- To secure a Big Data Administrator position in a very professional environment with a reliable company where I can utilize my different IT Data Administrator skills to enhance the company’s overall business efficiency and performance.
- Around 5 years of professional IT experience including 3 years in Big data ecosystem related technologies and in Linux Administration.
- Excellent understanding / knowledge of Hadoop architecture and various components such as HDFS, Job Tracker, Task Tracker, Name Node, Data Node and Map Reduce programming paradigm. Hands on experience in installing, configuring, and using Hadoop ecosystem components like Hadoop Map Reduce, HDFS, HBase, Oozie, Hive, Sqoop, Pig, and Flume.
- Experience in managing and reviewing Hadoop log files. Experience in analyzing data using HiveQL, Pig Latin, HBase and custom Map Reduce programs in Java.
- Extending Hive and Pig core functionality by writing customUDFs. Experience in installation, configuration, supporting and managing - Cloud Era's Hadoop platform along with CDH 3&4 clusters.
- Extensively worked on database applications using DB2 UDB, Oracle, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader. Installing and configuring (Redhat, Ubuntu, Cent O.S) operating system.
- Configuring KICKSTART and installing RHEL operating system in client machines. Users, Groups and file permission management.
- Quota configuration for Users and Groups. Server monitoring using various tools like top, ps, vmstat, nagios, free, etc RPM and YUM Package management along with Tarball installation.
- Disk management using LVM Installation and configuration of DNS, DHCP, APACHE, NIS, NFS servers. Installing and configuring SAMBA and sharing files from Linux to windows.
- File system management using fdisk, mkfs, fsck, mount etc. Task scheduling by crontab, at and batch commands. Backup administrator using dd, tar, dump.
- Troubleshooting Linux operating system with rescue mode and single usermode. Experience in developing test plan, cases, and procedures.
- Administer and maintain Hadoop clusters across all environments - Production, UAT, Development and DR.
- Installation/upgrade/configuration of the Hadoop platform.
- Proactively monitor cluster health and perform performance tuning activities.
- Perform capacity planning and expansion activities working across Infrastructure and other Enterprise Services teams
- Perform cluster maintenance with patching, backup/recovery, user provisioning, automation of routine tasks, troubleshooting of failed jobs, configure and maintain security policies.
- 5+ years of hands on experience with enterprise level Hadoop administration.
- Strong understanding of major RDBMS technologies like Oracle, DB2, MS-SQL etc.
- Understanding of High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Storage technologies like Data replication, SRDF/non-SRDF
- In depth understanding of Hadoop ecosystem like HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark, Sqoop, Solr, kafka, oozie, Knox etc.
- Experience in installation/configuration Hadoop clusters from scratch.
- Experience in upgrading Hadoop clusters using rolling upgrade/express upgrade methods.
- Experience in troubleshooting and analyzing Hadoop cluster services/component failures and job failures.
- Experience in setup, configuration and management of security for Hadoop clusters using Kerberos and integration with LDAP/AD at an Enterprise level.
- Experience with setting up Ranger policies for HDFS and Hive.
- Implementation experience in setting and configuring backup and recovery procedure on Hadoop.
- Implementation experience in setting and configuring High availability and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Experience in managing Hadoop cluster with Ambari and developing custom tools/scripts to monitor the Hadoop Cluster health.
- Experience in configuration and tuning of various components like HDFS, YARN, Hive, Spark.
- Experience in documenting Runbooks, and other operational documentation
- Solid Understanding of Apache Hadoop.
- Proficient with Administration of scalable Databases.
- Good Understanding of Gemfire.
Big Data Technologies: HADOOP-HDFS- HIVE- HBASE-MAP REDUCE- ZOOKEEPER- SQOOP-YARN-CASANDRA.
DataBase Languages: SQL, PL/SQL,ORACLE.
Operating Systems: Unix- Linux- Windows-MAC.
Office Tools: Ms-Office- PowerPoint-
Confidential, Bowie, MDBig Data Administrator
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Aligning with the systems engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments.
- Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users. This job includes setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, Pig and MapReduce access for the new users.
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Ganglia, Nagios, Cloudera Manager Enterprise, Dell Open Manage and other tools.
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines.
- Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- File system management and monitoring.
- HDFS support and maintenance.
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability.
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required.
- Point of Contact for Vendor escalation.
Environment: HDFS, MapReduce, HIVE, SQOOP, PIG, Cloudera Manager, Impala.
- Deploying and configuring Hadoop cluster across various environments.
- Understood the existing Enterprise data warehouse setup and provided design and architecture suggestions to convert to Hadoop using MapReduce, HIVE, SQOOP and Pig Latin.
