- Over 18 years in IT experience including over 10 years of experience in DW/BI Architect and Engineer.
- Experience on all phases of Data Warehouse/BI (Tableau, Jaspersoft, Pentaho, Looker, OBIEE, Cognos) development, Testing, Implementation lifecycle from gathering requirements.
- Data Modeling (Logical and Physical Data Models) and Data Integration for EDW.
- Big Data Hadoop Technology (HDFS, Map Reduce, Yarn, Hive, Pig, Hbase, Spark)
- Experience with Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume & HDFS.
- Expertise in designing and developing ETL processes using Hadoop (Map Reduce).
- Experience with AWS EC2/S3/EMR/Redshift/RDS on the Cloud Service.
- Familiar with Master Data Management (MDM).
- Programming and scripting (Unix script/Python/Java/Xml) .
- Exceptional background in analysis, design, development, test, and implementation of DWH, BI Environment with Multi Dimensional, Slowly Changing Dimension(SCD) Type 1, 2, and 3 as well as Changed Data Capture(CDC) with Kimball methodology (Star/Snowflake Schemas)
- Designed MDM, ODS, Staging, Multi Dimensional, Fact, Data Mart tables.
- Demonstrated expertise on various ETL tools (SSIS, Talend, Informatica, Pentaho DI, Oracle DI, DataStage, and PL/SQL).
- Advised and consulted for technical groups on ETL best practices.
- Manage daily support activities to include Business Intelligence and Reporting.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of business requirement
- Team lead/player with good communication and problem solving skills
- Leads the implementation of effective solutions in data integration
- Strong analytic, problem solving, and collaborative skills.
- Experience working in Agile model and Excellent analytical and technical skills
ETL Tools: Informatica v9, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) v10, DataStage v7/8, Cast Iron, Talend, Python, Pentahio Data Integrator, SSIS
Development tools: PL/SQL, Toad, SQL Developer/Data Modeler, SQL*Loader, Apex Data Loader, XML, HTML, T - SQL, Erwin, MySQL Workbench, MS Project, Visio, Powerpoint
BI Reporting Tool: Tableau, OBIEE, Cognos, Jaspersoft, Pentaho, Qlikview, Domo, Looker
DB Oracle: 10/11g, MySQL, AWS Redshift, Postgres SQL, MS SQL Server, and DB2
O/S: UNIX/Linux, Windows NT, Mainframe (IBM)
Confidential, Charlestown, MA
Senior Data Architect/Engineer
- MS SQL Server data warehouse modeling for Confidential Clinical data integration.
- Design Logical/Physical Data Model for Finance Performance, Benchmarks, Patient Care, and Physician Performance Analytics.
- Developed SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS, SSAS), Oracle and Talend ETL jobs.
- Created Tables, Views, Triggers, Partitions, and Building Stored Procedures with T-SQL.
- Monitoring Job activity of Daily/Monthly Batch Jobs on SQL Agent.
- Setup Big Data Hadoop Cluster with EC2/S3/EMR on AWS Cloud.
- Developed Hive, Pig, and Spark with Python scripts for Clinical/Patient/Physician Data Analytics.
- Designed and created tables on Amazon Redshift (AWS).
- Review existing Business Models on Cognos Framework Manager as well as Query/Report Studio.
Confidential, Somerville, MA
Data Warehouse/BI Architect
- Gathering/Analysis of Business Requirements from internal Marketing, Customer service Teams.
- Data Mapping to integrate with the Operational Data and other systems.
- Rebuild existing Enterprise Data Warehousing Architecture.
- Build Staging, ODS, and DWH Tables with partitioning and parallel.
- Build Data Model based on Kimball Methodology with Start/Snowflake schemas.
- Design DWH Tables with Dimension, Fact, and Aggregation Tables.
- Create MySQL/RDS and Aurora DB Instances in AWS.
- Setup Hadoop Cluster and Name/Data Nodes with YARN for HDFS.
- Develop Big Data (MapReduce, Pig, Hive, PySpark, Sqoop, and Flume) scripts.
- Create new cluster and nodes in AWS S3/Redshift with Postgres SQL.
- Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- Create Stored - procedures and SQL queries.
- Set up Data connection/Domain to various data sources in Jaspersoft Server.
- Creating BI Analytic Reporting (Ad hoc views, Reports, Dashboards).
- Created Talend Data Integrator/Big Data.
- Create new BI Analytic platform with Pentaho BI and DI.
- Managed Off-shore resources.
- Troubleshooting and Problem solving.
Technologies: BIG Data Hadoop Cluster (Hive, Pig, Spark, Python, Map/Reduce, Hortonworks) ETL Talend, MySQL, Workbench, Unix, Shell scripts., AWS RDS, Aurora DB, REST API, HTML, Python, Json, Java, Java Script
Confidential, Boston, MA
Senior BI/DW Architect and Lead
- Gather Business requirements for reporting, dashboard from Business Groups. Build Customer and Referral Data Models.
