- 8+ years of strong experience in the IT industry as SQL Server/BI Developer for very large and complexdatabases in SQL Server on 32 bit and 64 bit environments.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Business Intelligence technologieslike SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries involving multiple table inner and outer joins.
- Experience in creating Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, User defined Function and Other T - SQLstatements for various applications.
- In-depth knowledge of T-SQL DDL/DML, perform most of the SQL Server Management Studio functionalityusing T-SQL Scripts and Batches.
- Experience in Data Migrating /data integration from OLTP to OLAP systems, data validation and cleaning,data mapping using SSIS.
- Expert in Data Extraction, transforming and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS),Data Transformation Services (DTS), Bulk Copy (BCP).
- Developed ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, EDI files, Excel source files,XML files etc.) and loaded the data into target tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Expertise in creating Break Points, Check Points, and use Error Handlers in SSIS and automating the ETLprocess.
- Hands on experience with performing various SSIS data transformations& data flowtasks like Look-ups, Merge, Merge Join, Sort, Derived Column, Union-All, Conditional Splits and Event Handlers, Sequence / For Each Loop containers, control Flow Task, Execute SQL Task, Script Task, Send Mail Task, File System Task etc.
- Exceptional at generating analytic reports with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in SQL Server … on SQL Server Data Tools and BIDS.
- Experience in creating Tabular, Parameterized reports, Matrix, Sub-Reports, Drill down and Drill throughreports.
- Worked on Data Warehouse Modeling, creation and deployment of dimensions, partitions, aggregation andcubes with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building & testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS and in adding calculationsusing Multidimensional Expression (MDX).
- Knowledge on Data warehousing Concepts like Star Schema, Snow Flake Schema, Dimensions and Facttables.
- Active involvement in all the phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like RequirementAnalysis, Design, Development, Unit Testing and Maintenance using RDBMS, with waterfall and agile scrum methodologies.
- Good team player with excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and inter personal skills.
- Ability to adapt to new concepts and supported 24/7 on call in production and development environment.Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Database Tools: Microsoft Sql Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Sql Server Data Tools (SSDT), Sql Query Analyzer, Database Tuning Advisor, Sql Server Profiler, Redgate.
ETL Tools: Database Transformation Services (DTS), Sql Server Integration Services (SSIS), Import Export Wizard, Bulk Insert
Data Modeling Tools: ERWIN, MS Visio
Reporting Tools: Sql Server Reporting tools, Power BI, MS Access, MS Excel
Languages: T-Sql, C#, VB.Net, HTML, PowerShell, PL-Sql
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
MSBI / Power BI Developer
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Actively participated and interacted with users, team lead, DBAs and technical manager to fully understandthe requirements of the system.
- Developed Logical and physical data model using ERWIN and mapped the data into database objects.* Extensively used Joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases and optimized the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Integrated custom visuals based on business requirements using Power BI desktop.
- Provided continued maintenance and development of bugs fixes for the existing and new Power BI reports.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, which were used for Data Scrubbing,data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Datawarehouse.
- Installed and configured Enterprise gateway and Personal gateway in Power bi service.
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in power bi service.
- Involved in data mart and wrote MDX/DAX queries to access data from OLAP cubes
- Involved in various stages including: Development, System Analysis & Design, Testing and Documentation.
- Actively involved in developing Complex SSRS Reports involving Sub Reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports,Charts and Graphs
- Extract data from SharePoint document library and load into Azure SQL server.
- Created SSIS packages to load data into Data Warehouse using Various SSIS Tasks like Execute Sql Task,bulk insert task, data flow task, file system task, send mail task, active script task, xml task.
- Developed scripts to automate the daily and routine tasks.
- Designed and developed matrix and tabular reports with drill down, drill through and drop down menu optionusing SSRS and Created Summary Reports, Sub Reports for data visualization.
- Scheduled reports for daily, weekly, monthly reports for executives, Business analyst and customerrepresentative for various categories and regions based on business needs using SQL Server Reporting services (SSRS).
- Designed and architected of OLAP cubes to support business reporting and forecasting processes.* Regular responsibilities for updating staging and dimensional databases as well as rebuild the Dimensions and cubes in Analysis Services and finally to Reporting service.
Environment: Power BI, MS SQL Server 2014, SSDT, C#, SSIS, Visual studio 2013, SSRS, DTS, T-SQL, Azure, Power BI
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Created complex SQL stored procedures and developed reports using Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- Designed SSIS (ETL) Packages to extract data from various heterogeneous data sources such as Accessdatabase, Excel spreadsheet and flat files into SQL Server.
- Created the packages in SSIS (ETL) with the help of Control Flow Containers, Tasks and Data FlowTransformations.
