- IT professional with around 8 years of experience including analyzing user requirements, Application Design & Modeling, Development and Implementation of Business Intelligence using Oracle Business Intelligence (O BIEE).
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, Understanding their requirements and providing optimum solution and production support.
- Extensive experience on OBIEE Administration Tool, Presentation Services / OBIEE Analytics Web Answers, OBIEE Interactive Dashboards and Cache Management.
- Proficient in building the three layers (Physical Layer, Business Model & Mapping and Presentation Layer) of OBIEE repository (rpd).
- Experience in developing and testing reports using SQL Developer across various domains.
- Expertise in handling all phases of Quality Assurance Life Cycle and Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) of the BI Projects.
- Hands on experience in defining key metrics, dimensions, hierarchies and attributes, Aggregate Navigation, Aggregates based on dimension, Level Based Measures, Variables and Initialization blocks.
- Experience in configuring BI Publisher, Interactive Dashboards with drill - down capabilities using global and local Filters, OBIEE Setup (groups, access/query privileges), Metadata Objects and Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports).
- Expertise in translating high-level business requirements into logical business dimensional model.
- Expertise in complete life cycle of Design, Development, Maintenance and Documentation of various functionalities of Data Warehouse including Testing and Code Migration.
- Experience in Configuring and publishing the iBots to deliver analytics content based on schedule, automated iBots queries to obtain daily & weekly transactions to all the departments in the organization by Emails
- Proficient in Debugging, Optimizing and Performance Tuning of Oracle BI Dashboards/Reports.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS databases like Oracle 10g/11g, MS SQL server.
BI Tools: OBIEE 11g/10g, Business Objects, Oracle Reports
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g, MS SQL Server 2012 / 2008, MS Access
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/UNIX
Applications: MS Office Suite, Visio, Magic Draw UML
Utilities: Toad 9.0/8.5.1, SQL *Loader, Putty, SQL Developer
Scheduling Tools: DAC (Data Warehouse Administration Console)
Confidential, Newark, DE
Sr. BI Developer
- Performed the setting up, Installation and configuration of the complete Analytics platform environment and the required connectivity for seamless integration with the data warehouse.
- Developed many Reports / Dashboards with different Analytics Views (Drill-Down / Dynamic, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, with global and local Filters using Oracle BI Presentation Services.
- Designed and Developed General Ledger, Payables, Receivables and Profitability Dashboards in OBIEE.
- Developed Dashboard pages like Liquidity, GL Balance, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet in General Ledger Dashboard.
- Developed Dashboard pages like AR Balance, Payments Due, Invoice Details and All AR Transactions in Receivables Dashboard.
- Developed Dashboard pages like AP Balance, Overview, Payments Due, Supplier Details and Invoice Details in Payables Dashboard.
- Developed Dashboard pages like Overview, Margins, Revenue, Products and Customers in Profitability Dashboard.
- Setup Multi User Development Environment (MUDE) in OBIEE.
- Monitored Incremental and Full load of Data through Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC) and Informatica Workflow Monitor.
- Created and ran Sessions & Workflows to load the data into the Data warehouse.
- Developed Mappings using corresponding Source, Targets and Transformations like Source Qualifier, Sequence Generator, Filter, Router, Joiner, Lookup, Expression, Update Strategy, and Aggregator.
- Created Presentation catalogues, and Folders in Presentation Layer, and Performed Global Consistency Check in Oracle BI Administration Tool.
- Configured and Scheduled Sessions and Workflows.
- Exclusively Involved in Unit Testing, Peer Testing & Regression Testing.
- Worked on multiple folders at time to meet the dead lines of the tasks.
- Created RPD security for reports in OBIEE.
- Designed and developed logical model in BMM in Repository.
- Created custom reports in Payables in OBIEE according to user requirement.
Environment: (Oracle Business Intelligence Suite) OBIEE 11.1.6/11.1.5, Oracle 10g/11g, BI Publisher, TOAD, SQL, SQL Server 2008/2005, Windows 7, Unix, Linux and Windows 2003.Confidential, Owing Mills, MD
Sr. OBIEE Consultant
- Worked closely with the business users and developers to make sure that business requirements are correctly translated into database schemas and ultimately into the application. Interacted with end users and developers to validate the data model, reports.
- Analysis of existing OLTP system and Identification of required dimensions and facts from the Database.
- Creation and Customization of the OBIEE Repository (Physical, Business and Presentation layer) and Added extension columns in fact and dimension tables.
