- Sr. Business Consultant/Analyst specialized in providing Industry Subject Matter Expert/Consulting services for implementing IT modernization projects in the Financial Services Sector. Highly adept on areas of requirements analysis, project management, quality assurance and vendor management for key accounts. Key Areas of Industry specialization includes private Confidential, customer account management, Strategic Planning and Market Positioning, investment advisory for banking/financial institutions.
- An accomplished, results - driven professional with 15+ years of industry experience. Possess expertise in handling diverse and large teams ranging from 5-25 .Adept at project planning and handling multiple (external and internal) stakeholders to achieve results. Have been a key player in the technical pre-sales team and have been involved in several multi-million proposals. Have significant experience in handling customer visits and building customer experience as a part of the pre-sales team.
- Have spent good part of my career with a prestigious banking and Confidential firm. This experience has helped in firming up the business acumen and made me extremely well enabled to handle and articulate very complex business scenarios as an IT Business Analyst in the Financial Services sector.
- Requirements Gathering and Analysis
- Project Planning and management
- SDLC processes in various project lifecycles
- User Interviews & questionnaires
- Lead JAD sessions, brainstorm meetings & focus groups
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Vendor Management
- Resource and Schedule Management
- Quality Assurance Activities
- UAT Plan and implementation
- System Documentation / User Guides
- User Training
- Core Banking
- Account Management
- Strategic Planning and Market Positioning
- Stakeholder and Communications Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- High-Impact Sales Presentations
- Technology Sales
- Key Customer Retention
- Financial Product Development
Project Planning and Management: Microsoft Project Plan, SharePoint
Documentation: MS Office Suite, MS Power point
UI: Rational Rose, MS Visio
Prototyping tool: Axure RP, Pencil Tool
Testing: Quality Center
Configuration Management: Microsoft VSS, Clearcase
Core Banking & CRM: Finacle, Integra
Database: Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server
Requirement Analyst & Subject Mater Expert
- Extensive user interactions as part of discovery sessions to understand the user problem, current processes and the user needs.
- Responsible for gathering business/data requirements, business rules identification and documenting them as requirement specifications (BRD)
- Prepared process flows, data flow diagrams using MS Visio. Designed data mapping for source to target system, defined the data dictionary and dependencies.
- Worked with lead & project manager to prepare and maintain the project plans & project status reports.
- Analysed data requirements from the users and assisted data analysts, data modellers and developers for interpreting the data definitions, fields & attributes.
- Effectively liaison between business users & developers to resolve requirement issues.
- Assisted QA testers to review the test scenarios, test cases & defect analysis and worked closely for functional, integration and regression testing.
- Wrote basic SQL queries for validating the data and the business rules.
- Interacted with vendor support team to resolve data feed issues.
- Participated at deployment, PROD testing and provided user support.
- Adopt Confidential (Agile software development) approach for producing high-quality systems that meets the changing needs of stakeholders in a cost effective and timely manner
- Documenting the entire process flow and training the users was also a key deliverable
- Managed a team of 5 operational and 4 sales professionals to put in place processes and compliance culture with in the branch.
- The branch was able to reach a stable book size of $3.5 M within a short span
- Aided the Project team in defining the scope for the project.
- Identified SMEs within Confidential Bank and determined user/business/functional requirements. Created vision, scope, and use case documents; business process models, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and state chart diagrams.
- Performed GAP and Risk analysis of existing system and evaluated benefits of new system.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues.
- Validated technical designs created by IT developers against functional specifications.
- Worked with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Coordinated work plans between project manager and client using MS Project.
- Created documentation for training and Help Desk teams.
- Created the SRS (Software Requirements Specification) document with input from SMEs and the dev. team.
- Utilized a modified Waterfall methodology for the development of the application.
- Aided the testing team in the testing environment by writing test cases and matching use cases to test cases to prepare the traceability matrix.
- Assist RMs to implement the financial planning practices while dealing with clients
- Maintain close contact with top end customers, strengthening relationships & business volumes through various investment products. Facilitating Relations Managers in the team to cultivate strong relations for repeat & referral business
- Manage the branch as a profit center
- Manage a team of 8 RMs, 4 Service Relationship Manager, and 1 Branch Service and Compliance Manager
- Appraisals & Career Planning for the team
- Successfully launched and stabilized the new Wealth Model ( proposed by McKinsey)
- Built up the book size of the branch to Rs. 210 million within 6 months.
- Achieved a CASA ratio of 37%
- Generated a fee revenue of Rs. 2.8 million in the first four months of the launch of the branch
- Have consistently qualified for all revenue generation initiatives launched by corporate and regional office.
