- BI professional with over 9 years of experience in different fields of Information Technology specializing in delivering Business Intelligence solutions on MicroStrategy platform having extensive knowledge in areas like Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, Reporting, and Business Process flows with major focus around Business Intelligence.
- Dynamic team player, Self - driven, result-oriented with positive attitude, strong analytical, Leadership and interpersonal skills, willingness to learn new concepts and acceptance of challenges.
- Extensive working experience with MicroStrategy Suite (Intelligence Server, Administrator, Architect, Developer, Narrowcast Server, Distribution Services, Web, System Manager, Command Manager, Enterprise Manager, Report Services).
- Solid Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle, Agile including analysis, design and review of business and software requirement specifications, testing methodologies and techniques.
- Direct and lead Technical team from project initiation through delivery of final product. Also, managed project scope to ensure delivery was compliant to scope commitment.
- Expertise in working with Star, Snowflake dimensional models and working with logical and physical models.
- Good experience in acting as a bridge between Business users and Development team, thus delivering the needful reports to business in a decent time frame.
- System optimization, caching, performance monitoring, configuring and tuning experience in MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Tool Suite (Intelligence Server, Web).
- Facilitated sprint planning, daily scrums, retrospectives, stakeholder meetings, user trainings and software demonstrations.
- Worked on creating user account, Groups in AD and synchronized the User profiles and groups to application and added local groups to AD groups accordingly.
- Extensive experience performing Administration tasks like Intelligence Server Administration, Scheduling, Performance Monitoring, Creating New Users, Object Manager, User Manager, Project Manager, Integrity Manager, Command Manager and Enterprise Manager.
- Very proficient in Development and Implementation of Security Filters, Access Control Lists, Security Roles and maintaining report caches and Distribution services.
- Experience working with various Relational Databases like Oracle 12c/11g/10g, Teradata, DB2, SQL Server.
- Experience in Functional Testing and Tuning of the Microstrategy Reports manually against DB & also with Integrity manager within multiple environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a wide variety of users at various levels, foster cooperation and collaboration among individuals in the work unit, help team resolve conflicts constructively and willingness to communicate when help is needed.
OLAP Tools: MicroStrategy 10.x/9.x/8.x (Administrator, Architect, Intelligence Server, Developer, Desktop, Narrowcast, Distribution Services, Command Manager, System Manager, Enterprise Manager, Dynamic Dashboards, Report Services Documents).
Databases: Oracle12c/11g/10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.0, MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, MS Access, DB2 TeradataV2R4/R5/R6.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Java.
Sr. Microstrategy Consultant
- Interacted with Business Users on requirements gathering and estimation of efforts including analysis of existing system and analysis of data.
- Lead the development team from project initiation through final product delivery and Managed project scope to ensure the delivery was compliant to scope commitment by facilitating sprint planning, daily scrums, retrospectives, stakeholder meetings, and software demonstrations.
- Objects Migration between different environments using Object Manager and Writing and running the ACL scripts using Command Manager.
- Created Free form SQL Reports using SQL Queries and also generated Reports using MicroStrategy Objects like Attributes, Metrics, Filters, Custom Groups, and Consolidations.
- Utilized Industry knowledge to provide executive management, development and implementation of interactive business tools and strategic analysis vital for use in mission-critical decision-making.
- Heavily used Visual insights for ad-hoc dash boarding, creating quick data discovery visualizations and mock up dashboards.
- Worked with Trouble Shooting the SQL and then generated the Free Form SQL Report using the SQL.
- Built complete end to end application objects, reports, documents and Dashboards for a newly created BI application for Sales, Inventory, Editorial and Finance users.
- Trouble shouted all the reports by running queries against the warehouse using SQL Navigator. Also compared those queries with the MicroStrategy SQL engine generated queries.
- Created both Grid Reports as well as Graph Reports on MicroStrategy Desktop using Grids and Templets.
- Documented all the Attributes and Metrics all throughout the project to get an easy way to understanding the objects in the project.
