- 11 years of IT experience that involves in software products architecture, design, development, enhancement, test and production support activities through the complete software development life cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, estimation, analysis, packaging, deploying and end user product training
- 7 years of experience in Data warehouse, Data mart, OLAP applications and Business Intelligence tool MicroStrategy
- MBA professional with experience in development, implementation and integration of strategies, utilizing quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- As BI Consultant, involved in full life cycle (FLC) of the project from discovery phase to deployment.
- Expertise in gathering Business Requirements, GAP Analysis, Documentation.
- Expertise in using MicroStrategy V10/9/8.x products including MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server, MicroStrategy Desktop, MicroStrategy Web, MicroStrategy Administrator, MicroStrategy Intelligence Server and MicroStrategy Architect
- Proficient in creating MicroStrategy Projects and Schema objects such as logical tables, views, facts, hierarchies, transformations and relationships between various attributes and developed logical models for reporting environment.
- Extensively worked in creating and integrating MicroStrategy reports and objects (Attributes, Filters, Metrics, Facts, Prompts, Templates, Consolidation and Custom Groups) with the data warehouse.
- Extensive work experience with Ad hoc reporting and standard reporting environment.
- Created transformations (Table Based and Expression Based) for YTD (Year to date), MTD (Month to date) and WTD (Week to date) analysis.
- Expertise in Documents (with multiple datasets), Grids & Graphs and Dashboards / Scorecards in an Interactive and Flash Mode by using Selector, Sliders and Widgets to view personalized reports based on user requirements.
- Expertise in developing Reports by using Freeform SQL Queries and Logical Views in MicroStrategy Desktop
- Improved report performance using VLDB properties and Caching.
- Created Icubes with multiple data sets for long running queries and generate reports and documents.
- Created Users, Roles & Privileges using the MicroStrategy Desktop (Administrator).
- Expertise in the concepts of Data Warehousing, Data Marts, ER Modeling, Dimensional Modeling, Fact and Dimensional Tables.
- Experienced in leading project team from requirements gathering through deployment and support.
- Good understanding of Incident, Problem, Change, and Release Management practices
- Expertise in defining Subscriptions
- Proficient in using IBM Netezza, Oracle 11g/10g and SQL Server 2012/2008 Data warehouse systems.
- Experience in developing test cases and test plans for system testing and involved in unit testing, UAT, Pre Prod and Post Prod extensively.
- Experience working with teams and implementing projects using Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Extensive experience in onshore/offshore coordination and responsible for project deliverables
- Proficient in MS - Office tools. Received award for developing premium calculators using MS Excel.
- Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts and capable of working in-group as well as independently with excellent communication skills
Operating Systems: OS/390, Windows, Unix, Linux, MS-DOS
Business Intelligence: MicroStrategy V10/9/8.x (MicroStrategy Desktop, Web, Intelligence Server, OLAP Services, Report Services, Narrowcast Server, Command Manager, Administration)
Tableau Database: Oracle 10g and 11g, SQL Server, Netezza, Teradata, DB2, Access
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, Visual Basic, PL/SQL
ETL: Data Stage
Development Tools: TOAD, PL/SQL Developer, SQL Developer
Design Tools: MS Visio, MS Excel, PowerPoint
Scheduling tools: Autosys
Processes/Technologies: JIRA, HP Quality Center, Test Director, Confluence, SharePoint, Use cases, Data Modeling
Methodologies: Agile and Waterfall
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. MicroStrategy Developer/ Architect
- Interact with business analysts, business users and managers for gathering, analyzing, documenting business/functional requirements and data specifications.
- Involve in Design, Data modeling meetings and perform feasibility study if required.
- Interact with DBA and Data Modeler to build Dimensional Data Modeling (Star Schema and Snow-Flake Schema).
- Defined and created MicroStrategy objects including attributes, filters, metrics, hierarchies, templates, prompts and reports.
- Design and Development of Business Analysis Dynamic Dashboards, Scorecards according to design specifications.
- Conditional formatting on metric thresholds, limiting report data access using security filters
- Actively getting involved in critical areas of the project and providing MicroStrategy architecting solutions\ideas.
- Worked on Intelligent Cubes and dynamic sourcing.
- Created Hierarchical prompts, nested prompts, object prompts.
- Created customized Custom Groups with complex filters and Relationship filters.
- Created Ad-hoc reports with dynamic prompt answers for the end users to generate.
- Used the VLDB properties for performance tuning and SQL optimization.
- Used to run weekly and monthly reports in MicroStrategy and deliver them to the users.
- Extensively worked on Advanced Prompts, Metrics, Derived metrics, Compound metrics Conditional Transformation Metrics and Level Metrics to create complex reports.
