- 8+Years of experience in Business Intelligence Applications using Siebel Analytics / Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) 11.1.1.x/ 10.1.3.4/10.1.3.3, Oracle Business Intelligence Apps (BI Apps). 7.9.6.x, Informatica 9.x/8.x and DAC 10.1.3.4/11 g
- Expertise in Building Executive Dashboards using Dashboard Manager for Siebel Analytics Web / Oracle Presentation Services for Siebel Analytics / OBIEE.Experience in creating requests, adding filters, creating prompts, and creating pivot tables using OBIEE.
- Experience in all the Latest BI Tools OBIEE, Tableau and Power BI Dashboard Design, and Spotfire.
- Hands on experience on Tableau Desktop versions 7/8.2, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Good Knowledge on Business Intelligence Cloud Service(BICS)
- Strong experience in developing OBIEE/Siebel Analytics Repository (. rpd) - three layers (Physical Layer, Business Model & Presentation Layer)
- Experienced in Data Modeling using Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema modeling, Fact and Dimensions tables and Physical, Logical data modeling in the OBI Administration tool.
- Experience in creating Adhoc reporting ready universes using Business Objects Universe Designer.
- Very good understanding of Data Warehousing Design Methodology, Data Warehouse Concepts, Database design/architecture including both OLAP & OLTP data and complete lifecycle of project from design to development and implementation.
- Extensive knowledge in Debugging, Optimizing and Performance Tuning of Oracle BI/Siebel Analytics Dashboards/Reports by implementing Aggregate navigation, cache management and materialized views.
- Hands on experience in Data warehousing development using ETL tools such as Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x and developed Informatica Mappings and Workflows with Worklets & Tasks using various Transformations for ETL of data from Multiple Sources to Data Warehouse.
- Hands on Experience in ER Model, De-Normalization, Dimensional Data Modeling, converting Snow-Flake Schema to Star Schema, Dim Hierarchies, Dim Extensions, Physical & Logical Data Modeling.
- Trouble shooting informatica workflow runtime issues.
Reporting Tools: OBIEE (11.1.x,10.1.3.x), Siebel Analytics 7.x,Oracle BI apps7.9.6
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x, ODI 11gR1,DAC10g/11g
Tools: SQL Plus 3.3/8.0, Toad, DAC 10.x
RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g/ 9i/8i, SQL Server 2008/2005, Siebel CRM, Oracle EBS, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, XML
Data Modeling: Star Schema Modeling, Snowflake Modeling
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Sr. OBIA /OBIEE Consultant
- Configured the Supply Chain and General Ledger analytics domain values and lookup values
- Executed the OOB ETL
- Participated in the design, development and deployment of reporting solutions.
- Developed custom OBIEE reports based on Supply Chain and Financial analytics
- Customized and developed RPD (Physical, Business model and Presentation Layer), configured metadata objects and Web Catalog Objects.
- Developed Reports / Dashboards with different Analytics Views (Drill-Down / Dynamic, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, with global and local filters) using Oracle BI Presentation Services.
- Using OBI EE Delivers to configure, schedule, and deliver Personalized Alerts to Intelligence Dashboards via Intelligence Agents (iBots)
- Registered new tasks and task groups in DAC.
- Built the new DAC subject areas & execution plans.
- Customized out of box informatic mappings based on business requirements
- Development of Revenue Analytics reports and dashboards
- Developed Executive Revenue Report Developed Closed Sales Report. Developed Forecast Accuracy Report. Developed Emerging & Acquired Report.
- Worked on Financial Analytics Dashboards Customized the out of box ‘GL Balance Sheet’ report Developed custom Subledger and Journal Line Entry Detail report and added as detail report to Trial balance report Customized the out of box Cash Flow report. Developed Budget vs. Actual report.
- Responsible for interaction with business stake holders, gathering requirements and managing the delivery.
- Implemented the Ledger based data level security for financial users.
- Worked on the Report performance issues
- Developed Tableau data visualization using Cross tabs, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts and Density Chart.
- Provided Production support to Tableau users and Wrote Custom SQL to support business requirements.
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence 18.104.22.168/22.214.171.124, 12.2.1(12c), BI Publisher, BI Apps 126.96.36.199, Informatic 7.4, Oracle 10g/9i, SQL, PL/SQL, DAC 7.8.4, Tableau 8.2 TOAD, SQL* Plus, Salesforce, Unix, Windows XP.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Worked during the whole life cycle of the project from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Set up the database connectivity and design the Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and the Presentation Layer in the repository (. rpd)
- Modeled the Physical Layer with Connection Pools, Aliases, Views and Joins. Effectively developed BMM Layer by creating Hierarchies, Complex Joins, Measures (with aggregation rules, complex business calculations, level based, dimensionality and time series functionalities) to accommodate the business requirement.
