- Highly motivated hands on architect / technology tinkerer with passion to deliver end - to-end business value across an enterprise.
- Experienced working with stakeholders to develop architecture frameworks that aligns strategy, processes, and IT assets with business goals.
- Experienced with working closely with project managers, developers, and stakeholders to avoid redundancy, minimize expenditures, and improve overall reusability of IT assets within organization.
- In-depth experience establishing best practices and guidelines for selecting, developing, and implementing information systems within enterprise.
- Acute knowledge of application / data architecture, robotics process automation, machine learning, API management, and architecting for cloud.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Well versed in executing proofs-of-concept for critical enterprise capabilities, including building business case with costs, benefits, and efficiency measures.
Operating Systems: HP-UX, Red Hat Linux, Windows 2003, Windows XP
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MongoDB
Business Intelligence: BusinessObjects, Microsoft Analysis Services and Reporting Services, Cognos, Qlikview
Data Integration: Informatica, MSIS, Tibco BW, Apigee, Oracle Service Bus / SOA / BPM stack
Others: ERWin, PowerDesigner, MetaCenter, Microsoft Office Products, Unix Shell Scripts, Perl, Awk, XML, XML Schemas, XMLSpy, Rapid SQL, SQL Navigator, TOAD, JDeveloper, Eclipse, Oracle RAC, Sharepoint, Visual Studio .Net, Microsoft CRM, TIBCO, Oracle BPM/SOA, ServiceNow, Blue Prism, Work Fusion, UIPath, Apigee, Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub
- Responsible for defining a reference architecture for Robotic Process Automation. This included identifying ideal candidates for proof of concept for Blue Prism. Leading an effort to instantiate Blue Prism platform to support digital workplace and buildout of RPA COE.
- Successfully setup enterprise API management strategy which included selection of API management tool, creation of API first architecture methodology, and leading the effort realize API strategy using Apigee platform.
- Responsible for leading a team to implement strategic revenue generating solution - providing patients ability to save on products. The implemented solution used API first architecture methodology and cloud platform to successfully deliver text based coupons on a smart phone.
- Responsible for defining reference architecture for the Digital Enterprise. The reference architecture covers business capabilities to support process management, digital experience, interoperability, information management, integrations, and analytics.
- Successfully implemented directory as a service offering within enterprise to allow third party authentication / authorization. The solution used API first architecture methodology, and allowed solution teams to rapidly implement ability for 3rd party to use company’s hosted application.
- Responsible for managing several Big Data platform strategic requirements for the company. This included centralizing enterprise data operations, security, backup and disaster recovery.
- Presently working on a solution to track various architecture deliverables in a central repository. The solution will allow IT organization ability to document current state architecture, future state architecture and process for building roadmaps - based on TOGAF.
- Tasked with identifying low cost opportunity for enterprise metadata repository to track business applications and their relationship to various technology components. The tracking tool was needed to facilitate one of the largest separations of data centers. Designed and developed an innovative application for tracking and managing information about business application and its technical components. The responsibility included creation of conceptual, logical and physical data models, requirements facilitation with the migration teams to understand the need, and implementation of the actual solution. The solution was used to manage separation activities for migration of business applications from Abbott’s data center to Confidential ’s data center.
- Lead an effort to operationalize CMDB on Service Now. This included reuse of design for enterprise metadata repository, auto discovery of assets in network, and strategy to relate business services, business application, and various component of physical architecture.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to synchronize reference data across multiple systems. Designed and developed integration pattern based publish/subscribe method to eliminate the manual reference data entry. This opportunity led to Enterprise Reference Data Store (RDS) for the Integration program to support the manual synchronization of reference data across enterprise.
- Responsible for designing patient care solution using AWS services such as API Gateway, Lamdba functions, and SNS / SQS. Patient care solution included use of IoT device with integration to cloud solution.
- Responsible for identifying enterprise service bus (ESB) and business process management platforms within pharmaceutical group. This involved execution of proof of concepts for Tibco, Oracle, and Confidential . Successfully architected and implemented solutions on Oracle BPM/SOA/OSB platform within pharmaceutical group.
Enterprise Information Architect
- Responsible for defining business intelligence strategy to support business needs related to customer relationship management.
- Gathered business requirements, working closely with business users, project leaders and developers. Analyzed the business requirements and designed conceptual and logical data models. Enforced naming standards and data dictionary for the data models.
- Architected and implemented Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server (MOSS) infrastructure involving small web farm. This included setup of web-front end servers and database server.
- Designed and developed several customizations for the Sharepoint sites. This included development of web parts, events and workflows. All were developed using C# and Sharepoint Designer.
- Designed a star schema data mart data model for the CRM system. Also developed ETL processes to load the data mart using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Designed and developed various enterprise business intelligence reports using Sql Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Responsible for the management and administration of enterprise systems SQL Server (2005) databases.
- Designed a solution to manage hub-and-spoke approach for using SQL Server replication technology to synchronize data between SQL Server express (spoke) and SQL Server Standard (hub).
Senior Data Architect
- Defined enterprise metadata strategy. This involved identifying requirements and performing proof-of-concept with the metadata vendors (Metacenter and Ab Initio EME). The metadata solution provided information and integration for the following systems: Sql Server, DB2 Mainframe, Oracle, Teradata, Cognos, Erwin and ER/Studio. The strategy was successfully implemented.
