Nineteen (19) years of functional and project management experience in both information technology (IT) and management consulting initiatives; holder of PMP and AWS certifications. Systems analysis background includes extensive experience with the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) on a wide range of IT projects to include health, cybersecurity, and anti - fraud.
SENIOR COMPUTER SYSTEMS ANALYST/MANAGER
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Serves as Technical and Data Analytics Lead to create the requirements, design, and system specifications for projects deploying data analysis tools. These data analysis efforts focus on the creation of solutions for cybersecurity, anti-fraud, and infrastructure diagnostics, and involve the use of big data products such as SAS and Splunk.
- Leads team to create requirements, software code, and systems design for the SAS implementation of a data analytics tool to identify cases of internal fraud. Develops SAS Base Programming and PROC SQL code using SAS Enterprise Guide (SAS) and SAS Studio; designated as an “Established User” by SAS. Also develops supporting PERL regular expressions, as well as SQL queries against Oracle and DB2 databases. Performs reverse engineering of legacy COBOL code to research and develop undocumented requirements.
- Refines anti-fraud models to improve accuracy and reduce the reporting of false-positives; these modifications have resulted in a 90% drop in false-positives which has significantly reduced the downstream workload of fraud case investigators.
- Managed a security credentialing system requirements and validation project using HP’s Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) software. The effort has resulted in end-to-end traceability of business requirements, functional requirements, test cases, and defects.
- Managed the technical writing effort of the Information Security Policy for a Federal agency, to include the systems and technical directives for a nationwide audience.
- Managed and turned around two underperforming work orders into highly productive efforts preventing the loss of sales and eventually increasing assigned follow-on business.
- Designed, wrote, and executed searches in Splunk, as a Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) tool, to analyze cybersecurity metrics and identify coverage gaps in network protection appliances. Wrote Splunk Processing Language (SPL), SQL, XML, and regular expressions to develop advanced queries.
- Developed Splunk searches to detect indicators of zero-day attacks and cases where downloaded malware evaded signature-based detection. These searches distilled a daily Internet traffic flow of 100 million records a day down to 100 records having the highest risk of malware.
- Employed Splunk functionality, and wrote custom SQL, PERL, and XML code, to develop dashboards of key cybersecurity metrics to support Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) reporting, trend analysis, and anomaly detection.
- Designed, wrote, and executed searches in Splunk to analyze infrastructure alerts and create Splunk dashboards to provide a compact evaluation of the overall health of the system. Developed additional Splunk searches to establish behavioral baselines and detect anomalies in the network environment based on User Behavior Analytics (UBA).
- Wrote the Detailed Functional Requirements, Project Scope Agreement, and Business Process Description for the security role and profile management system of a Federal agency.
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Developed functional requirements for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) project to enable business partners to access CMS applications. These requirements established the creation of user security roles to enforce need-to-know access and also detailed the Web services used for authorization and authentication processes.
- Developed data provisioning requirements for the migration of a CMS mainframe legacy system to an Oracle-based system. This provisioning ensured that actions to create, modify, and delete user information in the new system were initiated and centrally controlled through Oracle Identity Manager (OIM).
- Developed system requirements, through the analysis of existing business requirements and introduction of enhancements, to develop a modernized interface for an Oracle-based system supporting over 15 CMS applications.
- Developed System Design Reviews used to walkthrough application pages and illustrate new application features to CMS; these reviews were later used for user acceptance testing (UAT) by a wide range of CMS business owners and external users.
- Mapped CMS business requirements to system requirements to identify gaps, develop the requirements traceability matrix (RTM), and ensure downstream alignment with the test cases; this alignment was enforced using HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
REQUIREMENTS TEAM LEAD
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Led requirements team in collaborating with the CMS/Center for Medicaid and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) business owners to translate policy provisions into business requirements in support of Affordable Care Act ( Confidential ) software applications supporting Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs).
- Led requirements team in the development of functional requirements and interface control documents (ICDs) in support of health insurance software applications; these artifacts were developed in accordance with CMS Expedited Lifecycle (XLC) processes and templates. Requirements included the development of pseudo-SQL for use by extract, load, and transform (ETL) processes.
- Created and managed the change control process to ensure that new CMS requirements were systemically evaluated and understood by project stakeholders; determined the impact and level of effort of each change request and negotiated priorities with the customer.
- Provided consultation to a U.S. Department of Agriculture partner to develop a security solution for a new proposal-processing software application in the cloud. Advised the organization on the deployment of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Identity and Access Management (IAM) to manage authentication and authorization, establish security groups, and limit access to certain internet protocol (IP) addresses.
- Drafted responses to program initiatives including the Software Engineering Management Plan, Cost Plus Award Fees, and Capability Maturity Model (CMM).
PROJECT TEAM LEAD/ SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Hands-on involvement in over 20 full software development lifecycle (SDLC) IT projects, several receiving top-rated customer satisfaction scores by the University of Michigan's American Customer Satisfaction Index ( Confidential ) for E-Government.