- Created SSIS packages to Oracle and other SQL Server instances in SSIS.
- Performed the task of data transfer from files in remote server to folders in another server using FTP.
- Created several SSIS packages for performing ETL operations to transform data from a cube using MDX.
- Generated reports from the cubes by connecting to Analysis server from SSRS.
- Developed the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to transform data, as well as Createdinterface stored procedures used in SSIS to load/transform data to the database.
- Worked on T-SQL programming, stored procedures, user-defined functions, cursors, views setup andmanagement of linked servers to Non-SQL Server databases.
- Experience in creating snapshots of static reports and configure subscription.
- Involved in the SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data MiningModels, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Tuning package components like Script Task, Data Flow task, Data Conversion, Multicast, Sort, andConditional split, Script Component, Configuration file, etc.
- Pulling the data from T-SQL stored procedure to make the parameterized reports.
- Developed complex stored procedure using T-SQL to generate Ad hoc reports using SSRS.
- Scheduled the Reports to run on daily and weekly basis in Report Manager and also email them to directorand analysts to review in Excel Sheet.
- Build database queries and test cases for the testing team to test the reports.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, Business Intelligence Studio (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), OLAP, T-SQL, MS SQL, Erwin, MDX, Oracle 10g, XML, MS Excel.
Confidential, White Plains, NY
- Installed and configured SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and provided administration, maintenanceof the Reporting Server and deployed Reports using Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS). * Wrote Parameterized Queries for generating tabular reports, formatting report layout, sub reports, expressions, functions, sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS. * Worked extensively on creating SSRS canned and ad-hoc reports (Model based) using Business Intelligence Development Tools, Report Builder 2.0.
- Generated Drill down and Drill through reports with Drop down option, sorting the data and defining subtotalsin SSRS.
- Degenerated Dimensions and Tabular Data Modeling for Moderate to Large Data Systems.
- Worked with SharePoint to publish and share reports for various clients.
- Administered the reports and assigned permissions to the valid users for executing the reports.
- Regularly monitored Time/Data driven Subscription based SSRS reports (Daily, Monthly and Weekly).* Developed the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packagesas well as created stored procedures used in SSIS to load/transform data to the database.
- Personalized the dashboards to reflect user-specific alerts and metrics to track Key Performance Indicators(KPI).
- Involved in OLAP cube modeling, including MDX/DAX scripting, aggregations, partitions, dynamic dimensionand cell security.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse andData Mart Databases.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column etc., which did Data Scrubbing, includingdata validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data Warehouse.
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the Data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of thetransformations while loading the data.
- Worked as a developer in creating complex T-SQL, stored procedures, cursors, tables, and views and otherSQL joins and statements for applications.
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore by using SQL Server 2008 tools like SQL ServerManagement Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor. * Used indexes to enhance the performance of individual queries and enhance the stored procedures reading the Execution Plan.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, MS Windows Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008, VB.NET, T-SQL, Report Builder 2.0, SQL Server Integration Services
- Involved in Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from different sources into various BusinessEntities using SSIS.
- Extensively worked on various SSIS Tasks like Execute SQL Task, data flow task, file system tasks andTransformations like Derived Columns, Condition Split, Lookup, Merge Join etc. to generate underlying data for the reports and developed processes to identify the data errors and provided suggestions to resolve the data issues.
- Implemented Dynamic Configurations mostly using XML files and SQL Server to deploy the packages intodifferent environments.
- Scheduled and maintained nightly and Monthly loads of data by creating the corresponding job task by usingScheduled Jobs to automate various processes.
- Created Alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of Scheduled Jobs.
- Involved in creating and designing Tables, Views, Stored-procedures in supporting the businessrequirements.
- Extensively used Joins, Sub-queries and temporary tables for complex queries involving multiple tables fromdifferent databases.
- Created Indexes on selective columns to speed up queries and analyses in SQL Server Management Studio.* Robust MS Access and Excel skills with Power Pivot, PivotTable, Pivot Chart, Power View, Lookup functions and formulas.
- Optimized the SQL Queries using tools such as Profiler Trace, Execution Plan, SQL Trace, Database EngineTuning Wizards etc. for efficiency and better performance.
- Actively participated in interaction with users, team lead, DBAs and technical manager to fully understandthe requirements of the system.
- Helped EDW team with SSRS deployments and related cosmetic changes, at very short periods of notice.* Generating formatted SQL Server Reports by creating different kinds of reports like Parameterized, Tabular, Matrix, Drill down and Drill through reports using SSRS 2008 and Report Builder.
- Working with production support team to provide quick fixes and converting frequently used productionsupport scripts into stored procedures.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, MS Windows Server 2008, Visual Studio, ASP.NET, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services, Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008.