- Created documents with Grids, Graphs and bursting option to produce various reports out of single document.
- Created Transformations like YTD (year to date), MTD (month to date), and WTD (week to date) analysis.
- Used Pass through functions such as Apply Simple, Apply Comparison and ApplyAgg.
- Involve in Business requirement gathering & actively participate in review meetings.
- Perform scope verification by obtaining stakeholder’s formal acceptance\sign-off on completed deliverables.
- Ensure the team follows the change control process when there is any request to change the agreed scope.
- Identify & assign roles, responsibilities and reporting relationships for the team.
- Advice on training needs to resources based on the project needs.
- Training and familiarizing users with different reports.
- As an onshore Team player, responsible for all release management activities which involves but not limited to Prepare, publish Release plan, Log tickets and obtain appropriate approvals before deployment from the Change Advisory Board, Track and control various release activities to ensure smooth & timely deployment of the project codes to the production system.
- Responsible for performing and advising on the MicroStrategy object moves across various Dev, Test, Stage, Prod environments using MicroStrategy Object Manager there by following the Application Lifecycle Management.
- Involve in post-production validations and support.
- Strict adherence to all Quality standards And Proactive in corporation of lessons learnt from previous project\implementation to avoid defects.
- Performs internal quality audits & ensure all artifacts are hosted in SharePoint.
- Involved in Administrative tasks like creating users, assigning privileges, caching, scheduling reports and report optimization
- Worked on implantation / upgrade of MicroStrategy from version 9 to version 10
Environment: MicroStrategy 9x and 10x, Tableau, Netezza, TOAD, SQL Server, JIRA, Access, Autosys.
Confidential, Chesterbrook, PA
- Working on gathering requirements, participating in discussions, finalizing requirements, planning projects including resources, designing documents, make sure reports are delivered on time.
- Reviewing and working on Inventory Compliance Management (Fee for Service) Reporting for various Suppliers.
- Working on delivering various projects for Supply Chain Management group.
- Working with data modelers on implementing the data model.
- Working on creating and maintaining Intelligent Cubes.
- Creating Schema Objects like Attributes, Facts, and Hierarchies.
- Working on various complex Level Metrics and filters which were unique by Supplier.
- Working on creating logical views and transformations to create rolling metrics (going back in time by 12 weeks, 15 weeks, etc...)
- Delivering high quality Dashboards, Grids and Graphs.
- Working on project duplications, object migrations, user management, and creation of security roles, user groups and users.
- Production Support / Troubleshooting issues on a day to day base.
- Creating Drill Maps and Metric links for customized drilling on the reports.
Environment: Microstrategy 9.4.1, Oracle 11g
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Worked with end users, business analysts, technical staff, and project team members to plan, design, develop, implement, and enhance business analytics capabilities using MicroStrategy.
- Participated in requirements gathering, met with business users to understand their requirements.
- Participated in data model design review meetings for the enterprise data warehouse.
- Worked with ETL team on implementing data warehouse architectures, techniques and methodologies including Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas, Slowly Changing Dimensions, and Aggregation techniques.
- Designed, modeled, created and deployed Micro-Strategy projects and schema objects including: attributes, dimensions, hierarchies, metrics and transformations.
- Designed and created reports, dashboards and free form queries to provide data access to business users through MicroStrategy.
- Hands-on development of dynamic dashboards, grids, graphs, scorecards, and statistical reporting utilizing MicroStrategy Release 9+ version software
- Created and enhanced report objects, metrics, filters, and prompts.
- As a Developer, worked on development of over 10 of their 15 Microstrategy projects starting from requirements gathering to deployment of reports.
- Used SQL extensively to troubleshoot / research data while testing the reports after development.
- Worked extensively on fixing performance issues of reports.
- Worked on creation and maintenance of Intelligent Cubes.
- Created Metadata for a prototype project and worked on Collections project including creation Schema and public objects.
- Created Standards and Procedures Documents / Best Practices documents, Design Documents, Components Documents, and Migration Documents for the very first time in Barclays which are now being used by every Microstrategy role.
- Worked on implantation / upgrade of Microstrategy from version 8 to version 9.
Environment: Microstrategy 9.2.2, Oracle 10g R2, Microstrategy Web Universal, Microstrategy Narrowcast Server, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager, Integrity Manager
Sr BI Consultant
- Interact with Project Manager, Users for requirement gathering.
- Documented the User requirements
- Created the Logical Data Models
- Worked with the DBA to do the Physical Design
- Worked in Data Model tuning for best performance possible.
- Created Schema Objects like Attributes, Facts, and Hierarchies.