- Led staff of 12 analysts and developers through the planning, construction, validation, integration, and production of several Internet applications for use by a nationwide audience; all projects were on time and on schedule, and met all specifications.
- Led IT consulting teams in the analysis and development of business & technical requirements for several Web-enabled enterprise systems.
- Developed requirements documentation to include functional and non-functional requirements, data mappings, visual models, systems integration designs, and requirements traceability matrices (RTMs); performed version control of project artifacts using automated configuration management tools.
- Conducted user interviews and led JAD sessions to develop process models and use cases.
- Developed and documented requirements processes that directly contributed to a successful Capability Maturity Model (CMM) Level III audit result.
- Created original content including the development of project management procedures, evaluation of architectural alternatives, and analysis to support authorization, authentication, infrastructure, and back-end integration processes.
- Mentored and trained junior analysts in requirements analysis methodologies.
- Reverse-engineered Java, Visual Basic (VB), and COBOL software applications from their source codes to rewrite and transition software applications to new modernized platforms.
- Interviewed, screened, and selected candidates for IT positions; developed work plans and coordinated updates with client in response to changing project needs.
- Recruited personnel by representing the corporation at job fairs and open houses.
- Developed project scope agreements (PSAs), project plans, schedules, software development plans (SDPs), communications plans, budgets, metrics, risk management plans, and contract closeout reports.
- Designed and developed an Internet program management strategy to include project portfolio management; presented and accepted by C-level officials.
- Created variance reports of actual vs. planned resource usage to determine burn rates.
- Utilized wide variety of tools to include DOORS, Rational RequisitePro, Quality Center, MS Project, SharePoint, and MKS Source Integrity.
PROJECT MANAGER/REQUIREMENTS ANALYST
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
- Managed Intranet project from planning to final deployment for health care client. Finished project on budget and ahead of schedule.
- Managed database project to support workflow processing for financial services client.
- Performed project liaison at financial services client site with Marketing, Retail, and IT divisions; coordinated communications and activities between business and IT units and developed strong business alliances with key internal stakeholders.
- Developed Requests for Information (RFI) for distribution to Electronic Forms vendors; successfully conducted package evaluations and total cost analyses of vendor solutions.
PROJECT MANAGER/SENIOR MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Led, organized, and executed several data collection and analysis efforts; developed data validation techniques to discover errors in retrieved data which went unchecked for years.
- Managed enterprise Internet project at client site through various stages of SDLC to include scoping, analysis of business requirements, development of technical specifications, and design; provided ongoing risk management to ensure timely milestone completion.
- Briefed C-level agency officials on high-visibility projects and drafted press releases and reports to state government officials.
- Successfully researched and wrote justification for increased funding of IT projects; provided ongoing risk management to ensure timely milestone completion.
- Developed several new business opportunities through re-sales, add-on contracts, and the identification of suitable Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
- Published article on organizational analysis in The Business Monthly.
CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Confidential, Fort Meade, MD
- Managed staff of eight personnel responsible for corporate initiatives to include strategic planning, metrics development, and management consulting projects.
- Led, organized, and executed several data collection and analysis projects to reveal trends and patterns that translated into actionable information. Employed statistical correlation and regression analysis techniques to establish cause-and-effect relationships.
- Applied slice-and-dice and drill-down approaches to analyze data using the Cognos business intelligence tool.
- Developed performance measures and balanced scorecards for several diverse information services processes and consulted as Subject Matter Expert in these areas.
- Developed cross-functional measurement models to statistically establish the impact of various resource constraints on process performance.
- Developed model to statistically correlate several human resource practices to lateral transfer rates; this led to the first cost-benefit analyses of training and incentive programs.
- Managed senior executive reviews of data and analyses to support decision-making processes and provide early warning of developing problems through the analysis of trends.
- Facilitated strategic planning and C-Level executive focus group sessions.
- Developed and presented management modules to classes of middle and senior managers including the first corporate course dealing with performance measurement and metrics.
BUSINESS INFORMATION PROJECT MANAGER
Confidential, Fort Meade, MD
- Managed an agency-wide organizational assessment project from initial planning to final publication by coordinating the efforts of over 300 personnel.
- Developed organizational models aligning client strategic goals with business processes, IT systems, and budgets to support executive decision-making.
- Penned several original analyses for use by senior executives in the corporate strategic planning process; these analyses were later adopted by external consulting groups.
- Published several innovative quality management guides and articles for distribution throughout the federal government.
- Facilitated strategic planning and focus group sessions in support of corporate initiatives.
- Developed several original analyses for use by senior C-level executives in the corporate strategic planning process; these analyses were later adopted by external consulting groups.
- Created and managed a process to link strategic plans, business plans, and budgeting processes; created prioritization process to support effective resource allocation decisions.
- Advised several federal agencies on strategic planning and the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA).
- Selected and served as a National Examiner for the President’s Quality Award, the Federal Government’s equivalent of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.