I am a skilled business intelligence professional with more than four years extensive experience in the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack using SQL SSIS/SSRS tools. Experienced in SSRS Report development, SSIS package development, dashboard design and development using Microsoft BI developer tools. My strongest skill set is now in the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack in Transaction SQL, SSRS, SSIS and some minor SSAS Development tools. My biggest asset is attention to detail. I am an honest, hard working individual who goes above and beyond what is expected in order to get the job done and to provide quality service to both internal and external clients.
- Over five years of solid experiences in Database Administration, System Analysis, Design, Development and Supporting in Microsoft SQL Server 20 12 /20 14, Microsoft SSRS Reporting fields, SSIS ETL process
- Experience in developing high performance data integration solutions with SSIS, including extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) packages for data warehousing.
- Highly proficient in the use of T - SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, User Defined Functions, Relational Database models and Data integrity, and SQL joins .
- Professional in Logical and Physical Database design & development, Data Conversion, Normalization and Data modeling using ER-Win and SQL Server Enterprise manager .
- Expert in creating indexes, views, complex triggers, effective functions and stored procedures to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Experience in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2008/2012/2014.
- Sufficient skills of monitoring and optimizing system performance by optimizing SQL queries, using report cache and snapshot.
- Solid skills in designing and implementing data warehouses and data marts using components of Kimball Methodology, like Data Warehouse Bus, Conformed Facts & Dimensions, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Surrogate Keys, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, etc.
- Experience in SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 Installation, Configuration of Stand-alone with multiple instance in Clustered and Non-Clustered environments .
- Strong k nowledge and experience of Agile/Scrum software development life cycle and project management methodology.
- Results-Driven with ability to take initiatives and meet deadlines in a fast paced changing environment; Strong analytical and communication skills with the enthusiasm to learn new technologies .
Database: MS SQL Server 2008R 2/2012/2014/2016, MySQL 5.x, Oracle 11g/12c
Microsoft BI: SSRS/SSAS/SSIS, Visual Studio 2010/2012/2013/2014, SharePoint
Software Methodology: Agile/Scrum, Rally, Git/Github, Subversion, Sublime
Platform: Win 7/2003/2008/2008 R2/2012/2012R2, CentOS Linux
Confidential, New York, NY
Business Intelligence Developer
- Collaborate with clinical users and informaticist to gather business requirements for new data development tasks. Analyze clinical work flow and application to identify related information extraction method in SQL data warehouse.
- Hands-on development in complex data extraction utilizing SQL technologies such as stored procedures, functions and SSIS. Engineer efficient, automated and reliable solutions to deliver accurate data results.
- Improve, reengineer and optimize legacy reports utilizing available technologies. Architect and design new database structure and schema. Maintain healthy SQL server, performance tuning and resolve data specific issues.
- Worked closely with employees to design, develop, implement, and maintain clarity, reporting workbench.
- Perform upgrades on existing SSIS packages from SQL 20 .
- Import production data from various sources including Access, Excel, and perform data validations, data cleaning, apply logics to meet business requirements.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
SQL Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
- Worked as the key role in maintaining and enhancing back office financial applications originally developed using .NET and SQL Server 2014.
- Participated in the full life-cycle development process from definition and design to production delivery.
- Created complex analytic queries on very huge data sets; develop complex T-SQL stored procedures, views, triggers and user-defined functions on MS SQL Server.
- Identified weaknesses in T-SQL code and then improved those weaknesses for future release.
- Created unit test cases and technical documentation, perform detailed code reviews, and create automated build and deployment scripts.
- Maintained a high level of code quality and consistency by adhering to and helping to develop the group's coding standards, design methodology and programming practices.
- Utilized the Agile Scrum software development principles and experiences to develop within the full life-cycle of the mission critical production application.
- Analyzed data requirements for the business applications; Develop data models and plan data migration/conversion strategies for internal and externally hosted applications.
- Maintained and enhance the existing Data Warehouse, exports and reports; develop vendor and client exports that meet provided specifications.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, remove unnecessary columns, eliminate redundant and inconsistent data, normalize tables, establish joins and create indexes whenever necessary.
- Performed quality checks on reports and exports to ensure exceptional quality; monitor jobs and transfer queues to ensure they are functioning as expected.
- Migrated the existing MS Access reports to SSIS/SSRS and develop new SSIS/SSRS packages to meet business needs.
- Provided business users the data required for metrics and analysis; create and maintain documentations for all related projects.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Integrated Asp.Net with SSRS reports and also integrating them with SQL server Database; Possessed excellent skills in Data Modeling to create Star and Snowflake Schema using Erwin.
- Performed data migration using tools like Data import/export, BULK INSERT and BCP between different heterogeneous systems and SQL Server; Involved in creating Jobs, SQL Mail Agent, Alerts and Scheduled DTS/SSIS Packages.
- Used SSRS to create reports, customized Reports, on-demand reports, ad-hoc reports and involved in analyzing multi-dimensional reports in SSRS.
- Involved in the entire conversion lifecycle stages of Requirement Analysis, Data Profiling, Logical and Physical Data Mapping, Strategy, design, development, Unit testing, conducting conversion mock runs, SIT, UAT, Data Reconciliation and validation.
- Created T-SQL stored procedures, functions, etc. and tuned them using query analyzer and explain plans. Performed data profiling, data analysis to identify legacy data that needs to clean prior to the migrations using SSIS Data Profiling Task, Data Profile viewer and T-SQL queries.
- Improved the performance of SSRS reports by tuning the Stored Procedures and TSQL queries using various join conditions; Generated experience in converting Actuate reports into SSRS. Created XML, PDF, EXCEL files using SSRS.
- Supported 24/7 in production issues and User’s issues on applications.
Confidential, Southlake, TX
- Worked as a developer in creating Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Created and managed schema objects such as Tables, Views, Clusters, Indexes, Procedures, Triggers, and maintained Referential Integrity.
- Monitored all activities of the Server by checking the daily SQL jobs, SQL Server error logs and Windows error logs.
- Assembled and transformed user requirements into standard reporting solution and customized specific user requests when necessary.
- Completed Database refreshment from development to production environment.
- Designed, developed and maintained data driven systems as needed within the company ranging from sales data warehouses to desktop databases and web front ends.
- Investigated and optimized reporting system performance by optimizing queries, and using report cache and snapshot.
- Managed and maintained stored procedures and standard reports; built reports from Analysis Services cube using MDX query designer.
- Scheduled and managed daily/ weekly/monthly sales and operational reports based on the business requirements.
- 24/7 on-call support for the production environment.