- Worked with multiple projects and created Reports with both semantic and freeform SQL queries and compared the Reports to know the best way for fast output.
- Highly interacted with the Testing group to make them better understand various operational reports and Business Performance Measurements functionalities.
- Documented all the Releases in different environments so that it would be easy for the team to track the releases in various projects.
- Extensively used MicroStrategy administration tools including MicroStrategy Command Manager, MicroStrategy Object Manager, System Manger, Integrity Manager, MicroStrategy Enterprise Manager, and Job Monitor.
- Explored new features 10.7 along with New Visual Insight presentations and demos to Business users followed by exercises with the existing projects and real time scenarios.
- Worked with Business Users to analyze the business process and make necessary changes/create schema objects to cater their reporting needs.
- Developed various Prompts supporting end users to interactively choose different filtering criteria.
- Worked on Creating the Project, Duplicating the project, migrating the objects from one environment to another environment.
- Created Schema Objects and application objects. Built Intelligence Cubes for datasets which are used in the dashboard design.
- Created multiple dashboards for various clients which resemble their Google Analytics data.
- Worked on troubleshooting the Reports and optimizing the SQL using VLDB Properties and Database level tuning.
- Built reports on Microstrategy Enterprise manager to follow up the reports delivered, to collect user login activity and to disable the users who have not logged in since long time. Collect and analyze statistics on subscription usage and delivery success using out-of-the-box fully functioning BI application.
Environment: MicroStrategy 10.7(Administrator, Architect, Developer, Distribution Services, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager, System Manager, Integrity Manager, Command Manager), SQL Server, Oracle 12c, DB2, SQL Navigator, HTML & DHTML.
Confidential, Norwalk, CT
- Interacted with the users extensively to gather the requirements, and analyzed the needs of the end users.
- Extensively worked in developing Metrics and compound metrics, filters for complex reports.
- Identified Facts, Dimensions, and created relationships to develop a logical model.
- Created MicroStrategy public objects (Metrics, Filters, Prompts, Consolidations, and Custom Groups) and schema objects (Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies, Transformations, Templates) to generate ad-hoc reports using MicroStrategy Desktop and Report services.
- Identify and create Schema Objects like Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies and Transformations.
- Generated various Canned, Ad-hoc and Free-form SQL reports and Report Service Documents.
- Created Dashboards to present critical company data in a single report.
- Understanding already existing reports on other environments (Crystal Reports, SQL Reporting services) and moving them to MSTR suite with focus on BI.
- Designed report components, Templates and Filters to generate reports in grid and graph mode. Auto prompt filter to give end-user a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the report.
- Designed Drill maps using drill map editor as required in the reports for drill through functionality.
- Supported ETL team and Data Modeling team in debugging data issues and updating the same in database.
- Analyzing the data needs for the customized reports. Mapping the data requirements developing Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers.
- Scheduled reports and Report Services documents using MicroStrategy.
- Improved the report performance using VLDB Properties, Caching and created aggregate tables.
- Writing SQL procedures for processing business logic in the database.
- Used the Object Manager to move the objects from Development to Production Environment in MicroStrategy.
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: MicroStrategy Desktop 8.x(Desktop, Web, Architect), MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, Microstrategy Command manager, Microstrategy Object Manager, Informatica Power Center 8.1, Erwin 4.1, Sql Server, CSS, Java Application Server, Oracle 10g.
- Created tables and developed stored procedures and database triggers using PL/SQL.
- Monitor & tune SQL scripts.
- Used Sql joins predicate to identify the records for joining.
- Performance monitoring and tuning of SQL queries, Bug fixing and Patch implementation
- Involved in the technical documentation of project technical flow and defining the support process
- Extracted and Populated data using SQL Scripts.
- Developed daily load Programs and procedures to build aggregates.
- Attending priority meetings with the clients and understanding the upcoming business needs.
Environment: SQL* Plus, PL/SQL Oracle7.i, Windows, UNIX, and Windows NT 4.0