- In depth knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system and shell scripting.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server Operating system and Powershell automation.
- Proven ability to create Python scripts that proactively identify application ecosystem issues and take corrective action when possible.
- Proven ability to maintain calm environment during large production incident calls, ensure calls stay on task, and external teams are partnering to resolve the issue.
- Ability to follow the data to understand why issues are occurring as well as ensure issues are truly resolved.
- Proven ability to quickly understand technical and business processes in applications, find gaps or areas of improvements, and work with both business and technical teams to ensure resolution.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply them to get the most value in the production support environment.
- Knowledge of Web technologies including Apache Confidential, Apache tomcat, WebSphere, and Microsoft IIS.
- Ability to troubleshoot web service calls and track data as it flows through applications ecosystems.
- Ability to create SQL queries that help team diagnose, assess and remediate issues in the production environment.
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members on how to optimize scripts and SQL queries.
- Continuously driven to self - improve and discover better ways of doing business.
- Proven track record of always taking on additional responsibilities and leadership opportunities.
- Experience with log aggregation tools and application performance monitors.
Applications Support Lead
- Implemented process improvement by creating Python, Shell, and Powershell scripts for automated application diagnostics and self-healing on Linux and Windows servers.
- Designed, coded, and implemented white box and black box testing of component web services using Python.
- Created standardized SQL queries to report impacts consistently during priority one incidents.
- Implemented log aggregation monitoring tools and service level performance monitoring for supported applications.
- Led team through DevOps transition by focusing on automation, metrics driven service level monitoring, and constant partnership with development and business teams.
- Documented application features, known issues, and work around for use with partner teams.
- Led root cause analysis discussions and tracked fixes through testing into production environments.
- Demonstrated ability to always remain calm and collected while dealing with priority one incidents and ability to provide executive management updates and timelines for resolution.
- Managed incident queues and assigned resources according to skill set and availability.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot applications built with multiple technologies including Java, C#, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, Autosys, Control M, IBM MQ, Active MQ, Apache Tomcat, and Websphere.
DevOps team lead
- Served as team lead for application re-hosts partnering with internal and external teams to drive projects successfully to completion.
- Created continuous integration application build jobs that compiled, tested, and deploy code in an automated fashion using Jenkins.
- Integrated application code builds with Confidential security scans to ensure code meets security standards before being deployed.
- Created framework for automated patching, application fail overs, and bouncing of services across supported distributed applications.
- Served as Confidential technical representative for check processing partnering ensuring that security, reliability, and timelines for Chase are met.
Application Deployment team member
- Drove improvement by seeing the need and creating automated deployment scripts using Bash and Windows Powershell.
- Set up and led retrospective meetings with application teams on how to reduce downtime during application releases.
- Proved the ability to manage time by supporting manual deployments while using available time to automate deployments.
- Created application knowledge bases to be decrease cross training time.
Applications Support Lead
- Led team of Application Support Analysts in a portfolio of over 90 application support queues operating on both Linux and Windows operating systems and transitioned team into DevOps model.
- Created Python scripts that identify and correct application issues to be used in parallel with automated real time alerting.
- Created standardized set of SQL queries for team to use for reporting impacts, track volume, and identify issues with transactions.
- On boarded applications to Splunk log aggregation tool and CA Wiley performance monitoring and defined alerting levels.
- Understood business processes and how applications meet those processes to be able to clearly define impacts and suggest improvements in transaction flow decisions to business representatives.
- Identified and led service level improvements within application portfolio based off incident metrics and risks in the environments and delivered consistent and concise status reports to executive leadership.
- Interfaced with business partners to ensure applications are meeting their needs and taking their feedback for areas of improvement to drive service level improvements.
- Interfaced with application development teams to understand product back log and release schedules to better support applications and help define technical priority.
- Created application documentation and standardized procedures for level 1 support team and led weekly training sessions.
- Lead on priority one incidents ensuring productive troubleshooting working with technical and business teams to rapidly understand current customer and financial impact, mitigate impact with successful recovery, as well as root cause resolution.
- Work in 24/7/365 support environment to ensure coverage.
- Lead root cause analysis calls after major incidents to ensure no recurrence.
- Confidential representative for check processing technology projects with other financial institutions providing direction and ensuring Chase requirements are met.
DevOps team member
- Created application deployment scripts that allowed for automated single click deployments to production environment that ensured application was always available during the deployment.
- On boarded team to Jenkins CI builds to allow for automated code builds, unit tests, and functional testing using Selenium and Cucumber after each code check in.
- Responsible for creating technical stories in Agile environment based on business requirements, production defects, and technical requirements.
- Worked with product owner in Agile environment to provide a sprint plan for the next 3 sprints ensuring that risk, security, and business demands are all met within the environment.
- Led three Agile application re-host projects ensuring no new defects are introduced working with a team of developers.
- Led effort to create production review calls with Level 1 and Level 2 team members to discuss and document production issues that occurred during the previous week and ensure cause, resolution, and validation steps are documented.
- Built and led offshore team ensuring proper engagement between teams and working as a voice for the offshore team during US hours.
- Led Confidential efforts in support of two external partner banks ensuring that Chase security, application, and business needs are met.
- Took it upon self to setup continuous integration by creating and leading team in making automated deployment scripts with Python and Shell scripting, using Jenkins for automated triggering of builds, and ensuring Junit and Cucumber tests are successful.
- Work with application support teams in a 24/7 support rotation to provide work around or patches for production incidents.
- Took it upon self to travel to offsite location to meet with supported business teams on a regular basis to ensure applications provide the best possible user experience.
Application Deployment team member
- Responsible for application deployments for a portfolio of applications.
- Quickly saw the need for deployment automation and demonstrated benefits to management showing I was able to take on 20% more application deployments in the same time frame with reduced issues.
- Led team of 2 interns to create Shell application deployment scripts that were reusable within the application portfolio.
- Within two years became offshore lead working with India counterpart to ensure 24/7 coverage for application deployments.
- Transitioned offshore team from contractors to employees and ensured team had correct technical skill level in accordance with Chase direction for contractor teams.
- Led retrospective meetings to discuss with application support teams, application development teams, and my team to ensure deployment issues are addressed and procedures put in place to ensure they do not recur.
- Took ownership of creating team on boarding documentation to ensure team members could begin deployments within 1 week of joining the team.
- Helped lead team through ISO-9001 certification process.