- Highly skilled Business Intelligence Consultant with around 8 years of work experience in using MicroStrategy product suits that includes MicroStrategy Desktop/Developer, Web, Architect, Administrator, Object Manager, Intelligent Server, Command Manager etc.
- Experienced in creation of scorecards, nested panels, various Widgets and Selectors for better visualization.
- Proficient in designing methodologies like Snowflake schema, Star schema, galaxy schema, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical modeling.
- Expertise in dashboard building using dynamic dashboards, visual insights, intelligent cubes, flash, express, and pdf modes.
- Expertise in developing Schema objects and Application objects such as Facts, Attributes, Transformations, Hierarchies, Filters, Metrics, Prompts, Reports, Drill Maps, Custom Groups and database instances.
- Create interactive visual insight dashboards and customized them to explore the business data.
- Presented sample dashboards to business users and modified them as per the user needs.
- Expert in Dashboard building using Dynamic Dashboards, Intelligence Cubes, Flash, Express and PDF modes, share point Integration, MicroStrategy Web parts, iFrame, iPad version etc.
- Provided Solution, developed and deployed MicroStrategy Dashboards on iPad/Mobile devices.
- Good knowledge in using VLDB properties for performance tuning over reports.
- Strong experience in designing, building and deploying MicroStrategy reports and dashboards using different databases.
- Involved in modifying the existing graphic reports, scorecards, dashboards and other object as per user requirements.
- Well versed with Data Warehousing concepts, Data Marts, ER Modeling and good knowledge in ETL process.
- Strong understanding of MSTR deployment architecture Agile SDLC.
- Involved in the stages of designing, building, release and deployment.
- Application knowledge of industries like Retail, Banking, Pharmaceutical and Financial Services.
- Worked closely with DBA and other cross - functional teams to resolve errors.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communicational, interpersonal & analytical skills.
- Quick learner, ability to work in groups or alone, ability to work on tight schedules.
BI Tools: MicroStrategy (Developer/Desktop, Web, Architect, Intelligence Server, Narrowcast Server, Object Manager, command Manager), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, TIBCO Spotfire
Relational, NonRelational Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, MongoDB, Neo4j, Apache HBase
ETL Tools & Modelling: Microsoft Visio, SQL Server Integration Service
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Transact SQL, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, c#, TypeScript
Operating System & Web Server: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, Ubuntu, Goobuntu, Apache Tomcat, Internet Information Services
Data warehouse Schemata: Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Galaxy Schema
Other Tools: Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, VMware, WinSCP, PuTTY, Visual Studio Code, Visual Studio, Microsoft Office
Confidential, Plano, Texas
- Involved in gathering business requirements from users by understanding OLTP database and interacting with business users.
- Involved in designing a conceptual model based on gathered information and made quick sample dashboards to show the business users.
- Generated and implemented schema objects, application objects, and configuration objects as per the project requirements.
- Created customized reports like my sales, my ops, my haulback and dashboards which are deployed to MicroStrategy Web.
- Created visual insight dashboards for users to provide quick visualization over business data that helps them in making business decisions.
- Created dashboards like myScores and myPromos that show the summary of deliveries, sale plan, sold and refused inventories etc.
- Created cubes that assist in quick analysis to be used by the Demand and Deployment team which lessens stack on database level and reporting level.
- Consumed conditional, level, and transformation metrics for complex reporting.
- Created and consumed transformations for YTD, MTD, WTD, MOM, LYTD, LMTD etc.
- Worked on MSTR DPSG Custom Mobile Apps. Created Datasets, Dashboards for the Mobile apps. Also, worked on Mobile and Web versions of the same dashboards due to rendering issues.
- Published OLAP Reports and Dashboards using Global Objects.
- Used Info views/Information windows on the dashboard panel stacks.
- Based on the volume of the underlying SAP BW Cube, built regular reports and converted to Intelligent Cube for better performance.
- Modified high functionality dashboards and interacted with end users to finalize the dashboard layouts and formatting.
- Closely worked with ETL team for maintaining the consistency of the data.
