- 7 years of IT industry experience in Business Intelligence with major focus on Data Warehousing and Database Applications
- Extensive experience using MicroStrategy Suite ( Architect, Desktop, Web, Narrowcast Server, Distribution Services, Administration, Object Manager, Command Manager, OLAP Services Environment and Intelligence Server)
- Experience in creating and integrating Schema Objects (Attributes, Facts, Transformations and Hierarchies) and Public Objects (Metrics, Filters, Prompts, Custom Groups, Consolidations, Drill Maps, Templates, Reports, Intelligent Cubes, Documents and Dashboards) using MicroStrategy Desktop.
- Proficient in designing and developing grid reports, documents, dashboards and scorecards.
- Good command on Command Manager, Integrity Manager, Object Manager and Distribution services.
- Tuning of the MicroStrategy Reports using Data Mart Reports and Intelligent Cubes.
- Designed Tableau visualizations and dashboards using global filter page, and complex parameters based calculation.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Experienced in developing reports, graphs and dashboards using Business Intelligence Tool WebFOCUS.
- Six - sigma trained professional with exposure in the food, retail, healthcare and telecommunication industry.
- Ability to work independently as well as work with teams having varying backgrounds on complex issues and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
BI TOOLS: Micro strategy 9.0.1, 9.0.3, 9.3.0, 9.4.1,10.1, 10.2 Desktop, Web and Mobile Webfocus 7.6.10, Tableau 10.0., 10.3.1.SQL TOOLS: SQL Developer 1.5, MS SQL Server 2008, MS SQL Server 2012, Toad, Teradata.
DATABASES: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata
- Working with the clients to understand the requirements and documentation of technical specifications.
- Created Visual Insights Dashboard with multiple datasets, selectors and visualizations.
- Worked on multiple Change Requests in a Spanish project involving modifying complex metrics, attributes and filters.
- Built the schema layer of a project from scratch, which involved building around 180 attributes and metrics using Microstrategy Architect.
- Built template for adhoc reporting enabling only certain attributes and metrics for users through web browsing option.
- Create table aliases to resolve attribute roles for date and distributor views based on business requirements.
- Developed multi-layout dashboard with visualizations, multiple grids, selectors.
- Incorporated photos from S3 location on to the dashboards.
- Migrated objects from DEV to TEST environments using Object Manager.
- Perform analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of complex reports, ETL scripts and dashboards.
- Working with the DBA to troubleshoot high level issues to identify and resolve problems caused by the database, source data, ETL, or the Business Intelligence software
- Working with DBA to write and modify SQL scripts to update tables and views.
- Performing detailed data analysis, validation, and identify data quality issues to ensure consistency across other existing dashboards.
- Experience with creating Worksheets and Dashboard.
- Using Multiple Measures like Individual Axes and Dual Axes.
- Building and publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, using Tableau server.
- Generated Tableau Dashboard with quick/context/global filters, parameters and complex calculated fields on Tableau reports.
- Developing Tableau dashboards using containers.
- Built dashboards with floating objects and capitalizing the various dashboard actions features like URL and images.
- Structured the dashboard with a consistent layout with visuals chart at the top and corresponding crosstab data and the bottom
- Customized the tooltips and labels, to user understandable format, the numerical measure was changed to its appropriate formats like representing the Comp Sales, Product Sales as currency values and percentages with percentage symbols.
- Meet with the client on a weekly basis and do a demo of the current status of the project and take their feedback.
Microstrategy Lead/ Developer/Admin
- Administered MicroStrategy environments and formulated user groups.
- Worked with Connectivity Configuration Wizard to configure the Metadata connectivity information, metadata DSN name etc.
- Created different Project Sources for different environments like production, testing and development.
- Worked in MicroStrategy Administration creating new users, roles, privileges, shared folders, access controls Lists.
- Configured Enterprise Manger and developed customized reports to depict the usage and performance of reports, User activity and Cache analysis.