- Defined data access strategy for the enterprise data. The strategy covered standardization of common methods of access to the data stores to allow reuse, ensure performance improvements, reduce maintenance costs, conform to compliance/security, and improve time to market.
Enterprise Information Architect
- Held leadership responsibility and created strategic roadmap for information management, data warehouse and BI initiatives. Collaborated with business and technology teams to provide enterprise data & BI solutions.
- Established data architecture and BI best practices, standards and data models; recommended data warehouse and reporting performance-tuning techniques.
- Generated 80%+ performance gain for enterprise BI systems and by strengthening data warehouse database systems.
- Instituted end-to-end technical guidance and end state roadmaps for various financial services data marts.
- Partnered with stakeholders to identify business problems and develop state-of-the-art solutions aligned with business objectives. Provided data warehouse & BI technology vision, roadmaps and blue prints and project plans.
- Created enterprise data model by defining enterprise business entities and their relationships
- Designed logical and physical data model for the customer data integration hub initiative to support consolidation of customer data for exposing financial information to the customers. Designed Informatica PowerCenter ETL processes to load the customer data hub setup on Oracle Database.
- Defined unique customer identifier strategy. Identified processes and application touch points on how customers’ information was modified. Recommended solution to uniquely track customer identities within customer integration hub with the data quality tools.
- Defined and developed various data management processes for working with structured data, unstructured data and semi-structure data for the enterprise. This involved working with Sharepoint Portal for document management, processing of unstructured data and semi-structure (XML) data using Informatica PowerCenter.
- Defined enterprise data quality strategy and implementation plan. This involved identifying requirements, and performed proof of concept with the data quality tools from FirstLogic, Trillium, Dataflux, and Informatica. The strategy covered benefits and ROI for data quality. Dataflux was chosen as enterprise data quality tool.
- Defined enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence strategy. The strategy provided vision, benefits, definitions and functions, best practices, architecture, ER versus Dimensional Modeling recommendations, and metadata integration.
- Performed analysis of data modeling tools. The tools covered in this analysis were the leading tools used by small to large IT organizations, specifically Rational Rose Data Modeler, ERwin, PowerDesigner, and ER/Studio.
- Researched and documented a technique for modeling time spans with a large data warehouse fact tables. During the test phase, an improvement of 300% was shown with the twin time span modeling in data warehouse environment.
- Data Warehouse Metadata Project: Identified business requirements, performed the proof of concept with the various ETL and metadata tools such as Informatica PowerCenter and Confidential Datastage. Recommended purchase of vendor solution from Informatica. Collected business metadata for data warehouse tables. The project implementation provided metadata, improved integration performance by 200%, and validated the data.
- Implemented Informatica PowerCenter 5 (and upgraded to 6 and 7). Installed and converted data warehouse 200 ETL scripts to use PowerCenter. Maintained Powercenter server for the enterprise.
- Responsible for design, administration and management of enterprise data warehouse. This included properly modeling and designing 2 terabyte data warehouse to enable easy, natural end-user access, and optimized data access.
- Researched various data quality issues within enterprise data warehouse. Developed a plan to improve data quality in data warehouse. Implemented this plan ensuring the quality of data was maintained.
- Reviewed business requests for new data for the data warehouse, conducted interviews with the business users, and identified business requirements. Designed data model for the new data requirements, created the project plan for the implementation, and managed implementation of new data requirements.
- Designed data model for Milestone data mart. This data mart tracked various touch points for a credit application from the time it's received to the time it's funded. Included dimensions such as product, dealer, analyst and also some pre-defined measures such as turn time of first decision and turn time of funding approval.
- Designed a star schema data model for an outbound customer calls datamart. This allowed business to report on dialer information (outbound calls) and provided integrated reporting for business to assess performance of the agents and the group, allowing them to manage the teams more effectively.
- Managed post implementation and enhancement work for the Administrative Accounting System implemented at Illinois Department of Employment Security. Defined the project plan, the costs and delivered the completion of project within the time constraints. Charged with responsibility to complete the tasks identified for the post implementation work.
- Directly managed a team of 8 professionals, assigned project tasks, managed the expectations, and ensured that the entire tasks were completed within the timeframe defined.
- Managed design, development, implementation, and maintenance of data warehouse and business intelligence tools for Administrative Accounting System for Illinois Department of Employment Security. Also defined the data model for the data warehouse.
- Identified hardware and software requirements for the data warehouse, implemented hardware and software.
- Conducted business interviews, identified data and reporting requirements, and documented the requirements.
- Directly managed three developers for the implementation of data warehouse and development of 100+ BI reports.
- Developed training material for using data warehouse and trained business users of the data warehouse.
- Designed data model and data architecture for the enterprise data warehouse for Illinois Office of Comptroller.
- Designed and developed web based business intelligence solution for the data warehouse. This implementation allows public to find budgets, revenues, expenses and payments for the State of Illinois using the web. Designed developed ETL processes for the data warehouse. Designed and developed enhancements to the web-based interface to the data warehouse.