- 4+ years of IT experience in Analysis, Development, Implementation, Testing and Support of Data Warehousing and Data Integration Solutions using Informatica Power center and Ab Initio.
- Experience in developing and supporting the Ab Initio product suite using GDE, Co>Operating System and EME.
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and developing ETL processes.
- Experience in implementing dimensional modeling techniques.
- Experience in extracting data from multiple source systems, transform and load into target databases.
- Experience in designing and implementing data integration solutions for data warehouse and business intelligence systems.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environment, with proficiency in Unix shell scripting (Korn, Bourne, Awk, Sed, etc.)
- Experience in configuring and tuning ETL tools in data intensive, large scale environments.
- Excellent problem resolution and communication skills with ability to work under pressure in a highly visible role.
- Proven ability to work closely with others, to work through design challenges, and to solve problems.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in groups as a self - motivated and highly engaged contributor.
- Good understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Technology: Data Warehousing
Programming Languages: C, SQL, Core Java
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
Tools: Informatica, Ab Initio.
Databases: SQL and Oracle.
- Analyze business requirements, design, and write technical specifications to design or redesign ETL solutions
- Worked on developing of mappings and testing activities as per business requirements.
- Took up data load activities on regular basis whenever required.
- Acknowledging issues while data loads and fixing it within SLA time.
- Built a good relationship with project members.
- Provided weekends support for data loading on urgent requirements.
- Communicating directly with clients, business teams.
- Worked on PL/SQL coding for the initial 3 months.
- Having good experience as a SQL Developer
- Good experience in Database programming using SQL server 2012,2014 including Data Modelling, Stored procedures, views, performance tuning etc.
- Analysis of data discrepancies, identifying cause of issues and resolving them.
- Unit testing, System Integration testing and PROD support.
- Developed graphs using Ab Initio as per business requirements.
- Define and develop source-to-target data mapping specifications in Ab Initio.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tool - Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping & Mapplet Designer and Transformation Designer.
- Extracted data from source system to Staging Area and loaded the data to the target database by ETL process using Informatica Power Center.
- Evaluate all functional requirements and map documents and perform troubleshoot on all development processes.
- Coordinate with application team and develop all ETL processes.
- Performed Unit testing and maintained test logs and test cases for all the mappings.
- Maintained warehouse metadata, naming standards and warehouse standards for future application development.
- Lead and/or perform functional unit testing and data analysis efforts.
Junior Software Programmer
- Designed and developed the automated trading software for Back testing historical trading data in java platform.
- Worked in a team from scratching to the development of such trading software.
- Involved in the full life cycle of software design process of other projects, including prototyping, proof of concepts, design, interface implementation, testing and maintenance.