel, Loadstar and Tibco)
- Performed lead operations with the offshore team to meet the deadlines for OBIEE and OBIA projects
- Was solely responsible for admin tasks like maintaining and monitor the OBIEE server, Migration of catalog objects and RPD files, Monitoring cache files and temp files and managing the full system performance on wintel platform.
Environment: OBIEE 220.127.116.11.1/18.104.22.168.0, Oracle BI Apps 22.214.171.124, Oracle Applications 11i/R12 General Ledger, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Purchasing, Fixed Assets, Informatica Power Center 8.6.1, DAC 10.1.3.4.1 Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, DAC 10.1.3.4.1
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. OBIEE Developer /Admin
- Worked on End to End life cycle for BI Solutions which includes data setup from source to target systems on different granular level.
- Installed and configured OBIEE11g in Linux/Unix Environment.
- Implemented Load balancer for High Availability in OBIEE 11g.
- Integrated OBIEE with Site minder for SSO configuration.
- Worked on setting up the Multi User Development (MUD) Environment.
- Extensively used ETL processes through ODI to load data from flat files into the target database by applying business logic on transformation mapping for inserting and updating records when loaded.
- Developed the Metadata RPD modules to support the Analytical report development.
- Data Modeling the Warehouse tables and categorizing in various Subject Areas and then using these Subject Areas to build high end complex analytical views...
- Designed Interactive Dashboards and created Complex Reports by using the Different Views like Table, Pivot, Chart, Column Selector, View Selector and Combined with Similar Requests.
- Provided interactive reports on OBIA Modules over Sales, Financial and EAM analytics
- Performed various admin tasks which involved implementing security, Migration and maintenance of the server.
- Diagnose and resolve Data Warehouse access and performance issues.
- Involved in Integrating Oracle BI Presentation Services with BI Publisher.
- Worked using Catalog Manager to migrate Web Catalog from Instance to Instances.
- Also handled ETL Procedures using SQL Server Integration Server (SSIS) for one of the Source Systems through TIBCO
Environment: Oracle Applications 11i/R12 General Ledger, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Purchasing, Fixed Assets, OBIEE 126.96.36.199/ 10.1.3.4.1, Oracle BI Apps 188.8.131.52, ODI 11G, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, DAC 10.1.3.4.1, Oracle E-Business Suite 11i (11.5.9).
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Sr. OBIEE Developer
- Handled the project from the scratch and was responsible to design, develop and regression Testing.
- Implemented Cluster Control for High Availability in OBIEE.
- Configured OBIEE with Oracle Access Manager with OBIEE to implement the Single Sign on (SSO).
- Worked and developed Repository (.rpd), configured metadata objects (Subject Area, Table, Column) and Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports).
- Created Security Settings in Oracle Administration Tool to setup Groups and Provide Access Privileges and Query Privileges and also managed security for Groups in BI Answers.
- Developed Dashboards for each of metrics by embedding reports and providing intuitive drill- downs and links to exploit the full benefit of Analytics in providing summary and detail reports.
- Used OBIEE Delivers to automate iBOTS queries, obtain weekly reports and to send alerts to related managers and secured team members.
- Managed the ETL Process by running PL/SQL Stored Procedures through Control-M Jobs.
- Involved in developing the Incremental ETL process using various Transformation and Workflows with Sessions/Tasks, executed workflows through shell scripts using PMCMD.
- Created & saved several BI Publisher reports by selecting an Answers request as Data Source.
- Build test cases and tested the Reports/Dashboards by comparing the SQL Output on the Data warehouse to the values in the Reports/Dashboards, documented the test results.
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 11g, Informatica 8.6.1, Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC) 10.1.3.4.1, Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle Delivers, Windows XP, UNIX/LINUX Oracle 11g/10g, SQL,ODI, PL/SQL.
- Optimized SQL queries using SQL profiler, indexed views and indexes.
- Wrote and optimized complex queries, stored procedures, UDFs in support of the ETL processes, front end applications and reports.
- Successfully transferred old data from various sources like flat files, MS Access, and Excel into MS SQL Server 2008/2005.
- Developed data access queries/programs using SQL Query to run in production on a regular basis and assists end users with development of complex Ad Hoc queries.
- Facilitated data retrieval and manipulation through implementation of Views, Procedures, Triggers and Cursors.
- Performed Extraction, Transformation and loading of data from SQL Server and flat file sources into target database.
- Extracted data from MS Excel, SQL Server 2000 and flat files and loaded to Data warehouse.
- Created the mapping documents based on the data model and the client requirements.
- Created front end reports, Intelligence dashboards by using Siebel Analytics Reporting tool and also worked on few .rpd components to meet the business requirements
- Supported OBIEE 10g Installation and configuration
- Developed Analytical reporting using OBIEE 11g presentation services..
- Debugged and tuned final released production queries.
- Was responsible for periodic deliveries of content reporting for the client at US location.
Environment: Oracle SQL Dev, MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle SQL, Windows NT, Oracle 9.2.05, OBIEE 10g.