Senior Consultant and Subject Matter Expert
- Liaised with business and functional owners during risk engineering and high-level review sessions to derive and execute action plans, meeting deadlines and standards.
- Interfaced with business users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements (BPR) and Software System Requirements (SSR). Created test cases and test scripts.
- Conducted JAD sessions, interpersonal interviews with SME, BO, Sr. Developers, Architects to further breakdown the requirements.
- Expressed the requirements through user stories, use cases, business rules, story boarding, future state mapping and process flow diagrams.
- Created the Product backlog with help of user stories prepared from gathered requirements and gap analysis.
- Ensured all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met. Traced test cases and functional specifications to SSRs and BPRs
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements.
- Updated SOPs and WIs.
- Updated System Change Request (SCR) forms for Product Data Management (PDM).
- Assisted and participated in UAT by creating test cases, use cases and utilizing the RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix) to track the errors on HP Quality Centre.
- Applied change requests, versions, and addendums.
- Managed entire NRI retail portfolio for south Bangalore and rest of Karnataka in terms of profitability, customer experience and new customer acquisition etc.
- Mobilize NRI deposits for the bank through Confidential branches and open market acquisition through inbound and outbound team.
- Identification and acquisition of High Net worth NRI clients and overseeing the portfolio management so as to ensure a good inflow of funds.
- Manpower planning to ensure, the number of resources placed as per the no productivity norm.
- Coordinate with various sister companies for initiating campaigns at local level to ensure good sale of cross sell products in the state.
- Launch and execution of central campaigns on various parameters like CASA and FD mobilization.
- Manage a team of 4 AMs/NRMs and set of 8 contractual staffs (SEs) placed across Karnataka.
- Regular sales review of the outbound team (AMs and SEs) and the inbound team (NRI Champs based at the branches and Branch Managers).
- Appraisals & Career Planning for the team
- Achieved a growth of 161% growth on YoY basis in the CASA mobilization in the assigned territory, by enhancing the relationship value of the existing customers and as well as by new customer acquisition.
- Won the quarterly award (3rd Qtr) for the Highest penetration (segment wise) in the revenue generation from the Life Insurance products in the region
- Managed non face to face business (For mortgages, money transfer and the eRelationship Manager business) of Confidential Bank, NRI Services. This encompassed ensuring lead input to the team, to complete closure of the cases.
- Liaison with the central product/marketing team for constant/ adequate lead inputs so as to get the maximum efficiency from the calling team for mortgages and money transfer business
- Keep a close tab on the SLAs agreed with Vendor (First Source)
- Interact with the central mortgage desk for processing of the sourced cases worldwide with in the stipulated time interval
- Responsible for ensuring the best outcome from the campaigns initiated from the central product team for the eRM /Mortgage business
- Manage a team of 60 agents (Mortgages - 32, eRMs - 21, Money2India - 7 ) through a set of 6 Team Leads and 2 Asst Operation Manager
- The non-face to face mortgages business touched the all-time highest sanction figure of Rs. 1850 Million and disbursal of Rs. 704 million during my tenure
- There was a significant decrease in the TAT for each sanction from an average of 19 days to 07 days.
Branch Sales Manager
- Manage sourcing from key corporate clients, non-resident Indians, high net worth individuals and private banking customers (Cross Selling Expertise)
- Plan, formulate and design marketing activity calendar for case sourcing, implementation of the same, and measure performance and efficacy of each activity.
- Confidential channel management (from lead to disbursement login). Branch level sales and marketing.
- Devise and implement strategic value added sales schemes for sales boost and continuum
- Recruit, train, develop and manage the direct sales team of the Bank, map their productivity and set KRAs.
- Corporate Event planning and organizing
- Accelerated the new corporate channel sales from Rs. 10 million to Rs. 55 million within a span of 6 months
- Built a highly effective and result oriented team of counselors of 28 people from a rudimentary team size of 4 people
- Negated Customer escalations from 49 % to 12 % during a time interval of 6 months
- Handled the entire dealer network in the assigned territory.
- Accomplished branch targets in terms of Quantity, Value, and Market Developmental Activities.
- Formulate the operational sales plan in the line with the overall regional sales strategy, set and monitor sales and collection targets and ensure the desired market share, sales and working capital objectives.
- Work with various Product Mangers to provide marketing perspective to the product/ application development work.
- Conduct the market feasibility study of the new products to be launched.
- Appointment of dealer sales executives, training, motivation & incentive disbursement of the same.
- Liaison with government agencies for approvals.
- Organize customer care meets and customer education camps and programs
- Set up Dealer Network in South Rajasthan leading to a 1st year sale of Rs.13 million.
- The dealer for Delhi region was awarded the best dealer for highest sales in the country and for best receivables management.