- A result oriented professional having diversified and progressive experience in Information Technology, as Business Analyst/Software Developer/Technical Lead/Project Manager.
- Proficient in supply chain management, business scope definition, pricing/cost/benefit analysis, database management, BI production support project plan, developing functional and technical specifications, creating business and application use case documentation, leading business and technical analysis sessions, supporting development and testing teams throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and nurturing exceptionally good client relationships.
- Over 12 years of professional experience in IT industry, with in - depth knowledge and exposure in Business Analysis, Business requirements, Business Development, Design, Development, Enhancement Cycles with Maintenance/Production Support of applications based on Financial Data.
- Over 2 years of Project Management experience handling delivery of projects for the Wholesale line of business in a leading bank based out of the South of US.
- Over 9 years of specific Software Developer / Technical Lead experience in BI production support, enhancement and maintenance along with Continuous development to the applications.
- Performed ETL Administrator duties like tagging, migrating, setting up sandboxes and setting up reusable artifacts.
- Technically proficient in Ab Initio with varied development experience in GDE 2.13, 2.15, 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3.1
- Also, proficient in scheduling tools like CA7, JAWS and Autosys.
- Acts as a technical liaison between SME’s, Technical Architects, Senior Management and Business Manager; ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with senior and junior business sponsors, as well technical specialists.
- Excellent experience in the areas of Design, Analysis and Development of Applications. Full Software Development Life Cycle experience including requirement, analysis, design, development, implementation, testing and production support.
- Good knowledge of modeling techniques utilizing various tools like MS Visio and MS Project.
- Broad Exposure of financial market: Mortgage, Wholesale, Consumer, Consumer Lending/Cards, Capital Markets, Credit Risk, CCAR, Risk Analysis and profitability management systems.
- Extensive experience in designing templates, working with pivot tables, graphs, user forms, user defined functions and creating and using add-ins.
- Also, responsible for working on optimization of batch and reducing overall turnaround time of daily and monthly applications.
- Expertise in querying DB2 and SQL databases, thereby leading to less costly queries and efficient output.
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills substantiated in past assignments with developers, project managers, subject-matter experts, stakeholders, system implementers, and application end-users.
- Solid background in table/query design, report design, and automation.
Business Analysis: MS-Access, MS-Excel
Mainframes: CA7, JCL, GDG
Windows Applications: MS-Word, MS-Excel, VISIO, POWER POINT, MS PROJECT
Languages: C, C++, Java
Platforms: Unix, Linux, Windows Server
Databases: ISAS, DB2, SQL, Oracle, UniData
Scheduling: CA7, Autosys. JAWS
BI & DW Tech: Ab Initio, Ab Initio Ops console, Cognos
Ab Initio / Big Data Technical Lead
- Activities involve creating Functional Specification document.
- Create High Level and Low Level Design document.
- Create coding architecture that leverages a resuable framework.
- Create generic artifacts for extract, transformation, DQ, CDC and Loading.
- Create plan to load simultaneously into Hadoop environment and SQL server.
- Follow up with infrastructure teams for the sandbox setup and other necessary access setup.
- Provide weekly status updates to the higher management.
- Forecast the delivery and ensure the timelines are met.
Environment: Ab Initio, CA7, Linux, Hadoop (MapR), SQL, Metadata Hub, MS-Project, HP-ALM, Agile
ETL Ab Initio Technical Lead
- Activities involve interaction with business folks to understand requirements and translate them into a requirements document that could be utilized by the development team
- Also, act as an SME for the Wholesale Suite of applications providing necessary inputs to the solution architect daily.
- Ensure time delivery of projects to meet client needs.
- Build relationships and work closely with clients and stakeholders across all functions and all levels.
- Also, perform duties as a business analyst in getting requirements and create mapping documents for the developers.
- Also, assist in creating design documentation.
- Additionally, work on ticketing systems to work on change and release management.
- Maintain and forecast accurate staffing needs to ensure contiguous billing.
Environment: Ab Initio, CA7, Linux, DB2, Metadata Hub, MS-Excel, HP ALM, MS-Project, Primavera, Agile, Data Lake
ETL Technical Lead
- Leading and managing a highly challenging environment with providing 24/7 support and performing perfective maintenance.
- Additionally, dispensed role as an Infrastructure lead, performing duties as an ETL administrator.
- Worked on tagging and migrating artifacts from Dev to Test environment.
- Assisted in setting up best practices, including sandbox setup, reusable artifacts to perform extracts, archive and load.
- Handled over 140 applications from onshore with over 15 team members in the team and 30 offshore.
- Handled communications with clients and stake holder during outage windows.
- Liaison with the Level 1, 2 and 3 teams for effective support execution.
- Performing performance tunings and perfective maintenance on existing systems
- Optimized long running graphs and eliminating redundant jobs which affect daily and monthly runs
- Done migration of existing legacy systems running on Ab Initio 2.13 to 2.15 / 3.1.3
- Create automation of ticket reporting, trending and analysis to concentrate on items of interest.
Environment: Ab Initio, CA7, Unix, Linux, DB2, SQL server, Oracle,UniData, Ops Console, Metadata HUB
ETL Technical Lead
- Worked on creating a dashboard application that would help in daily reporting of status and tickets to business clients.
- Created data dump from the ticketing system and then creating Ab Initio graphs to load the same into the tables post requisite transformations.
- My responsibilities also included providing inputs and co-creating the data model as a star schema and loading the dimension and fact tables.
- The resultant data was reported through Cognos to the client daily.
Environment: Ab Initio, CA7, Unix, DB2, Cognos
- Worked on the requirement and source system analysis for a Co-branded debit card which was high profile and high risk
- Worked against tight schedules and deadlines, playing a Business Analyst role in preparation of the Source System Analysis document and also gathering requirements for the project team
- Acted as a liaison between the business teams, source systems and developers.
Enviroment: MS-Excel, SQL, Ab Initio, DB2, Oracle, Mainframe GDGs.
- Responsibilities included development, documentation and testing.
- Involved in optimizing and improving the performance of graphs and ensured the timely delivery of data.
- Also assisted the production support team during migrations and parallel runs.
Enviroment: TOAD, Oracle 9i Server, Ab Initio
- Responsibilities included UAT data loading for testing.
- Also, was involved in the correct and timely receipt of data and loading them into the client database.
- Coding graphs for scrubbing and data processing.
- Writing JILs in Autosys for effective scheduling of jobs.
- Weekly and monthly reporting of job runs status and batch progress to client.
Enviroment: TOAD, Oracle 9i Server, Autosys, Ab Initio, Trilium