- Worked on Oracle BI Answers to build Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities.
- Time Series Objects, Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities using page and dashboard prompts, OBIEE Security Setup (groups, object and data level),configured Analytics Metadata objects (Subject Area, Table, Column), Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports).
- Expert in cache management, Repository migration, data level and object level security in OBIEE Analytics.
- Built test cases and tested the Reports / Dashboards by comparing the SQL Output on the Data warehouse to the values in the Reports/Dashboards, documented the test results.
- Created connection pools, imported physical tables and defined joins in the physical layer of the repository.
- Created pivot table along with different kinds like charts, tabular allowing manager to analyze the business from different perspectives, and provided optimized Analytics requests using column selector and using global and local filters.
- Involved in Reconciliation Process while testing loaded data with user reports.
- Responsible for overall Business models and Reporting needs.
- Build all user and group level securities including data level.
- Created UAT (user acceptance test) cases
- Assisted in production support. Specified the aggregate levels for each source and created dimension sources for each level of aggregated fact data in the BMM layer.
- Assisted in creating a dashboard user guide for new users.
Environment: OBIEE 11g, Oracle EBS Release 12, Oracle BI applications 7.9.4,DAC 7.5 (Data warehouse Administration Console), Informatica 8.6, Erwin 4.3,Star Schema Design, SQL Plus, Performance Tuning, Oracle 11g (SQL, PL/SQL),TOAD 9.5, Java Script, HTML, Windows 2003 & Linux Servers, Putty and Unix.Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Oracle BI Developer
- Involved in gathering the requirements, performing gap analysis, and documenting them into business reporting.
- Created reports and dashboards for review by the business users.
- Created metadata repository (.rpd) as per business requirements at three layers in Oracle BI Administration Tool.
- Defined Physical Diagram by defining foreign key Joins and developed Business Diagram in BMM layer to define Business Model and requirements.
- Defined multiple Dimensions (Drill-Down Hierarchies) & Logical & Facts /Measures objects in Business Model Layer, and created the Presentation catalogs in Presentation Layer.
- Developed calculated measures and assigned aggregation levels based on dimension hierarchies in BMM layer.
- Developed many Reports in Oracle BI Answers and created interactive Dashboards using features like Drill-Down, Cascading Style Sheets, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, Tabular with Global and local Filters.
- Worked on Security settings in Administration Tool to set up users, groups, access privileges and query privileges and also managed security for groups in Answers.
- Implemented both object level and row level security based on roles and responsibilities of end user.
- Dynamically used Filters and provided customized prompts appropriately to avoid excessive data showing up reports using variables.
- Worked on Aggregates, Hierarchies, Calculation wizard in the Logical Layer.
- Worked on the Time Series function and implemented time comparison using To Date and Ago functions.
- Worked with materialized views and aggregates to improve performance.
- Tested reports and dashboards for data integrity.
- Maintained iBots to alert messages and group mails to the business users.
- Involved in migration of Analytics .rpd and Web Catalog objects from developing environment to QA environment and to the Production environment.
- Trained Users on the generated reports for this project and documented the work.
- Participated in Post implementation reviews with the Project teams.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.2, Oracle 10g, Windows 2003 Server, OLAP, Oracle E-Business Suite 11i (11.5.9), SQL, PL/SQL, Informatica 8.6.0, SQL Loader, Red Hat Linux.Confidential
ERP Engineer OBIEE
- Meeting with business and technical users to understand their data warehousing data needs on a regular basis
- Performed detailed source data analysis to determine grain and data quality characteristics
- Along with the ETL team, participated in the design documentation of the ETL loads
- Created the new analytics reports and modified the already existing ones
- Used conditional formatting in the reports
- Created reports with table, pivot, ticker, filter, chart and narrative views with filters, prompts and also dashboard prompts.
- Created intelligence dashboards and mapped the Reports
- Worked on metadata repository .rpd enhancements
- Performed project and application level data migration and delivery that support business information requirements ensuring effective data organization and data re-usability
- Worked closely with Business Analyst and Gathered Analytics Requirements from different user groups performing GAP Analysis between the current reports and the requirements.
- Modified the existing reports with necessary configuration changes in front end as well as in the back end (.rpd)
- Changes from the Business Users, in corporate those in Functional Design Documents, and work with delivery team.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3, Oracle 9i, Windows 2003 Server, OLAP, Oracle E-Business Suite 11i (11.5.9), SQL, PL/SQL, Informatica 8.6.0, SQL Loader, Red Hat Linux.