A software development opportunity in a stimulating and forward thinking environment that leverages a combination of my experiences in building frontend full stack architectures and extensive hands - on software engineering.
Senior Frontend Software Engineer/Architect
- Obtained required Keypoint security clearance for this confidential global project
- Devised and implemented best practices and architectural patterns to standardize and increase system software development velocity, reliability, and repeatability.
- Devised and implemented key Angular 5.x and Typescript architectural patterns such as functional reactive programming techniques (FRP/RxJs), immutable/atomic in-memory stores and reducer strategies (ngrx), smart (container) vs presentational component separation of concerns, import barreling, lazy loading, and object oriented patterns.
- Primary team interface to backend (Java) development team. Defined and implemented main frontend data model interfaces and endpoint http call patterns. Devised and implemented ‘in memory web’ API to stand-in for eventual real backend endpoint calls to increase frontend development velocity and increase consistency and reliability of frontend/backend http interfaces.
- Presentation to technical clients of system architecture, design, and patterns.
- Leveraged angular-cli as the main tool for component scaffolding and hot development vs product system build, lint, and unit test execution.
- Devised and implemented optimal Angular 4.x change detection and memory management system components
- Designed and implemented Angular 4.x unit test patterns in Karma/Jasmine with goal of 80%+ test coverage (statement and branch coverage).
- Introduced and implemented global constant and error management techniques
- All software version control executed in a formalized pull request (‘ Confidential ’ - Bitbucket) driven Git (CLI and SourceTree) environment
- All unit test and builds in formalized continuous integration environment
- Daily participation in a dynamic (2 week cycle) Jira driven agile/scrum environment
- Lead mentor to various software developers and new hires and introduced them to bank system architecture and overall software development and Angular 4.x best practices.
- I teach on CodeMentor and HackHands as time permits.
Software Engineer & Architect
- Devised and executed technology strategy. Lead and set technology vision and lead employees in various capacities to ensure achievement of technical goals. Responsibilities ranged from designing database, to hands-on software development, to development operations (continuous integration, Bamboo/Jenkins, Sentry, etc). Full Scrum/Agile/JIRA integration.
- Responsible for developing and delivering presentations to a wide variety of stakeholders and technologists.
Business Productivity Advisor, NYC
- Leading member of a specialist Office technical team that advises and supports account teams serving various territories and accounts in the Confidential ’s New York Metro District.
- Technical and strategic focus on Confidential ’s business productivity, collaboration, and enterprise social networking platform (SharePoint/MOSS and Office) to penetrate, grow, and maintain opportunities in large accounts in various industries such as the Big 4, pharmaceuticals, and insurance.
- Significant customer interfacing activities ranging from technical presentations to senior executives to facilitating architectural design and envisioning sessions of Confidential platform solutions to product immersion briefings at customer and Confidential locations.
- Leading multiple virtual teams comprised of industry and technical specialists to execute concurrent technical projects and activities aligned with accounts’ sales strategy and goals.
- Guiding customers to develop their collaboration and social networking/WEB 2.0 vision and strategy..
- District lead executing customer Office and desktop deployment strategy. Significant customer interaction, consultation, and presentations on the value of deploying Confidential ’s productivity stack.
Management Consultant, NYC
- Developed comprehensive technology strategy for various clients, defined their key strategic goals, and measured the execution of strategy using the Balanced Scorecard Methodology. Examples include multi-year strategic plans for web site and operational strategy.
- Advised clients on the creation of relevant key performance indicators (KPIs) for their respective organizations and the mean to track and monitor the state of these metrics in the context of their strategic technology plans.
- Facilitated technology strategy development workshops for clients and their senior corporate executives and developed surveys to gather information for devising strategy
- Lead and developed web strategy for organizations and clients to ensure its alignment with the overarching business strategy. The web strategy recommended items such as appropriate targeting of audiences, the pertinent content required, and the organizational structure and logistics required to upkeep the web site.
- Presented technology strategy and recommendations to senior staff, created executive summaries and white papers, and developed visualizations describing the key elements and recommendations of strategy.
