18 years of experience in planning, designing, developing and implementing information technology solutions to foster corporate revenue and growth. Designed and implemented various DW/BI solutions, Cloud Solution in MS Azure and SQL Azure Databases. Lead end to end technical IT projects, mentored peers, provided architectural and design guidelines, data modeling, analytical design. Hands on experience leading all phases of software development lifecycle and solutions. MS in Information Technology.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Business Solutions Project Management Disaster Recovery
- Data Warehousing Business Intelligence Enterprise Architecture
- Configuration Management Master Data Management Regulatory adherence
Tools: SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, Power BI, Cognos 8/10, Business Objects XI/IV, Actuate, Crystal Reports, QlikView, Maestro 3.1/3.5, SnowFlake, ErWin, TOGAF
Cloud: SQL Azure, AWS.
Big Data: NoSQLDB, Hadoop HDFS, Pig, Hive, Azure Data Lake, HDInsight.
Languages: VB 5/6/.Net, VBScript, ASP/ASP.net, C#, Java, JSP, HTML, XML, UNIX Shell scripting
Databases: Informix 7, IBM DB2, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2/2012/2016, Oracle 10/11G
Platforms: UNIX (Solaris), Windows Server 2008.2012, Linux (RedHat), IIS, WebLogic, VmWare
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
- As the Head of IT/ Confidential, responsible for leading the Web, mobile, UI, database teams.
- Technologies used: PHP, Wordpress, mySQL, MS Azure, Alibaba Cloud, Andrioid and iOS apps.
- Review design and architecture of various projects including web application, mobile applications, database design.
- Lead a number of product design including Educational, healthcare, eCommerce and inventory management systems.
- Implement industry best practices for software development.
- Provide guidance for new product strategies and road map.
- Managed multiple teams & projects using Agile/Scrum methodology.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
DATABASE/BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ARCHITECT
- Responsible for data model design and implementation.
- Recommend best practices and technology road map for the organization.
- Identified performance issues and optimized SQL Server 2012 databases including indexing, query design and environment issues.
- Created SSIS packages and custom script for ETL, data migration across databases.
- Implemented technical database solution including data modeling, data base design ETL solutions.
- Resolved issues with SQL Azure Cloud databases.
- Provide technical expertise for MS SQL Server and BI tools and implement industry standards.
Confidential, Duluth, GA 2012 - 2015
BI MANAGER - BI/SQL SERVER/.NET TEAM
Technologies used: Cognos 10.1, SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDS, MDM, T-SQL, stored procedures, Visual Studio 2010/2012/2013 , C#
- Managed technical resources and oversee technical design and deliverables.
- Partnered with various business units including Marketing and Finance and empowered end-to-end technical solution including functional requirements, solution architecture, design and development of product.
- Provide technical support to SQL Server databases within North American division.
- To assist in migrating SQL Server databases to new datacenter location in a virtual platform.
- Assess technical projects and provide help with architecture, scope and then assign appropriate resources for that project.
Business Intelligence Architect
Technologies used: Cognos 8/10, JD Edwards, Oracle 11 G, SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDS, MDM
- Design, develop and support business intelligence (BI) solutions (consolidated sales, operations, and financial information) in a business-aligned, pragmatic and cost-effective manner.
- Created ETL jobs using SSIS. Designed and developed SSRS reports from scratch and administered SSIS Jobs and SSRS report manager.
- Created multi-dimensional cubes using SSAS and provided production support to existing cubes with troubleshooting and deployment.
- Accelerate IT and business productivity via ad-hoc and self-service reporting, sophisticated multi-dimensional analysis, dashboards, etc.
- Independently work with mangers and executives to gather report and analytical requirements. Prototype reports for user acceptances.
- Analyze complex business problems in collaboration with stakeholders and assess how advanced analytics, information automation systems, and business process changes can solve them.
- Implemented strategies for Master Data Management and provided technical architectural guidelines and solutions for customer, data and products entities.
- Provided assessment of current BI/DW technical state and engaged in driving BI roadmap, strategy and architecture.
- Helped drive a consistent set of standards across the company for information architecture and design, and software development methodology.
- Manages assigned activities related to the migration of applications to the data center.
- Designed solution within multiple platforms, e.g. RedHat, Solaris, Windows, VmWare.
- Designed solutions for various projects including Oracle 11g RAC node, IBM MQ, Business Objects IV, Security compliance.
- Created design as per standard reference architecture and adhered SLA, DR strategy and high availability.
- Works with client project managers on assigned applications
- Manages client interaction and expectations during all aspects of the migration
- Attends weekly Design Review and Build meetings; presents designs as required
- Provide input to management on strategy, processes and the status of issues and risks s
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
Sr. DW Engineer/Business Application Developer/Reporting Lead
- Successfully completed data warehouse refresh project to migrate existing hardware and software environment from UNIX/Informix environment to MS Windows/MS SQL Server 2005 environment. Estimated project cost $1.6 million dollars. Technologies used: MS Windows 2003 64 bit server, IIS Web Server, MS SQL Server 2005, SSIS, SSAS, MS .net.
- Completed reporting server upgrade from Actuate iServer V7 to V8 in Sun Solaris platform using load balanced/fail over methodology with WebLogic web servers. Technologies used: Sun Solaris 8, WebLogic Web Server, Actuate Basic, JSP, Unix Shell Scripts, C#, C++.
- Successfully designed and implemented standards for the Data Warehouse Software source code repository and software releases.
- Analyzed, designed, developed software solutions using VB 6/ VB.net/C#/Java and web application solutions using JSP/ASP/ASP.net.
- Designed and developed various data warehouse front-end reports and applications using VB 6/VB.net, COM, ADO, Actuate V5/V8 Reports and Crystal reports.
- Created complex stored procedures
- Developed functional specifications, implemented core libraries and provided direction to the technical architecture, requirements definition, object & database model design, and implementation of the core code.
- Developed software design using OOAD/UML, standard software design methodology documents and created technical documents for each software projects and products.
- Successfully completed Actuate report server upgrade from Windows 2000 Advances Server to UNIX Sun Solaris platform.
- Lead the data warehouse reporting infrastructure and applications disaster recovery testing in IBM facility and all of the applications were restored successfully.
- Developed data warehouse applications and reports using Visual Basic 6/ADO/COM/ASP/ASPin conjunction with Actuate/Crystal Reports with an Informix RDBMS on MS Windows NT/UNIX platforms.
- Analyze Data Models, write Stored Procedures/SQLqueries to retrieve data from Informix RDBMS for data analysis and process automation.
- Completed several enhancement projects and delivered products on time with improved performances.
- Implemented Actuate Report Server technology using Actuate V5. Technologies used: Windows 2000 Advances Server, IIS Web Server, VB6, ASP.
- Provided production support and on-call support to the data warehouse applications.
PRODUCTION FILE SPECILIST
- Developed algorithm for account validation in VAX/Legacy systems.
- Worked closely with the sales force executives and remote clients to provide account accuracy testing.
- Successfully provided support to operation facilities and mentored peers for back up support.
- Nominated for Harland Pillar Award for customer focus and innovation.