- Created Application Objects like Metrics, Filters, Prompts, etc...
- Modified few table structures and updated the same in the Microstrategy Project.
- Involved in creation of Microstrategy objects that includes Simple, Conditional, Transformational, Dimensional, Compound Metrics, Embedded, Dynamic, Relationship Filters, Filter Prompts and Object Prompts, Templates, and Reports.
- Created Auto prompt filters which gave user a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the filter.
- Created multiple reports on Stock movement and Affinity purchases using Relationship Filters.
- Created advanced reports in grid, graph, and SQL mode, consisting of data analysis by combining a template with filters. The end-users were able to generate ad-hoc report by drilling up, down, within and across dimension or anywhere.
- Created Customized Drill Map and Hierarchy Drill Map.
- Involved in creating users in Microstrategy Desktop for testing the reports on Web...
- Responsible for configuring Microstrategy Intelligence server (Iserver).
- Installed Microstrategy 7.2 software including Configuring Metadata and Statistic Databases.
- Deployment of the User interface to the data warehouse
- Involved in system testing of all reports. This includes in writing backend queries against the Warehouse for testing the report data with the actual data in the database, checking the query generated by Microstrategy query engine for the report.
- Created Time Triggered and Event Triggered Schedules
- Used Object Manager for moving Development Metadata and Warehouse to Production Metadata and Warehouse.
- Involved in Training the Business Users.
- Initially got involved in Oracle Forms Development for their in-house project.
Environment: Microstrategy 9.0.1, Teradata.
- Developed a MicroStrategy project that accesses item, store and sales rep information and generates reports for the Sales operations department.
- Gathered requirements and developed an extensive collection of interactive dashboards using MicroStrategy Report Services for distribution to executives, VPs and field sales teams.
- Created a complete replacement for the existing Excel based reporting and distribution system using MicroStrategy Office.
- Developed schema objects (facts, attributes, hierarchies, transformations) using MicroStrategy Architect.
- Extensively used filters, templates, consolidations, transformations and custom groups to generate reports for business analysis using MicroStrategy 8i.
- Developed metrics, derived metrics, compound metrics and level metrics for complex reports.
- Used transformations for rolling time period reporting and trending of prescription counts. Created advanced filters, advanced prompts, advanced report designs and drill maps.
- Used SQL Developer extensively to test and debug MicroStrategy reports as a key step in data validation.
- Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy Prompts, Filters, Templates, Consolidations, and Custom groups in an enterprise data warehouse team environment.
- Designed and Developed Reports and Templates (Standard and Ad Hoc) using complex Filters and compound Metrics and Prompts.
- Design, Development, testing and implementation of projects in Microstrategy
- Used pass-through database authentication to link Microstrategy user to database users.
- Involved in Customer Support and Maintenance & Performance Tuning of reports
Environment: MicroStrategy 8.0.3 (Desktop, Architect, Report Services Document, Web, Narrowcast Server), DB2, Windows
- Analysis online insurance application. This included design of new systems, Adaptations for existing applications.
- Gather requirements from the Client and document the requirements.
- Prepare Process models and class models which include Dynamic & Static modeling.
- Prepare the prototype/model application for easy understanding of the requirements to both development and QA teams
- Prepare and Present (to clients and team of developers) the detailed designs for the modifications.
- Plan Strategically, Estimate and Schedule development activities based on the detailed designs, Track and Review development activities performed by a team of developers.
- Transfer knowledge to the development team about the requirements.
- Review the functional designs.
- Conduct sound board meetings to appraise other application teams.
- Responsible for creating Change Requests (CR) raised during UAT and follow up the development and implementation of CR’s
- Performed functional testing of core/critical components (using data manipulation as per business requirements in Syst environment).
- Coordinate and support, functional, integrated and release testing of the modified code to ensure quality.
- Consolidate Components and Prepare implementation plan.
- Prepared Templates for Change requests and Business requirement Specifications.
- Implement and provide post implementation support in co-ordination with support personnel.
- Used QC for designing and development of system test cases and manual test scripts.
Environment: Java, Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, EA, QC, SQL Developer/Toad
- Performed various types of testing, such as functional, regression, user acceptance, negative and installation testing
- Managed all phases of testing for assigned components ensuring test plans and test cases are completed and met business requirements
- Worked with development teams investigating and correcting software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results
- Record and document test result
- Verified business requirements and functional specifications
- Performed functional decomposition. Design test scenarios for different products and functionalities based on system requirements
- Conducted variance management by analyzing and verifying test results, providing status and progress reports, using Test Director
- Coordinated with Business heads and business users for new functionalities requested
Environment: QC, Test Director