- 7+ years of experience in the field of Business Intelligence and Analytics with a strong background in data warehousing.
- Hands on experience on different version of QlikView.
- Expertise knowledge in Set Analysis, Advanced aggregations, synthetic keys and circular references.
- Expertise in designing and modeling of QlikView with complex multiple data sources like SQL, Flat Files, Excel and Access relational designs.
- Strong understanding of Star Schema, Snow flake Schema, Fact and Dimensional tables, Section Access, Set Analysis in QlikView.
- Developed Custom dashboards using QlikView.
- Experience with QlikView sheet objects including Pivot, List, Multi box, multiple charts types, Trends, KPI's, custom requests for Excel Export, and Fast Change and objects for Management Dashboard reporting.
- Well experienced in design, development & Administration of QlikView for OLTP and OLAP Systems.
- Hands on Experience in QlikView Functions (Apply Map, Date and Time, Keep, Joins)
- Proficient in creating QV data models, QV objects, reports, graphical interactive UI and dashboard using different data sources like Oracle, SQL Server, QVD files, Access, text files, excel documents etc. as per the user requirement.
- Hands on experience in implementing Incremental load and QlikView hierarchies using QVD approach.
- Experience in promoting files to the server and distributing based on active directory groups using QMC. Scheduled applications to refresh data based on multiple types of schedules.
- Designed QlikView applications using QlikView Data (QVD).
- Experience in Performance tuning by optimizing existing QlikView applications with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization. Experienced in QlikView Server and Publisher maintenance - Creating scheduled jobs for QVD extracts and report reloads.
- Good ETL skills, Data modeling, Dimensional Modeling knowledge with experience in developing data movement, data cleansing and data integrity.
- Implemented Section access and Hidden scripting for the Application Security
- Performed testing of dashboards for functionality, data, performance, look and feel.
- Ad hoc reports are created based on the business user requirements
Database: SQL Server 2012, Oracle9i/10g, MySQL
OperatingSystem: Linux, Windows XP/2003/2008
Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL
Tools: QlikView, QlikSense, SAP NetWeaver, Query Designer, Script builder, Qlik NPrinting, SQL Server Reporting services (SSRS)
Confidential, Towson, MD
Qlik View Developer
- Worked closely with Business analyst to understand the requirements and translated that into technical specification document (FSTS).
- Extracted the data from various data sources such as SQL Server, SAP BW, Excel documents and CSV files, transforming the data into standard format and load the data so that it is available for analyzing and creating dashboards.
- Worked on different integrations to the existing dashboards.
- Worked on several enhancements of the existing dashboards.
- Developed different reports like YTD Summary, Margin Hierarchy, Year over Year Profitability for margin excellence dashboards of different regions.
- Hands on experience in developing waterfall charts.
- Created 3 Tier architecture to load the data into QlikView application.
- Developed QlikView Dashboard using Drill Down & Cyclic Grouping in charts, Pie chart, Line charts, Grid Chart, Scatter chart, Sliders.
- Worked closely with Business to design, develop and enhance the QlikView Dashboards.
- Implemented complex set analysis to show various time based KPIs.
- Used alternate states for showing comparative analysis.
- Created an Ad hoc reports.
- Created reports with Qlik Nprinting using QlikView documents.
- Secured the customer information from some of the employees using section access.
- Optimized application by following all the best practices and standards.
- Split the huge tables into multiple QVDs, so that only the recent ones needed to be refreshed for data accuracy.
- Altered the QlikView scripts based on any unusual latency in the response time on the UI.
- Deployed application onto server and distributed based on active directory groups using QMC.
- Developed metadata report to track data of different sources.
- Developing unit testing modules prior to QA submission.
Environment: QlikView 11, SQL Server, SAP-BW,Excel.
Qlik View Developer
- Responsible for gathering business requirements from various users of different stake holders and managing the delivery.
- Responsible for Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using QlikView server.
