- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in Data Analysis, Design, Implementation, Administration and support of Business Intelligence using SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS.
- Skillful in ETL - Extraction Transformation Loading, Operations Data Store concepts, data marts and OLAP-Online Analytical Processing technologies.
- Proficient knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including star schemas, snowflakes schemas, ETL processes, dimensional modeling and reporting tools.
- Expert in creating and developing Power BI Dashboards in to rich look and configuring data gateways to have automatic refresh of the dataset.
- Highly experienced in designing SSIS packages to import and transform data between databases and external data sources using various transformations.
- Experience in configuration and maintain Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS, Deployed and Scheduled the Reports in Report Manager
- Experience in Ad-hoc reports, data driven subscription reports by using Report Builder.
- Experienced in all facets of Software Development Life Cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and maintenance) using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
Databases: SQL Server (2010/2014/2016 ), MS Excel, SharePoint
Database Tools: MS SQL Server (2010/2014/2016 ), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services(DTS), SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS)
Development skills: T-SQL, SSIS/SSRS, Power BI
ETL Tools: DTS, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
Reporting Packages: SQL Server Reporting Services, MS Excel.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Win 2003/2008/2008 R2
Confidential, New York
Power BI Developer
- Understand the business rules completely based on document specifications and implements the data transformation methodologies
- Involved in creating dynamic well-organized, accurate and insightful Power BI reports/dashboards to support strategic decisions.
- Collaborated with Business Analysts, SMEs and other BI developers across departments to identify existing report needs, new reporting requirements and translated them into deliverable solutions
- Designed SSIS packages to import and transform data between databases and external data sources using various transformations.
- Created calculated measures in tabular model using DAX Queries according to end user requests and reporting needs.
- Expertise in publishing Power Bi reports of dashboards in Power BI server and scheduling the dataset to refresh for live data in Power BI server
- Developed complex SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTEs), temporary table to support Power BI and SSRS reports.
- Migrated reports which are existing in old SharePoint folder to new SharePoint folder.
Environment: MS SQL Server, Power BI, SSIS, Visual Studio, Agile, Visio, SharePoint, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Actively participated in gathering Business Requirements that are focused on providing a user-friendly System usage or ambience
- Developed a comprehensive reporting environment utilizing data from multiple sources and creating analysis using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages (.DTSX files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases.
- Wrote efficient MDX queries to retrieve data from Tabular cube by eliminating MDX Sub Cubes SSRS Query designer generates for improved performance and better user experience
- Performed Index analysis for tables and came up with more efficient solutions to use Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes for significant performance boost using index tuning wizard.
- Created and maintained Users, Security Permissions and Migration of the database objects from one server to another server.
- Weekly presentation to the business users about the reports and their changes as required.
Environment: MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Excel, Windows XP, Power BI, MDX, Tabular Cube, TFS, MS Visio.
- Teamed with other BI developers to develop ETL pipelines to migrate large amount of data from multiple old databases to the new centralized database system.
- Worked with Business Analysts to identify ETL requirements for new management system and to translate business needs into technical specifications.
- Designed SSIS packages to perform data extraction from various sources, and conduct data cleansing, transformation, and data loading
- Developed automated ETL packages to routinely feed data into staging area and prepare the data before loading into data warehouse.
- Collaborated with report developers to build data mart solutions to ensure reporting efficiency and accuracy
- Proficient in fine tuning the performance of applications to avoid delays in data flow between systems
Environment: MS SQL server, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, Team Foundation Server, Windows server