- 7 of experience in IT Industry. Expertise in the field of Business Intelligence (BI) Analytics, Reporting & Dashboard development using Tableau and Crystal Repors.
- Good experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 6/ 7/8 and 9.
- Provide Business Intelligence support using Tableau for implementing effective Business dashboards & visualizations of data.
- Built dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices to convey the story inside the data.
- Skilled in Tableau Desktop for Data visualization, Reporting and Analysis; Cross Map, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts, Page Trails and Density Chart.
- Experienced in Tableau Server administration including setting up Active Directory users and groups, giving appropriate permissions for viewing published Dashboards and scheduling Data refresh instances.
- Worked extensively on joining tables, multiple data connections using blending, worked on Data Extracts and managing queries.
- Worked on Tableau administration tasks such as publishing workbooks, setting permissions, managing ownerships, working with Sites, providing access to the users and adding them to the specific groups and Projects, Scheduling Refreshes and Subscriptions in Tableau Server.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL Queries involving various tables using SQL joins and writing Sub Queries.
- Experienced in writing complex - SQL Stored Procedures and constructing Tables, Triggers, user functions, Views, Indexes, Relational data models and data integrity.
- Good RDBMS skills in MS SQL Server … MS-Access, MQ Series, Oracle.
- Good knowledge in implementing ETL enterprise solutions with IBM Data Stage.
- Established Best Practices for Enterprise Tableau Environment and application intake and Development processes.
- Having experience on various data analyzation techniques, reports efforts estimation, Reports development planning.
- Proficient in preparing Presentations, Graphs, Pivot Tables using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Very much comfortable in analyzing, debugging, troubleshooting and solving problems and issues in application.
- Excellent Communication Skills and Self-motivated team player with strong problem solution skills and a thirst to learn the latest and the greatest technologies in the industry.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Tableau Developer
- Contacting the budget team, gathering and analyzing business requirements and analyzing data sources form Oracle Server for design, development and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects Within Tableau Desktop.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document and then converted business requirements into Functional Requirements Specification.
- Created different views in workbook to visually analyze data.
- Created extracts, published data sources to tableau server, refreshed extract in Tableau server from Tableau Desktop.
- Created parameters and quick filters. Created sets to display top products based on their sale.
- Created Actions in Worksheets and Dashboards for interactivity and to compare data against different views.
- Created Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs.
- Published Workbooks and Dashboards to the Tableau server.
- Combined visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
- Created groups and users in Tableau server.
- Used commands in Tabcmd and Tabadmin utility tool.
- Taking care of production issues.
- Performed report tuning using extracts, Cache options, removing unused fields
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Created report schedules on Tableau server and Tableau Online.
- Created complex formulas and calculations within Tableau to meet the needs of complex business logic.
Environment: Tableau 9.0/9.2 Desktop/Server, Oracle, MySQL, Cloud database, Salesforce, Microsoft Power Pivot, Microsoft SQL server, MS Excel/Access, Windows 8.
Confidential, North Brook, IL
- Create Schedules and extract the data into Tableau Data Engine.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling on Tableau server.
- Implement action filters, parameters, calculated filed and set for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Create Tableau scorecards, dashboards using Stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps.
- Effectively used data blending feature in tableau.
- Define best practices for Tableau report development.
- Execute and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Develop parameter and dimension based reports, drill-down reports, charts, and Tabular reports using Tableau Desktop.
- Execute and tested required queries and reports before publishing dashboards.
- Provide support once the dashboards were published if there were any data changes, system changes, or requirement changes.
- Extensively work on Tableau Desktop, by creating Complex reports & Dashboards.
- Create Tableau scorecards, dashboards, Heat maps using show me functionality
- Scheduling the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically.
- Develop implement and maintain various database objects such as Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes and Views.
- Create procedures to ensure the quality, usability and accuracy of reports.
Environment: Tableau Desktop(Version 8.1.2 - Version 9.0.2), SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Visual Basic, Oracle, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel, MySQL.
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
- Involved in Exploring, Designing, Building, Testing and Deployment of the high level dashboards for Marketing Decision makers.
- Involved in understanding the reporting requirements and providing Tableau reporting solutions.
- Develop, maintain and document highly visualized comprehensive dashboards using Tableau Desktop and publish it to Tableau Server to meet business specific challenges.
- Developed Complex Web based reports using IMS analysis manger and published same with security actions.
- Developed new reports and enhancing existing reports in Tableau environment.
- Presented IAM reports and Tableau Dashboards to the higher management the discovered trends and analysis, forecast data, recommendations and risks identified.
- Recommended and took lead on new ideas of implementation/developing of IAM Web reports involving responsibilities towards getting dashboard requirements, design, document, develop and test front end dashboards and reports.
- Provided support to different levels of Tableau developers
- Involved in Creating and Managing security rules for dashboards and views.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using oracle tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer and SQL* plus.
- Partitioned the fact tables and materialized views to enhance the performance.
- Extensively used bulk collection in PL/SQL objects for improving the performing.
- Created records, tables, collections (nested tables and arrays) for improving Query performance by reducingcontext switching.
- Designed Technical design document based on the businessrequirements.
- Used Pragma Autonomous Transaction to avoid mutating problem in database trigger.
- Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like Records, Tables, Object types and Dynamic SQL.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Extensively used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Developed and Prepared Unit Test documents.
- Developed several stored procedures to handle large amount of data manipulation.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
- Performed Database Administration of all database objects including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences packages and procedures.
- Upgraded the existing database from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11g.
- Involved in Logical & Physical Database Layout Design.
- Created queries to minimize transactions table data size and copy into historical tables.
- Modified exiting UNIX Shell Scripts to schedule daily jobs.
- Improved the performance of the application by rewriting the SQL queries.
- Involved application deployment process and co-ordinate with DBA Team.
Environment: Oracle 9i/11g, Tableau Server 6.1, Tableau Desktop 6.1, PL/SQL, TOAD, Sun Solaris, HP- Quality Center