- Big Data (Hadoop, Java MR, Pig, Hive ) on Hortonworks.
- Create functional and technical design documents in Confluence.
- Configure/Develop ETL Job using Talend(Data Integrator, MDM), PL/SQL, and SQL*Loader.
- Create/maintain batch jobs scheduled by Cron / Active batch.
- Develop Budget Planning and Forecast upload process to EDW.
- Create Materialize views, Dimension, Fact tables, Triggers, and sequences.
- Construct Master Data Management(MDM) and Reference Data Management(RDM).
- Develop Data Source, Business Model, filters and packages in Cognos Framework Manager(v10.2).
- Create BI Ad-hoc reports using like Cognos, Tableau, and Jasper. Data Integration from multiple sources to EDW Environment.
Technologies: Hadoop Component(Pig, Hive, MapReduce, Tableau, Talend(DI, MDM), MS SQL Server, SSIS, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, MySQL, Cognos v10 (Framework, Report Studio, WorkSpace), JasperSoft, Big Data Hadoop (HDFS, HBASE, YARN, Map Reduce, Hive, Pig)SQL Plus, Toad, SQL Developer Data Modeler, SQL*Loader, Linux, Windows, Active Batch, CronJob Scheduler, Materialize View
Confidential, Boston, MA
Senior BI/DW OBIEE Consultant
- Analysis Business user’s requirements and build Logical and Physical Data Models with Star/Snowflake Schema.
- Design and development OBIEE Analysis, Dashboard & BI Publisher Reports using OBIEE 11g.
- Build Repository and Hierarchy in OBIEE Admin Tool (RPD).
- Development and Enhancement to load/extract data from ODS to DW schema using PL/SQL and SQL scripts as well as assisting other team members.
- Support business operations via OBIEE: investing defects or issues, assisting with usage tracking metrics, and updating existing BI Publisher report, analyses, dashboards.
- Create Unix/Linux Shell scripting regarding Clear case and AutoSys job scheduler
- Ensure that all incidents and requests are resolved and handled promptly and in order of priority.
- Created Informatica Mapping Jobs to load data from Operational system to DWH.
Technologies: Oracle 11g, Informatica Power center, OBIEE, BI Publisher, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Toad, SQL Developer, SQL*Loader, Unix, Windows XML, SharePoint
Confidential, Chelmsford, MA
BI/DW ETL Lead/Architect
- Worked closely with Business users to understand their data needs and translate requirements into ETL design and integration workflows.
- Identifies requirements, defines scope, performs cost benefit analysis, and develops conceptual specifications to address complex business issues and problems.
- Analysis and Design Data Modeling (Physical / Logical Data Model) for Revenue Forecast, Booking, and Sales Models.
- Design Functional/Technical Specifications based on the Business Requirements.
- Build BI Metadata Repository in OBIEE Admin Tool
- Build Answers and Dashboards for Revenue Forecast Model in OBIEE.
- Design Dimensional and Fact tables in Star/Snowflake Schema.
- Create Staging Area, DW and Aggregated, Data Mart tables with SCD Type 1, 2 and 3.
- Create Oracle PL/SQL, Materialized views and functions for ETL and OBIEE.
- Create Physical, Logical Architecture and Repository in Topology Manager.
- Create Data Model, Data Store and Project in Designer.
- Develop/manage ETL Informatica Repository, Mapping, Workflow in Batch Schedules/Ad-hoc Processing.
- Performance Tuning on ETL - Informatica mapping/workflows, PL/SQL, SQL scripts.
- Provide Strong Technical Leadership on projects with working independently.
- Possesses strong Data Warehouse/ETL Architecture concepts and knowledge.
- Build strong relationships with other project members and 3rd party consultants.
- Utilize 3rd party development tools for System/Data Integration.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to Continuous Improvement in the areas of process and technology.
- Troubleshooting and resolve end user issues and problems.
Technologies: ODI v10, Informatica Power Center v9, DAC, Oracle 11g, OBIEE, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Toad, SQL Developer, SQL*Loader, Linux, Erwin, MS SQL Server, T-SQL
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Analysis and configure the ETL system to convert from Informatica to Datastage.
- Design and develop ETL (Datastage, Informatica), PL/SQL, Store procedures, configuration files, tables, views, and functions; implement best practices to maintain optimal performance.
- Advising other groups in organization on ETL development, data warehouse development, and ETL development best practices.
- Conduct code walkthroughs and review peer code and documentation.
- Build efficient ETLs and Test scripts for processing data load from financial system/Payroll/HR to EPM as well as 3rd Party system.
- Establish shell scripts/runsheets of ETL jobs for Batch Process via Control-M.
- Work with other developers, DBAs, and systems support personnel in elevating and automating successful code to production.
- Provide on-call support to production system to resolve any issues.
