- Sr. Manager with an entrepreneur mindset having a successful track record in managing and delivering projects of all sizes (US$ 500K - US$ 25M).
- Certified Scrum Master and a strong technology leader with diversified well rounded experience that relies on extensive technical background in defining System/Application architecture, depicting measurable long term vision/road map and managing large diverse onsite/offshore teams leveraging Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Over 14 years of Life Sciences, Health Insurance, Manufacturing and IT Leadership experience implementing state of the art technology solutions facilitating corporate growth, leveraging Portals (Websphere, Liferay, Sharepoint), Content Management (WCM, Drupal), ECM (Filenet, Documentum), Social Media (Lotus Connections, Facebook API), Commerce & Rules Management (Commerce, ILOG, Process server), Marketing Campaigns & CRM (Email Management, Preference Management, Salesforce), Mobile Strategy (IBM Worklight, Phonegap), Middleware (Portals & Commerce hosting) and brings in a wealth of experience around corporate governance.
- Well versed in all phases of project life cycle with a strong emphasis on delivery, ROI and has a proven track record for building strong technical teams. Very effective in communicating and influencing stakeholders and development teams at all levels
- Responsible for depicting a multi-year road map, reference architecture with detailed implementation plan for laying a foundation for health exchange integration and revamping the Member, Consumer, Provider, Broker and Group Admin Portals for a major health insurance company by leading and mentoring a geographically dispersed onshore/offshore teams and was responsible for automating and integrating a Portal / Commerce/Mobile solution that interacts with numerous 3rd party services.
- Responsible for timely execution of various portals and secured $12M across various programs in capital and expense funding over a 2 year period with estimation that project will add significant value through cost savings, productivity and process improvements.
- Responsible for building strong internal talent by leveraging relationship with some of the best IT consulting organizations.
- Enabled Agile development by coaching/mentoring the development teams to adopt scrum methodology.
- Responsible for managing and building key systems that meets stringent government mandated programs (ICD10), Health care Exchange Integration, DOJ and FDA compliance requirements for life sciences/ Manufacturing / health care industry (Needs Assessment, Aggregate spend, Physician/Patient portal, CFR-11, CAPA, IT governance & SOX compliance).
- Responsible for defining standards/best practices, vision/road map and long term strategy and managing advance technical teams whose expertise span across multiple technology domains.
- Solid knowledge of key portal and repository standards (JSR 168, JSR-286, JSR-170, WSRP) and platforms Websphere / Sharepoint.
- Met all target goals by identifying and tracking high risk areas, by implementing risk mitigation early and contingency plans as needed, through proof of concept technical and architectural prototyping, and by maintaining constant communication with program/project stake holders
- Turned around a key project that was one year behind schedule and met and exceeded all goals and objectives.
- Responsible for managing over 75+ resources globally. Most team members performed “above expectation” and all team members raised level of their performance.
- Highly adaptive to emerging technologies. Responsible for adapting, testing and prototyping new technologies that adds value to the business. Implemented 3D simulations, Mobile Strategy, Portals and rolled out hand held applications to support key business initiatives.
Confidential, Edison, NJ
Technical Director - Delivery Head
- Responsible for managing 50+ direct/indirect members of a global team that are responsible for successfully delivering projects across digital experience leveraging Portal/ Content Management/ Commerce/Mobile Development & Infrastructure engagements.
- Responsible for leading and mentoring scrum of scrum team spread across multiple geographic boundaries.
- Manage stakeholder expectation across business and technology leadership.
- Responsible for managing key accounts for the company and my team was directly responsible for end-end delivery on the client side across Portals & Content Management solutions.
- Expert in Vendor management (Onsite/offshore) and building strong and productive teams.
- Managed multiple projects and stake holders across geographic boundaries.
- Responsible for managing, mentoring and lead a highly skilled onsite / offshore teams (Managers, Architects, SME, Development Leads, Developers, Vendors and PM’s) across IBM and Microsoft technologies.
Skill: IBM Portal/WCM delivery, Project Management, Agile Adoption, Budget Analysis, J2ee development
Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Provided Leadership and oversight to turn around several Key initiatives around Member Portal, Consumer Portal, Mobile initiatives, on time and on budget and exceed all goals and objectives.
- Responsible for managing content teams across multiple sites/portals - Member, Corporate, employee, broker
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring development team to adopt scrum/agile methodology.
