- I am a Senior Information Technology Executive with an M.B.A in Business Process Management with an IS concentration. With more than 25 years of Information Technology, I have experience in the areas of Local and International Portfolio/Project Management, Service Delivery, Application Development/Support, and being recognized for my exceptional planning prowess and my ability to influence tactical planning among my peers, and senior leadership, a proven ability to lead Business Process Redesign efforts with all levels of the business.
- Resulting in positive changes in Business Process Management methodology by educating how to document processes and assist in redesign efforts to include both upstream and downstream processes (inputs and outputs) to be included as part of their process review.
- Introduced a unique Portfolio/Project oversight methodology designed not only to provide transparency of governance through the full life cycle of each project in the company portfolio by clearly defining communications preferences and content, as well as a scoring matrix to prioritize projects, giving a higher weighted score to those projects designed specifically to support company goals and objectives.
- Management of Global IT services, programs and projects
- Chairman of Problem and Portfolio/Project Management
- Created policies, process and procedures for two PMO and Steering Committees
- Created IT as well as business process implementation through Business Process Redesign
- Responsible development and validation teams utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Responsible for hybrid offshore Agile and onsite Waterfall development projects.
- Agile - (Kanban, Scrum)
- Vendor Management
- ITIL and SDLC Methodologies
- Development of qualitative KPI’s
- Business Process Management
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology
Confidential, Richmond, Va
- Project Manager for the installation of a global environmental monitoring system for 6 laboratories.
- PM for the decommissioning of all systems, and closing of the Confidential location.
- Managed and planning an 8 month hybrid (offshore/onsite) $1.2M Agile/Waterfall application development and system validation project tied to a $2.5M revenue generating project. This project and the team were recognized by Confidential and award the TIP Top Team award, June 2017.
- Created and severed as Chairman of the Portfolio/Project Management Office and Steering Committee as well as the creation, oversight and enforcement of governing policies and procedures.
- Introduced effective visual metrics to the PMO allowing the Senior Leadership to understand departmental bottlenecks which were impairing the businesses ability to deliver effetely to the client, resulting in key groups within my department to proportional increase with the business.
- Engaged the business in multiple end-to-end business process redesign efforts with a new focus on inputs and outputs on the processes they were redesigning, resulting in the implementation of new methodologies and technology to increase efficiency and reducing cost while increasing client quality.
Confidential, Lansdale, PA
Sr. Program/Project Manager
- Implemented a change to the project PMO organization project strategy whereas the project was structured that each division was assigned their own dedicated PM planning their global rollout, in actuality each Merck site was comprised of multiple divisions. Therefore the change I suggested and was implemented was for all PM’s to coordinate their site rollouts to sync up and send the deployment team onsite once, rather than rollout Windows 7 and Office 2010 two to 4 times, therefore reducing the cost of the rollout in both time and overall cost.
Confidential, Wilmington, De
Sr. IT Project Manager
- Introducing a new business process management methodology of not just documenting the single process, but also including the input and output processes to uncover any gaps in the gray areas. The result was several gaps were discovered and processes were put into place adding to the ease of transition to the new process for the users.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Regional IT Manager
- Consolidation of 3 global helpdesks, help desk incident management systems and vendors into one global helpdesk utilizing the ITIL based Remedy 7.5 Incident Management and Change management, Problem Management suite. Allowing ~20,000 employees a self-service web portal (Remedy SRM) to submit and track their reported issues.
- Project Manager for the offshore project to move Confidential Helpdesk and Remote Desktop Support to India.
- Managed a Global Sales Force Automation project to upgrade 1200 laptops and associated applications.
- Responsible for staffing and managing (Including SOW and vendor negotiations) the successful on-time and under budget completion of a project to completely replace 4200 computers and 120 servers at 45 sites worldwide over a 2 year time frame.