Accomplished and resourceful professional with 25+ years of experience in Oracle database engineering, administration, design, and development; three years in Big Data technology.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
- Highly proficient in database clustering
- Oracle SPARC SuperCluster T4 - 4 and Exadata Database Machine
- Oracle Real Application Cluster (12c, 11g, 10g, 9i)
- Hadoop Clusters (Cloudera Distribution for Hadoop ( Confidential ) 4.x, 5.x)
- Extensive experience in database installation, upgrade, and migration
- Oracle database upgrade and patching with near zero downtime
- Data center relocation and technology refresh of database server
- Expert at troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Investigation of system resource contention
- Diagnostics of I/O and network bottlenecks
- Proactive database configuration and optimization to eliminate performance risk
- Technical excellence in high availability solutions
- Oracle Data Guard, backup and disaster recovery
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Responsible for upgrading and patching 12c RAC databases on Oracle engineered systems (Supercluster and Exadata). Implemented a rolling upgrade approach using (transient) logical standby to achieve near zero downtime for 12.2 RAC upgrade.
- Manage databases in production, QA, and development environments. The case management database is over 20 terabytes.
Confidential, McLean/Vienna, VA
- Responsible for a big data analytics project including hardware/software selection, implementation of three 13-node Hadoop clusters.
- Provided engineering support to data scientists including Hive, Impala, Ozzie, Sqoop, Spark, and Hue.
- Implemented Hadoop Security using Cloudera Manager.
- Installed and upgraded Cloudera Manager and Confidential .
- Led a technology-refresh project that upgraded all environments to Oracle 12c, Linux 6, newer Dell bare metal machines, and jumbo frames on network interface 10GbE.
- Developed silent install scripts and step-by-step instructions for database administrators to install, configure, patch, and upgrade Oracle RAC database to 12c.
- Integrated high availability best practices into every aspect of system architecture to avoid single point of failure including fully redundant network switches and bonding network interfaces.
- Relocated all Oracle database servers to a new data center using Oracle Data Guard and NetApp SnapMirror to minimize the down time.
- Measured and established a network performance baseline including TCP and UDP for Oracle RAC interconnect and storage network.
- Responsible for migrating all Oracle databases from Sun SPARC to Linux using Transportable Tablespaces.
- Conducted research and development of running Oracle RAC in virtualization including Citrix Xen, Oracle VM VirtualBox, and VMware. Also evaluated shared storage options when installing Oracle RAC, including NFS, iSCSI/ASM, and OCFS2.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Senior member of the Confidential DBA team administering Oracle Production and Test databases configured with RAC on Sun E15K and EMC SAN for Confidential and Transportation Security Administration ( Confidential ).
- Deployed Oracle 11i CRM, Portal, HTML DB, and J2EE applications on Oracle 10g AS.
- Achieved data import from the staging server to Production without disrupting the application workload using Oracle transportable tablespace, during a major migration of Oracle 11i CRM from 11.5.8 to 11.5.10.Created a Logical Standby database for reporting of Confidential Online Training Center (OLC) application to reduce the primary database workload.
- Seamlessly migrated 30 airports’ staff scheduling data into Confidential ’s central hosting database.
Oracle DBA Instructor
Confidential, Woodbridge, VA
- Taught database administration classes in Oracle Professional Certificates Program for 8 years.
- Delivered lectures and provided hands-on lab exercises, enabling students to pass Confidential exams.