- Developed the Presentation Layer by creatively organizing the logical columns into the Tables and Folders.
- Used Variable Manager in Administration Tool to define Repository and Session variables.
- Developed Time Series Objects using Ago and ToDate functions for time series comparisons.
- Designed and developed various Interactive Dashboards and reports with drilldowns, guided navigation, filters, and prompts.
- Created various session and repository variables and initialized them in the Initialization Blocks to change metadata dynamically as the environment changes.
- Implemented security based on LDAP Authentication.
- Created security settings in OBIEE Administration Tool and set up groups, access privileges and query privileges and managed security for groups in Answers.
- Developed test cases and performed Unit Testing and Integration Testing of the Repository and Web Catalogs.
- Extensively used BI Publisher for creating ad-hoc and summary reports.
- Used Filters (Global and Local) and provided customized prompts to avoid excessive data showing up in the reports.
- Created various tasks like Session, Command, Timer and Event wait.
- Involved in preparing material and training Business users.
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence 188.8.131.52, informatica 9.1/9. Oracle SQL Developer 3.0, Windows XP, Oracle 11g
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Effectively interacted with the end users for requirement gathering and defined requirement specifications document by access and retrieval of financial and personnel data from one single source.
- Identified & Created Facts, Dimensions, and Hierarchies of the business model.
- Developed Segment Value Detail, Work Order Detail and OGA Repositories (RPD) by importing metadata into Physical Layer, applied Business rules in the Business Modeling and Mapping layer and created customized user views in the Presentation layer.
- Created Catalog Groups and set permissions for items in the presentation catalog and privileges and rights to users and groups.
- Designed and Tested Reports in the Dashboards for the Oracle Financial Analytics modules like GL, AP, AR and created the Ad-hoc report per the client needs.
- Configured Interactive Dashboard with drill-down capabilities using global and local Filters, Metadata Objects and Web Catalog Objects.
- Applied Cascading Prompts and Multi Level Prompts on Dashboards.
- Identified issues, performance bottlenecks, and optimized the Business Intelligence Dashboards and Reports.
- Developed different kinds of reports (pivots, charts, tabular) using global and local Filters.
- Handled Full load and refresh load via staging tables in the ETL Layer.
- Wrote Custom SQL Codes for the reports.
- Applied Optimization Techniques for the better performance of the reports.
- Involved in Monitoring and Scheduling different process flows using Oracle Work Flow Manager.
- Managed Oracle Delivers, Scheduler & iBots.
- Used external tables to Transform and Load data from Flat files into target tables.
- Used Debugger to validate Mappings by creating break points to analyze and monitor Data flow.
- Involved in troubleshooting the load failure cases, including database problems.
- Implemented Security by authenticating against the LDAP and external table.
- Trained End Users and Pilot Users about OBIEE Tools.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.3, 11g, Oracle BI Applications 7.9.4(Financial analytics, HR analytics), Informatica 8, DAC, Oracle 10g, Oracle EBS, SQL Developer, SQL*Plus, Windows-XP
- Involved in design, development and maintenance of database for Data warehouse project.
- Involved in Business Users Meetings to understand their requirements.
- Designed, Developed and Supported Extraction, Transformation and Load Process (ETL) for data migration with Informatica 7.X.
- Developed various mappings using Mapping Designer and worked with Aggregator, Lookup, Filter, Router, Joiner, Source Qualifier, Expression, Stored Procedure, Sorter and Sequence Generator transformations.
- Created complex mappings which involved Slowly Changing Dimensions, implementation of Business Logic and capturing the deleted records in the source systems.
- Worked extensively with the connected lookup Transformations using dynamic cache.
- Worked with complex mappings having an average of 15 transformations.
- Created and scheduled Sessions, Jobs based on demand, run on time and run only once
- Monitored Workflows and Sessions using Workflow Monitor.
- Performed Unit testing, Integration testing and System testing of Informatica mappings
- Coded PL/SQL scripts.
- Wrote Unix scripts, Perl scripts for the business needs.
- Coded Unix Scripts to capture data from different relational systems to flat files to use them as source file for ETL process
- Created Universes and generated reports on using Star Schema.
- Developed Oracle PL/SQL packages, procedures and functions
- Coded Oracle SQL to create ad-hoc reports on an as-needed basis
- Used Oracle Warehouse Builder to implement changes to the operational data store, as well as create data marts
- Involved in the data analysis for source and target systems. Good understanding of Data warehousing concepts, Star schema and Snow-flake schema.
- Involved in supporting and maintaining Oracle Import, Export and SQL*Loader jobs
- Involved in supporting and maintaining Unix shell script jobs
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1.3, Oracle 11g, UNIX