- Worked closely with all aspects of the Business Intelligence group in order to deliver the required solutions in a timely manner.
- Customized and optimized reports for various users using MicroStrategy features like Governing rules at Project level.
- Worked with the DBA on issues of database performance and security.
- Closely worked with ETL team for maintaining the quality of the data and reconcile Fact and lookup tables.
- Responsible for maintaining I server and Web Server.
- Used project merge wizard and user merge wizard to merge projects and merging users.
- Responsible for setting the Microstrategy Environment for any Proto type projects
- Responsible for scheduling the user jobs, creating schedules for Web.
- Responsible for Job Monitoring and maintaining the cache on the I Server
- Managed backup of Metadata.
- Coordinated with clients on various aspects on a daily basis.
- Advanced administration, supervision and performance tuning methods.
- Handled complex Migrations using Object Manager.
- Used command manager effectively for multiple user creations.
- Automated the process of cache deletion using command manager.
- Created ETL based subscriptions.
- Formulated grid, graph, document and dashboard reports.
- Handled duplication of the project.
- Planned and implemented the Hotfix 10.1 patch on all the servers in all the environments.
- Used Integrity Manager for testing the whole project.
- Worked on break-fix of the application.
- Worked on the analysis of the query generated by Microstrategy in SQL Server 2012.
- Suggested the developers on how to increase the performance at the cube level.
- Co-ordination with the offshore team and the clients on a regular basis.
- Development of Financial Management reports (around 10) from scratch.
- Proposed robust architecture solutions for microstrategy components.
- Coordinated with ETL team to design flexible and scalable data models.
- Coordinated with clients to analyze business needs.
- Reviewed data models and provided recommendations for optimization.
- Prepared personalized reports to end-users by including page-by and thresholds.
- Validated end user report requests using SQL and MicroStrategy tools.
- Configure reports for end users in Microstrategy Desktop and MicroStrategy Web 9.4.1.
- Create Dashboards and Documents using Flash and Widgets.
- Created the Data mart reports based on specific requirements and running the existing Data mart reports for weekly and monthly loads.
- Involved in Developing Reports by using Free Form SQL Queries in MicroStrategy Desktop.
- Creation of Intelligent cubes and sharing to reduce the database load and decreasing the report execution time by using the cube services.
- Created ad-hoc reports by drilling up, down, within and across Hierarchies.
- Designed Components, Templates, Filters to generate Reports in grid and graph mode.
- Auto prompt filter feature gave end-user a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the report.
- Created transformations (Table Based and Expression Based) for YTD (Year to date), QTD (Quarter to date), MTD (Month to date) and WTD (Week to date) analysis.
- Scheduled reports as per the user requirements like cache, e-mailing to user ids.
- Involved in creation of Data mart Reports and Aggregate tables to improve performance of reports.
- Involved in optimization of code and tuning queries for performance.
- Involved in the Creation Document from multiple Datasets.
- Testing, deployment and support for all management reports.
- Worked in object manager to move the objects from one environment to other under the guidance of admin team.
- Issue resolution and UAT support
- Worked as a Business Analyst by participating in all the Business Meetings with the users to give necessary inputs.
- Gathered, analyzed, documented business and technical requirements from both formal and informal sessions and validated the needs of the business stakeholders.
- Created MicroStrategy objects like Metrics (Conditional, Transformational, Dimensional, and Compound), Filters, Prompts (Filter, Object), Templates and Reports.
- Worked on creating custom groups and consolidations as per requirements.
- Created Apply Simple and Apply Comparison functions to develop complex metrics and filters.
- Importing tables using Warehouse catalog and Creating Logical Tables.
- Designed Dashboards in summarizing key business indicators by presenting them in visually intuitive, easy to read, interactive documents using the new selectors like radio buttons, check boxes, panels, slider, button bar etc.
- Created Datasets based on Intelligent Cubes, Derived Metrics and View filters using OLAP services.