- Improved the performance on weekly data load process from 6 hours to 1 hour.
Technologies: Informatica Power Center v7, DataStage v7/8, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Toad, SQL Developer, SQL*Loader, Unix, Erwin
Confidential, Boston, MA
Senior ETL Consultant
- Designed Data Model, ODS layers, Data Warehousing, and Data Mart Tables for Dashboard Scorecards.
- Developed Informatica ETLs to interface data from FIN/HR/Hyperion/CRM to EPM.
- Customized/Developed Application Engines, SQRs, PS Query, and SQL Scripts.
- Setup Record Metadata and defined Dimension/Fact Tables for DWH and Data Mart.
- Provided technical and functional support with production support for PeopleSoft EPM with HR, Financial, and CRM system.
- Identifying, defining, and implementing new processes as required to business needs.
- Reconciled the data b/w PeopleSoft Financial/HR/CRM and EPM.
- Troubleshooting system issues for PeopleSoft EPM and Financial 8.4 (GL, AR, AP, BI, Project) applications.
- Created Test scripts and results.
- Report Query writing /development, and maintenances
Technologies: Informatica Power Center v7, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Toad, SQL Developer, SQL*Loader, UNIX, Erwin v7
- Implemented PeopleSoft v8.3/8.8 (HR, Global Payroll Interface System, Benefits).
- Production support for interface processes via FTP, XCOM, and XML on Global Payroll System.
- Analyzed, designed Tech spec, and developed batch process (SQR), on line process.
- (PeopleCode, App Engine) for MPC Compensation, Job code change, Mass change, and Terminated EE list, etc.
- Enhanced Work Location, Expatriate EE Payroll, Personal data change, Cash awards, Cost Center with PeopleCode, PeopleTools, App Engines.
- Created new PS queries and updated existing queries for user’s needs.
- Resolved HR problem tickets, Troubleshooting, Performance Monitoring.
- On call production support.
- Implemented on PeopleSoft EPM V8.8/CRMv8.4 - fixed and enhanced on issues and defects in CDM, Sales, Marketing, and Support modules.
- Developed/Modified Interface Job Processes from Existing Custom Data (CRM) into EPM (ODS Layer) via ETL (Ascential Datastage) tool for consolidated data - Incremental/Destructive.
- Maintenance interface process from 3rd party XML file to PeopleSoft EPM.
- Created Dimension, Fact, Error, Temporary tables for EPM Data Warehousing.
- Created Metadata, Table map, Data map, Data Loader Process with EPM (App Engine) Engine.
- Designed Technical specs and built Data loader processes from ODS layers into Data Warehouse Tables (Dimension/Fact Tables, etc) on Product, Issue, Advisor modules, etc.
- Developed/Customized Application Engines, SQR and Crystal Reports for marketing/sales.
- Created many Lookup Views and SQL objects for Daily/Weekly/Monthly Reports.
- Created run control pages/menu for the new custom reports and set up in process scheduler.
- Wrote unit test plan and support to functional analysts to create the PS Queries.
- Fixing critical defects and performance monitoring on data loading processes.
- Developed Black Berry (Mobile Sales) interface system between SQL server and PeopleSoft CRM.
- Successfully implemented for EPM v8.8.
- Created several complex reports for Marketing and Sales modules timely in PS CRM/EPM
- Participated development of Black Berry (RIM) interface modules for Peoplesoft.
- Fixing critical defects and performance monitoring on data loading processes.
- Implemented the PeopleSoft HRMS v7.5/8.3 modules (HR, Payroll, Time & Labor, Benefits, Recruit Workforce) and Financial (GL/AM).
- Upgraded SQR programs, PeopleCodes, PS Tables for HRMSv7.5 to 8.3.
- Designed technical specifications, modified objects (Components, Pages, Table Structures, etc.).
- Developed/Customized of App. Engine programs for complex calculations or to change in business rules.
- Production Support for HR defect corrections/Data change requests.
- On call production support for PeopleSoft HRMS applications (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration and Base Benefits, time and labor).
- Customized pages, components, menus for HR, Payroll, Base Benefits, and GL/AM, etc.
- Created multiple SQR reports, Crystal reports - HR, Payroll, Benefits, Financial reports (GL, AM).
- Developed all application programs, mainly interface programs for Bank client to control and manage information of financial transactions transmitted between Bank and Finance company.
- Converted the Banking System (Customer Information Management) from Mainframe to UNIX.
- Upgraded and enhanced applications for GIC, Mutual Funds and Checking/Savings Accounts in general system of financial business.
- Modified applications for Management Information System and Personnel Management System.
- Processes involved analysis, design, specification, programming, menu displays and testing. Focused on analysis, coding and testing application programs as a main staff of the team.
- Programs were written in Oracle Forms/Report, Pro*C, PL/SQL, Pro*COBOL, Unix, and SQL*Plus using Oracle database on HP/UNIX.