- Performing both major and minor upgrades to the existing Cloudera Hadoop cluster.
- Integrating Hadoop with Active Directory and enabling Kerberos for Authentication.
- Installing 80+ nodes Hadoop clusters using Cloudera Distribution of Hadoop (CDH4, CDH5)
- Applied patches and bug fixes on Hadoop Clusters.
- Setting up automated 24x7x365 monitoring and escalation infrastructure for Hadoop cluster using Nagios and Ganglia.
- Collecting metrics for Hadoop clusters using Cloudera Manager.
- Performance tuning and optimizing Hadoop clusters to achieve high performance.
- Implementing schedulers on the Job tracker to share the resources of the cluster for the map reduces jobs given by the users.
- Deploying Cloudera Enterprise Navigator for Hadoop Audit files and Data Lineage.
- Implementing and designing a disaster recovery plan for Hadoop Cluster.
- Associating Impala performance tuning with different workloads and file formats.
- Providing User support and application support on Hadoop Infrastructure.
- Designing data models in Hive and created Hive external tables.
- Working with Sequence files, Map side joins, bucketing, partitioning for hive performance enhancement and storage improvement.
- Using SQOOP to import and export functionalities to handle large data set transfer between DB2 database and HDFS.
- Reviewed ETL application use - cases before on-boarding to Hadoop .
- Involved in business requirements gathering and analysis of business use cases.
- Prepared System Design document with all functional implementations.
Hadoop Big Data Consultant
- Upgraded Production Hadoop cluster From CDH3U2 to CDH4U1 and CM3.7.5 to CM4.1.4 alongside of OS upgrade from RHEL5 to RHEL6 with security (Kerberos) Enabled and AD integrated
- Upgraded Hadoop cluster from CDH4U1 to CDH4U2 using parcels
- Enabled HA for Name Node using Cloudera Manager to avoid single point of failure
- Installation of hue for GUI access for hive, pig and oozie
- Installed, Upgraded and managed datameer on boarding users and maintaining data links
- Installed Hadoop on clustered Environments on Dev/UAT/Prod Environments
- Installed and tested impala from beta versions in LAB environments and implemented GA release in prod
- Configure the cluster properties to gain the high cluster performance by taking cluster hardware configuration as key criteria
- Designed the rack topology for the production Hadoop cluster using CM
- Develop benchmarking routines by using Teragen and Terasort
- Implemented the Hadoop Name - node HA services to make the Hadoop services highly available
- Installed Ganglia to monitor Hadoop daemons and Implemented the changes in configuration parameters and in parallel monitored the changes in Ganglia
- By using flume collected web logs from different sources and dumped them into HDFS
- Implemented Oozie work-flow for ETL Process
- Exporting data from RDBMS to HIVE, HDFS and HIVE, HDFS to RDBMS by using SQOOP
- Implemented shell scripts for log-Rolling day to day processes and made it automated
- Regular Maintenance of Commissioned/decommission nodes as disk failures occur using Cloudera Manager
- Worked on file system management and monitoring and Capacity planning
- Execute system disaster recovery processes
- Work with the project and application development teams to implement new business initiatives as they relate to Hadoop
Director of Sales
- Managed all operations of 15 to 20 different events at any given week.
- Handled overseas Manufacturing process of different promotional products including Custom Tennis shoes, Custom Jackets, watches, shirts, shoes etc
- Maintained commercial relationships with reputable Overseas Manufacturers.
- Stated Storehouse accountability; supervise all stock.
- Employed. Terminated, taught, controlled and developed Team Leaders.
- Implemented Sales Scheduling, oversaw loss prevention strategy and curriculum .
- Organized widespread Marketing, merchandise and sales functions.
- Built and Managed Sales teams which generated annual revenues.
- Developed short term and long term strategies and forecasts to ensure projected volume and profitability were realized.
- Developed and maintained customer service high standards to ensure maximum sales opportunities.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA.
Regional Sales Manager
- Built strategic alliances with teams that resulted in Los Angeles, Ca
- Designed, directed, synchronized and executed Furniture retail operations and procedures.
- Supervise Operations of 4 stores in Metropolitan District.
- Instruct Area Managers, Employ or Fire, Teach, Control and Develop Managers.
- Organize Sales Preparation and Scheduling, generate Loss Prevention Curriculum, widespread Marketing, Merchandise and Sales Functions.
Confidential, Los Angeles, Ca
- Consistently exceeded quotas by implementing innovative sales tactics that proved to be very efficient.
- Consultative Approach with our famous monthly and annual comparative price analysis.
- Help establish strategic alliances with the Latinos call center community.
- Worked with different countries establishing the call back and calling centers.