5 years of success in delivery of technical strategies and solutions to fit the business needs and goals that have consistently led to increased revenue, customer retention and productivity, decreased operating expenses and error rates, improved business processes, and better quality systems.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Worked on building with OBIEE Repository at 3 layers i.e., Physical Layer, Business Model and mapping Layer and Presentation Layer.
- Create/Modify Metadata repository (rpd) as per the data requirements by using Oracle BI Analytics Server Admin tool.
- Worked with Business Groups to identify, analyze, and document Business Requirements.
- Created Business Facts, Dimensions and defined Logical relation between them at the Business model and mapping layer.
- Worked on setting up Dimensional Hierarchy.
- Extensively worked on IBots using OBIEE Delivers to create alerts based on results.
- Identified and created aggregate tables to improve query performance.
- Created Aggregate level and level based measures.
- Created Web - groups for security purpose with access privileges.
- Created Dashboards & Answers.
- Created Time Series measures Year ago, Month Ago, Year-to-date measures using AGO and To Date functions.
- Involved in setting up Ibots to run reports at scheduled time for Cache Seeding to Improve Query Performance using Caching.
- Created dimensions in the Business model & Mapping layer.
- Assigned Data level & UI level security to the Users.
- Managed security privileges for each subject area and dashboard according to user requirements.
- Customized Reports look and Feel using Column Formatting, Conditional formatting.
- Customized Dashboard reports using drill-down capabilities.
- Worked on cache purging strategy using event-polling table cache purging technique.
- Created filters using repository variables, Presentation variables.
- Also created saved filters that can be reused by multiple reports.
- Migrated Analytics RPD and Web catalog from one environment to another.
- Designed and Developed Custom Mappings and Workflows in Informatics to bring the data from other data source systems and Integrated using Universal Adapters in DAC.
- Monitored Incremental and Full load of Data through Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC) and
- Informatics Workflow Monitor.
- Involved in Integrating Oracle BI Presentation Services with BI Publisher.
- Interacted with procurement and operation/maintenance business representatives for gathering the OBIEE reports/Dashboards requirements and to define business and functional specifications.
- Involved in translating functional requirement into technical requirements.
- Conducted research and analysis of business requirement problems and available technologies to define system solutions that increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create Confidential data model, tables indexes, views, materialized views, synonyms, sequences for better performance of DB.
- Utilized Oracle Data Integrator to develop and integrate Master, Work Repositories, data migration, quality and profiling.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Strong coding and designing experience in Oracle PL/SQL & SQL and used Database utility tools like SQL Navigator, SQL Plus, TOAD, SQL Developer.
- Programming experience using PL/SQL Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors, Constraints, Triggers, Indexes (B - tree Index, Bitmap Index), Views, Materialized Views and Database Links.
- Experience in writing dynamic SQL Statements using EXECUTE IMMEDIATE and DBMS SQL.
- Experience in developing Joins, Indexes and sequences.
- Experience in FTP to SFTP migrations.
- Extensive knowledge in Oracle Cursor management, REF Cursors.
- Expertise in working with oracle supplied packages such as DBMS SQL, DBMS JOB, UTL FILE, UTL MAIL and DBMS SCHEDULER.
- Experience in query optimization, performance and tuning (PL/SQL) using SQL Trace, Explain Plan, STATSPACK, TKPROF, Indexing, Hints, Bulk Bind, Bulk Collect, Creation of global temporary tables and table partitioning.
- Skilled in Unix Shell Scripting. Created load scripts in Korn shell called by scheduler (Crontab and Autosys), to format and transfer data from various platforms and databases.
- Good exposure to DBA routine tasks like managing users, roles, privileges, schema and objects, developing PL/SQL triggers for user access audit.
- Knowledge in data migration activities like Export and Import utilities, Bulk copy processing (BCP), data scrubbing using Oracle Data Pump and SQL *Loader.
- Worked on analytical functions like RANK and DENSE RANK.
- Used Cursor Variables (Ref Cursors) to pass query results sets between PL/SQL programs and client application.
- Excellent Java development skills using Html, CSS, Java Script, Core Java, J2EE, Groovy, Grails framework.
- Experience in designing and consuming Java web services for Soap and Restful webservices.
- Experience in test automation and frameworks.
- Worked on set operators in PL/SQL like Union, Union all, Intersect and Minus.
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like Bulk Copy Program (BCP), and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience in developing Map Reduce Programs using Apache Hadoop for analyzing the Big Data as per the requirement.
- Experience on User-defined and System defined exceptions to handle different types of Errors like NO DATA FOUND, TOO MANY ROWS, and PRAGMA EXCEPTION INIT etc.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for OLAP.
- Strong knowledge with PL/SQL Wrapper to protect the Packages, Functions and Stored Procedures.
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) including analysis, Physical and Logical Design, Code Development, Testing, Implementing and Maintenance.
- Used existing processes and procedures for application deployment and provided 24x7 production support as Primary.
- Skilled in mapping client's business requirements and translating test requirements into technical specifications.
- Delta monitoring project documentation and identifying&fixingbugs.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skills and strong ability to perform as part of a team.
Help Desk Analyst
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provides excellent software help desk support; 90% phone & 10% floor support.
- Monitor Help Desk voicemail and email for real time tickets.
- Provides call logging, effective problem resolution, & tracking for all trouble calls via ticketing system. Provide installation, configuration, troubleshooting and support for MS Windows XP and other operating systems; MS Office applications, MS Outlook, Lotus Notes, Symantec Anti - Virus, Internet browsers (e.g., IE, Firefox), Citrix, Adobe Acrobat.
- Ensures proper turnover and follow-up of open tickets and help desk calls that require escalation to next level of support.
- Creates a positive client relationship experience by listening effectively in order to understand and process client requests in a timely fashion.
- Provides professional and positive image of IT department to user community.
- Thoroughly researches technical issues and problems and exhausts own resources before escalating.