- Built a strong relation with business stakeholders and created a true partnership model to mitigate risks and propagate a healthy professional environment
- Responsible for managing both IBM, Microsoft and open source development teams and had a direct responsibility for over 100+ resources across the globe.
- Responsible for working with key business stakeholders in defining a measurable and implementable multi-year roadmap that is targeted to clearly differentiate and revolutionize the way health care can be reached across insurance industry.
- Road Map with detailed implementation plan that includes Portals face lift, data standardization, Enterprise Content Aggregation (WCM), Mobile strategy, commerce integration, cross sales across Member, Broker, Consumer. Provider Portals, Forms Standardization and automation across BCBS, Medvantage /NCCT/ NPD Integration. Life stage configuration/Personalization, Member/Provider Interaction /Messaging (Help Desk), Preference management, Social Commerce.
- Managed and lead highly skilled onsite / offshore teams (Architects, SME, Development Leads, Developers, Vendors and PM’s) and was responsible for defining a enterprise wide SOA architecture to streamline the existing applications stack and define standards around design & development.
Skill: Websphere Portal 6.1.5/7.0, Share Point, Social Media, Webphere Commerce7.0, WCM6.1.5/7.0, J2ee1.5, Spring3.0, hibernate, Web experience Factory, Mobile Hybrid Apps
Confidential, New York, NY
- Responsible for working with key stakeholders in managing expectations, defining a technology roadmap and playing a key role in mentoring Scrum teams and enabling corporate governance leveraging Web and Enterprise content management solutions.
- Responsible for three health care accounts Sanofi Aventis, BCBSTN, Confidential in span of 18 months and all the clients had successful Portal/WCM and Mobile platform delivered.
- Responsible for successfully delivering three complex full lifecycle projects leveraging J2ee, Portals, SOA.
- Managed and lead highly skilled onsite / offshore teams and was responsible for defining SOA architecture to streamline the existing applications stack, perform code reviews and constantly evaluate development standards.
- Played an active Scrum master role in coaching and mentoring scrum process with clients that have been having a challenge embracing and adopting within their culture.
- Hands on experience working with POC around SOA solution leveraging Websphere Portal, Mobile Portal Accelerator, Spring, Hibernate Maven, DOJO, Ajax, REST and SOAP based web services.
Skill: Websphere Portal 6.1.5/7.0, Webphere Commerce7.0, WCM6.1.5/7.0, J2ee1.5, Spring3.0, hibernate, Portlet Factory, Mobile Portal Accelarator
Confidential, Mahwah, NJ
- Responsible for delivery, second level support, expectations, communications, prioritization and budget allocation for enterprise applications. Directly responsible for 22 resources onsite/offsite and manage $2M departmental and $5M project deliverable budget.
- Successfully lead and delivered critical compliance (Needs Assessment, Aggregate Spend) and time sensitive projects on time and within budget.
- Successfully streamlined various business processes by improving efficiencies and mitigating risk that led to multimillion dollar savings.
- Responsible for defining architecture, working with stake holders, converting use cases to design specifications, enforcing best practices and hands on development of critical design components by integrating design patterns as required.
- Responsible for providing thought leadership and designing Portal/J2ee solutions for senior executives and stakeholders at all levels.
- Responsible for mentoring Technical Specialists and junior developers
- Stream lined the process in one division and marketed and successfully implemented the solution across all the divisions in Confidential . Introduced the concept of Software as Service for internal projects.
- Work closely with health care professionals and key stakeholders in defining viable requirements and web experience through interviews and surveys.
- Met a tight deadline imposed by DOJ to provide the required documentation and as a result Confidential was the only corporation out of 7 medical device firms that was not penalized.
- Responsible for leading a geographically dispersed onshore/offshore teams and was responsible for automating and integrating a Portal solution that interacts with numerous 3rd party services
- Responsible for defining and configuring visibility/attribute rules and access levels across various verticals.
- Responsible for defining best practices, overseeing overall architecture and implementing JSR168 specific portlets, composite applications and web services for remote portlets (WSRP).
- State of the Art: State of the art solution that brings a revenue of $70+M
Skill: Oracle ERP, Websphere Portal 5.1/6.0, Webphere Commerce6.0, Stellant Content Management, J2ee1.4, Spring, hibernate