- Over 8.5+ years of IT experience.
- Experienced in Analysis, Design, Development, Quality Analysis, Performance tuning, Maintenance and Production Support.
- Healthcare Information Technology Specialist.
- Idea Generation and Process Improvement Expert.
- Advance problem solving, Troubleshooting and debugging.
- Domain experience in Confidential for 8 years.
- Around 8.5 years of Mainframe experience in COBOL, JCL, DB2, IMS, REXX and other IBM utilities.
- Experienced in creating JCL and JCL PROCs using various JCL utilities like DFSORT, FILEAID, IEBCOPY, IEBGENER, IEBCOMPR and ICETOOL.
- Extensive knowledge in onsite offshore model of working.
- Experienced in creating High Level Design, Detailed Design and Functional Requirement documents.
- Strong experience in DB2 application like cursor (Declare, Open, Fetch), SQL query optimization
- Having an Attitude of willing to learn, accept the challenging environment and confidence in delivering the results within timelines by constantly motivating the concerned teams to provide the best solutions to the clients.
- Scheduling/allocating/monitoring work among the team and being responsible for the successful delivery of the entire project/sub - project(s).
- Good experience working with offshore teams and ability to train the team members on process and technology updates in the project by conducting Knowledge sharing sessions and regular telecom meetings, and extensive knowledge in onsite offshore model of working.
- Have experienced in the functions of Healthcare policy administration, billing, Renewals, claims processing, customer letter generations process.
Operating systems: Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista/10, MVS Z/OS
Languages: COBOL, JCL, C
Tools: Endevor, OPC, FileAid, REXX, CICS, NDM, SPUFI, STROBE, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook), HP Service Manager, HP Servicenow, HP ALM, HP Quality assurance, HP Servicedesk, Appwatch
Databases: DB2, IMS DB/DC
Onsite Technical Lead
- Requirement Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, Deployment and Documentation.
- Interacting with Business leads for better understanding of the current system issues.
- Impact analysis of the new requirement or change request on the existing programs initiated by the client.
- Designing New components using COBOL and DB2 Database design concepts.
- Performing performance testing for batch programs using STROBE set up.
- Coordinating the offshore activities and providing them guidance on day to day activities.
- Participating in Internal Audits and External Reviews.
- Involved in the implementation of these changes in production by packaging the application etc.
- Involved in warranty Support for the releases
- Generating metrics on the performance of the system.
- Ensured uninterrupted Clients Business functionality.
- Redesigned existing application batch process then and there to ensure increased availability for end customers.
- Successfully deployed various application enhancements in Healthcare provider application.
- Developed various tools and controls to ensure accuracy of Policy enrolment and billing.
- Managed certain application release in a Release manager role.
- Involved in Successful release planning activities.
- Worked closely with business analysts, supervisors, managers, developers, and database
Team Lead & Developer
- Developed programs using COBOL
- Responsible for creating High level Design (HLD) document, Estimation analysis document.
- Worked on Production Fixes.
- Analysis, Coding, Unit Testing, Regression Testing, Implementation of the new requirements.
- Review the code and preparing the KT session for team members.
- Developed JCL’s, JCL procedures as per the client standards
- Conducting meetings with Onsite team to review the program specification, design document & estimation.
- Analysis and development of enhancement requests.
- Project environment included COBOL 2, DB2.
- Provided 24/7 on-call support and resolved technical issues.
- Analysed the job log and resolved production ABENDs; performed impact analysis to resolve user queries.
- Analysed, designed and created new JCL JOBs, PROCs for daily, monthly & yearly Reporting purposes.
- Performed Root cause analysis to identify the cause of issues in the Production environment.
- Provided technical leadership and business training on various projects.
- Actively participated with the team to discuss technical or design ideas during project development process.
- Successfully led seven members team to address day to day issues faced by customers in the application.
- Reduced processing time for several processes from hours to few minutes by fine tuning.
- Applied various healthcare laws for redesigning and supporting the UHG application time to time.
- Subject matter expert in concepts such as Healthcare Policy Rating and Renewals.