- Generated different kinds of Pass-Through Functions and used for time filters like current month and previous year etc.
- Worked in designing Templates to generate Reports in grid and graph mode and used filters with prompts to give the end-user a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the report along with different custom groups.
- Tested all the reports by running queries against the warehouse using SQL Developer. Also compared those queries with the MicroStrategy SQL engine generated queries.
- Used analytical and governing settings in VLDB properties to tune the SQL and for calculating the metrics in dealing with the nulls and zeroes.
- Created Transformations (table based, formula based) this week vs. last week analysis reporting.
- Drilling options (Drill up down across) were used to generate ad-hoc reports.
- Created design and technical specification documents for realizing MicroStrategy objects to be integrated in the report.
- Strong knowledge in creating Intelligent Cubes which will give the performance when executing the reports and also enabling Dynamic Sourcing for specific cubes
- Gathered requirements from management users for generation of reports in Web and Desktop.
- Created Dashboard and Scorecards using Report Services Documents.
- Worked in customization of Micro Strategy Web.
- Designed Custom drill maps using drill map editor as per the requirements for drill through functionality.
- Worked effectively with ETL team to assist them in data validation.
- Used several new controls for dashboards like time series slider, radio buttons and dropdown menus for the Flash version of the dashboards.
- Involved in Managing migration of Microstrategy projects and objects from Development to Testing and to production environment.
- Optimized reports to improve the performance.
- Co-ordinated test plans and provided feature/functionality/usage scenarios for the Managers.
- Tested report layouts, validated the SQL query, prompt orderings, export/print functionality and drilling options.
- Designed and Developed MicroStrategy Dashboards using customized Widgets.
- Created Datasets for the Dynamic dashboards using various selectors, panels and widgets.
- Extensively used report services to create dashboards to create summary level reports using multiple Datasets
- Used several new controls for dashboards like time series slider, radio buttons and dropdown menus for the Flash version of the dashboards.
- Tuning of the existing reports and dashboards by changing VLDB properties.
- Worked on Building Multidimensional Model, like multiple data sources including data warehouses, data marts, operational databases, and departmental databases
- Worked with Narrowcast server for sending reports via email to a large executive distribution group.
- Created advanced reports in Grid mode and Graph mode using MicroStrategy Desktop aiding in data analysis by combining template with filters.
- Using Auto Prompts filter feature to give the end-user a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the report.
- Facilitated generation of user-driven ad-hoc reports by drilling up, down, and across the dimension.
- Worked with a different team to get data using SAS and embedded that data in the project.
- Worked on creation of the report specifications document using the standard templates followed by the client.
- Analyzed the requirements and suggested few changes in the design in the initial phase of report development of the report to provide better visualization of data and functionality.
- Have met the strict deadlines in developing all the multiple reports with different look and fields and different data sources and used visualization techniques to provide a better understandability of data.
- Involved in Creation of Schema Objects (facts, attributes, hierarchies, Transformation) and application objects (filters, prompts, metrics, consolidations, custom groups, reports) needed to create the Micro strategy objects necessary for the deliverable.
- Created Ad-hoc reports by gathering specific requirements from the different users.
- Created services in MicroStrategy Narrowcast server using static and dynamic subscription sets.
- Attended weekly project and team meetings and provided status on the assigned tasks.
- Created project plans for development of MicroStrategy projects.
- Partnering with our business clients to understand the business analysis to be performed and subsequent required reports.
- Worked with MicroStrategy Desktop/Web to create new documents/dashboards and fix the issues with existing documents/dashboards.
- Building hierarchies, attributes and facts, extracting tables from warehouse catalog.
- Created Consolidations, Custom Groups and Prompts for the reports.
- Developed Scorecards and Dashboards that provide users a highly graphical, summary view of key metrics.
- Caching Reports in the Intelligence Server daily, enabling user to run the report immediately