- Lead and developed responses to Request For Proposals (RFPs) to win consulting projects
Director, Product Technology and Strategy, NYC
- Lead and developed Confidential ’s global CRM strategy as an umbrella over individual business unit CRM strategies. The strategy included developing a global vendor selection process, best practices for project management of CRM projects, defining criteria for buying versus building CRM technologies, determining CRM business processes and workflows, and aligning organizational functions to the CRM solution. In addition, partnered with various major consulting (IBM and Gartner), CRM vendors (IBM and Seibel), and research organizations (IBM Research) to provide education and support to Confidential executives in this context. Chaired and managed global interactive workshops in US and Europe on CRM with C-level executives, in addition to program and technical leaders as participants with the goal of devising best practices, determining avenues to reducing CRM implementation costs, and exchanging information.
- Lead and developed the recommendations for aligning various web personalization and customization techniques with the business strategy of Confidential and her business units. Wrote a comprehensive position paper that provided the necessary guidance to the Confidential interested parties on the various personalization strategies and their pros and cons. Defined an innovative multi-dimensional ‘personalization space’ as the main yardstick for defining personalization strategy. Partnered with IBM Research researchers to develop a framework and methodology to analyze and measure the effectiveness of various personalization techniques and how and when they should be implemented.
- Lead and developed the process of strategic alliances with major industry vendors such as IBM, IBM Research, and Siebel to name a few. The project focused on identifying the best modes of partnering with vendors and exchanging technology and competencies with them as aligned with their goals and those of Confidential . Developed alliances with IBM Business Consulting, IBM Research, Seibel System, and others.
- Provided technical due diligence consultation to Confidential ’s Venture Capital (VC) arm. Interviewed founders and senior executives of technology start-ups, carried out business and technical feasibility studies, and made recommendations on the potential return on investment of Confidential VC capital injections into these new technology companies. These included CMS, storage technology, and e-Learning start-ups. e-Learning Projects: Lead and recommended technology strategy, partnership modes, and investments into new and existing eLearning and open ended assessment companies such as Vantage, Knowledge Assessment Technologies (KAT), and ETS. These eLearning companies provide solutions ranging from general Learning Management Systems (LMS) to scoring and open-ended assessment. Worked with eLearning standards organizations such Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) and its Shared Courseware Object Reference Model (SCORM).
Solution Architect, Technical Account Manager, NYC
- Technically managed various sales accounts and provided C-level clients with the technical and software development guidance required to use Confidential ’s automated software development system.
- Presented Confidential ’s product offerings to potential customers and other types of audiences such as seminars and conferences. Lead Confidential professional services, consulting, and engineering teams to architect and develop solution prototypes (proof of concepts) using Confidential technologies for potential clients.
- Strategically positioned Confidential ’s technology suite and created business cases for return on investment and build vs. buy scenarios in the context of the client’s business and technology goals.
Researcher and Software Developer, NY
- Part of team responsible for researching and developing software and systems for enterprise integration architectures. These system were developed in C++ and entailed distributed and object oriented architectures.
- Lead Projects to develop an integrated solution for a Fortune 50 retail client's new business venture. Lead software development, architecture, requirements gathering, use case, analysis, and design of a multi-tiered system comprised of various components including 'shopping carts', 'catalogs', and data access. Utilizing object modeling (UML) and data modeling (ERWIN) methodologies.
- Completed a one-year year corporate sponsored MBA program for select IBM researchers covering areas of Finance, Marketing, Business Negotiations, and Strategy.
- Lead IBM software development engagement and representative to the Steering Committee for the Seattle Wide-Area Information For Travelers (SWIFT) Intelligent Vehicle Highway System ( Confidential ) consortium comprised of organizations from both public and private sectors. This included developing software for users with hand held devices (Apple Newtons) to help them optimize traffic decisions and utilization of public transportation.
- Technical leadership and active software engineering of systems ranging from sophisticated manufacturing and test automatons to manufacturing logistics and various back office applications.