- Identify, develop, and maintain key reporting requirements with business partners and internal departments to facilitate business continuity and development.
- Responsible for Data Modelling, Data Analysis, Data Integration and Data Visualization.
- Created Rich dashboards using QlikView Dashboard and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Responsible for Building Sales, Marketing and Finance reports and dashboards.
- Experience in working with QlikView server to create data sources, creating users and QlikViewinstallation and providing training to Business users in using QlikView.
- Responsible to convert all business objects and excel reports to QlikView reports and dashboards.
- Responsible for interaction with business stake holders, gathering requirements.
- Created metrics, attributes, filters, reports and dashboards, created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data.
- Experience in designing and deploying rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop-down menu option and Parameterization using QlikView.
- Created organized, customized analysis and visualized projects and dashboards to present to Senior Level Executives.
- Support of month end Closing and Reporting Processes.
- Developed Business Objects Universes with classes, objects and condition objects and developed hierarchies to support drill down reports.
- Created complex reports by linking data from multiple data providers, using free hand SQL and functionalities like Combined Queries.
- Extensive testing and migrating the reports or objects from development to Production system
Environment: QlikView 11,Web Intelligence, SQL Server 2008, Windows 2008, Crystal Reports.
Confidential, Washington, D.C
- Analyze customer requirements and develop proposals of technical solutions as needed.
- Developed SQL Scripts, database objects, procedures, functions and packages.
- Worked on modeling data as per business requirements. Eliminated Synthetic keys, ambiguous relationships and closed loops.
- Installed, configured and deployed the application on QlikView server and Imported data from different sources like SAP BW, Sales force, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access, XML files and flat files using OLE DB/ODBC.
- Worked on data modeling and developed different complex models as per given user requirement without any closed loops, Synthetic tables and ambiguous relationships.
- Mainly designed and developed QlikView software applications and complex server-based QlikView dashboards from scratch to support reporting and Business Intelligence initiatives.
- Used advanced scripting, set analysis, VBScript and JScript macros, advanced aggregation functions and advanced charts for applications.
- Trained several developers on QlikView in terms of best developing and design practices and general "how to" procedures.
- Designed Executive Sales Analysis Dashboard that offers fast and flexible access to all key information across the enterprise.
- Designed a comprehensive and easy to use Mortgage analysis dashboard for client to keep track of Sales representative performance, and efficiency of converting customer leads into revenue.
- Implemented security using QlikView's section access technology that dynamically hides selected areas of the dashboard depending upon user privileges.
- Provided ongoing QlikView consultation to the development team.
- Provide support analyst when internal teams have enquiries and trained business users
- Research and troubleshoot technical problems and provided ongoing QlikView consultation to the development team.
Environment: QlikView 10, SQL Server, DB2, Windows XP/2003 server, VB Script & Java Script.
- Participated in business requirements and design review sessions.
- Imported data through ODBC connection and modeling data as per user requirements.
- Created dashboards by extracting data from database, stored into QVD files and designed the UI based on business requirements.
- Designed the Data model by eliminating Circular Loops and Synthetic Keys by renaming or removing unwanted columns and using Qualify statement.
- Developed QlikView Dashboards using different types of sheet objects like Trellis chart, Pivot table, Straight table, Bar chart, Scatter chart etc.
- Used Set analysis and various QlikView functions in writing expressions for sheet objects.
- Optimized the expressions for the efficient performance of the UI.
- Converted Cognos reports to QlikView dashboards.
- Designed different types of triggers at sheet level and document level of dashboard.
- Implemented new design objects like Containers, Mini-Charts & QlikView Extension objects.
- Developed functional specifications and reports based on business requirements.
- Optimizing the load scripts and UI for efficient performance.
- Performed various levels of internal testing and support in resolving QA defects.
- Providing user acceptance testing group support/training.
Environment: QlikView 9, SQL, MS-Access.