- Tested all the reports by running queries against the warehouse and tuned the SQL queries for better performance and used views to restrict access.
- Supported business users with technical requirements and issues with the tool.
- Interacted with data modeling team for the Logical and Physical model designs.
Environment: MicroStrategy 10.x/9.x (Architect, Developer, Web, Administrator, Object Manager, Intelligent Server, Command Manager), Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012, Oracle 10g, SAP BW, Microsoft Access, Teradata, Windows 7, SharePoint 2010, Internet Information Services
Confidential, Plano, Texas
- Assisted in gathering requirements from business clients and analyzed it to do the business data modeling.
- Created MicroStrategy Schema Objects, Configuration Objects and Application Objects using MicroStrategy Architect and Desktop/Developer which help in analyzing the lift of product, its sales, average quantity per sale order, etc.
- Extensively created and used custom groups that help grouping the attribute elements. Present 8 week are compared to the previous 8 week by grouping them into one and consolidations.
- Implemented drill up/down/across functionality over attributes in reports to view data in different levels like region, type of product, its rating etc.
- Created complex reports like event geo drill down, event week last four weeks and next four weeks, event last four weeks etc.
- Created and utilized transformation like WTD, MTD, QTD, YTD etc.
- Created prompts on the reports to filter the data sets that fits end user needs.
- Created dashboards using various selectors and widgets like MicroCharts, Bubble grids and Fish Eye selectors etc. that provide ease of access and better understanding the summary.
- Modified existing ad-hoc reports and Dashboards using MicroStrategy Web and Developer.
- Created metric level filters and report level filters to screen the data based on input parameters which in return optimizes the reports.
- Created store procedures and complex T-SQL queries for optimization.
- Created logical views in MicroStrategy for complex report creation situations.
Environment: MicroStrategy 10.x/9x (Architect, Developer, Web, Administrator, Object Manager, Intelligent Server), Windows 7 Pro, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, TIBCO Spotfire, T-SQL, Microsoft Visio
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Assisted in gathering requirements from the business clients and get a blue print of what is needed.
- Involved in the work of MicroStrategy administration tasks that included user creation, roles, privileges, shared folders, access controls list.
- Developed basic and user-specified Metrics (level, conditional, compound).
- Created Consolidations and Custom Groups for categorizing medicines based on what action and reactions It has on the specific ailments.
- Used MicroStrategy functions such as Apply Simple and Apply Comparison in metric calculations.
- Created sales reports of each drug grouped by its category like depressant, narcotics, stimulants etc. Created other reports like inventory by region.
- Implemented filters (relationship, comparison) on complex reports to filter the dataset usage.
- Created custom drill maps based on user’s requirements to flexibility to reports. This helps user to view data at different level such as production by locality and branch, existing inventory by region etc.
- Created dashboards using widgets like MicroCharts, Fish Eye which show the summarized structure of sales by region along with profits, category of drugs and marketers by region and branches.
- Created dashboards to visualize the structure of success rate of individual drug by region, its effects and other usage statistics.
- Created database instances for MicroStrategy and added all the desired tables, table prefixes and updated the table structures whenever needed for report building.
- Created Intelligent Cubes and performed sharing to reduce the database load and decreasing the report execution time by using the cube services.
- Involved in testing of the entire project for stability and functionality in the case where Teradata database upgraded from V2.5 to V2.6.
- Created custom attribute functionalities using OLAP, MOLAP services.
- Set Up MicroStrategy and Windows Performance Counters and Log them to Text or CSV for Performance Tracking.
- Configured Very Large Database (VLDB) Properties like joins to enhance the queries which in turn improves the report performance.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.x(Architect, Administrator, Intelligent Server, Object Manager, OLAP/MOLAP Services, MicroStrategy Desktop/Developer, Web), Oracle 10g, Teradata V2R5/V2R6, Windows 7 Pro, Erwin, MapReduce, Apache HBase
- Interacted with users to analyze end user needs and gathered requirements for business.
- Created logical models to build schema, public objects and relationships necessary to build projects.
- Created and consumed level metrics and prompts.
- Created metrics such as amount due, repayment capacity, EMI, principal monthly interest, market value etc.
- Implemented drill up, drill down, across on attributes in the reports to view data on different level.
- Created reports like loan summary, loan status, customer report with filter, type of customer etc.
- Involved in designing ad-hoc reports, dashboards, and graphic reports to analyze lift in all the products and their market success.
- Created and applied Transformations on comparative reports of different products for different quarters, years.
- Personalized the reports as per type of user like home user or business users.
- Created dashboards that show lift of the product by quarter, compare them to the previous quarters and view the status of loans along with approval percentage and rejection percentage.
- Implementation of dashboard functionalities by consuming widgets and selectors to create multi-panel dashboards to make end users visualize the data.
- Modified the existing reports like loan summary report for last quarter and dashboards based on the business requirements.
- Optimized SQL performance of built reports using Very Large Database properties like join type, query optimization etc.
Environment: MicroStrategy 8.x/9.x (Architect, Desktop, Web, Administrator, Object Manager, Intelligent Server), Oracle 10g, Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2008 R2, Erwin, Windows 7
- Exposed to with more than 10 country specific databases with its own country specific-policies, restrictions, and priorities.
- Consumed TIGER data, street view, areal imagery, and other data sources to resolve errors in different stages of the auto-checks project on time and with great productivity and quality assured work.
- Created and maintained process updates, team schedules, error lists and fix lists.
- Interacted with the development team and troubleshoot team for quick solutions for known and unknown errors.
- Consumed and modified path finder to improve the travel path results.
- Created and consumed schema objects and public objects.
- Created reports using advanced queries to compare the efficiency statistics of individual users for the present quarter and to compare them with previous quarter.
- Created reports to compare productivity of team by quarter along with send back ratio by user, send back ratio by type of issue and by country database.
- Used ArcGIS for analyzing mapped locations and sharing of geographic information with business users and other teams.
- Consumed weekly and monthly ad-hoc reports created using Schema Objects and Public Objects to find the severity of auto-check and quality of labelers.
- Created and applied level metrics, prompts, and time-based transformation on various reports.
- Enhancing the existing reports by using apply function on the metrics to reduce the number of passes.
- Used report level filers to optimize the reports with respect to the stage type and location, severity of auto-check.
- Implementation of dashboard functionalities by consuming Confidential Maps widgets and selectors to create multi-panel dashboards.
- Created hyperlinks on metrics in Visual Insight Dashboards which redirect to other documents that contain detailed information on issues and dashboards.
- Used GIS connector plugin provided by MicroStrategy to integrate Confidential Maps so that data can be viewed on Maps.
- Modified the existing bucket list reports based on issues resolved by users weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- Trained and mentored two new teams on the different stages of mapping.
- Initiated and participated in team building activities, performed best in process knowledge tests held frequently.
- Achieved "Star trainee" award for best performance during the training period.
Environment: MicroStrategy 8.x (Architect, Desktop/ Developer, Web, Intelligence Server), Confidential Bigtable, Apache HBase, Goobuntu, Windows 7, Geographic Information System, Confidential Atlas tool, Internet Information Services.
SQL Developer and DB Administration
- Interacted with business users and BI team to get their requirements.
- Involved in data modeling and designing of relational database.
- Involved in creation of data flow and control flow diagrams as per the requirements.
- Created database objects such as inventory and sales tables, stored procedures and views.
- Created custom functions like get inventory status from suppliers etc.
- Created virtual tables using views when complex queries are involved and to build security.
- Created complex queries to help create reports such as Sales and profitability, shipping analysis, category and sales report, regional performance etc.
- Query optimization and tuning on the existing monthly, quarterly and yearly reports to enhance their performance and reusability.
- Involved in planning and designing the database and its logical structure as per the business requirements as it affects the system performance.
- Involved in user creation, granting of roles, privileges and hence securing the databases.
- Involved in evaluating the hardware needed by the server.
- Involved in backup and recovery of SQL Server database.
- Involved in installation of SQL Server, configuring it and updating the database regularly with patches.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Microsoft Office 2007, Internet Information Services, Windows XP/7, T-SQL, Microsoft Visio