Software professional with 20+ years of diverse experience in the entire development process - - from gathering customer business requirements to generating technical requirement specifications, design specifications, coding, and all phases of testing. Strengths lie in Software Quality Assurance including writing SQA management plans, Test Strategy Plans, Functional Test Plans, Procedures and scripts, documenting anomalies, automated and manual testing, and especially web automated testing with HPs QuickTest Professional, Confidential SOATest, Confidential SoapUI Pro and Selenium.
- WINDOWS 95, 98, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1
- Visual Café (JAVA)
- WINDOWS NT
- Assembly Code
- C, C++, Visual C
- OS 2
- DBASE IV
- Test Script Lang.
- Visual BASIC
- MS ACCESS
- Astra Quick Test
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Oracle SQLDeveloper
- QuickTest Professional
- Confidential SOATest (Backend Automation API Testing)
- Confidential SoapUI Pro and Ready API
Confidential, Boulder, CO
- Confidential collects environmental data from sensors and field technicians across the continental US, analyzes it, and publishes it.
- It is a strong Agile shop with daily stand-ups during 2 week sprints using Rally.
- Created a test procedure / report template so the QA team could produce test documentation with complete and consistent content.
- Created and executed Manual tests, that had little to no written requirements, using general Rally stories and developer communication.
- Validated tests via web UI (front end), Postman (back end), and Oracle’s Sqldeveloper.
- Created automated tests using Selenium in Eclipse and used git and GitBash for configuration control.
Confidential, Loveland, COConsultant
- Created and executed manual tests for Agricultural applications and documented them in HP Quality Center.
- Wrote defects and tracked them to resolution verifying fixes were correctly implemented.
Senior Staff Software QA Engineer
- Confidential is a sister company of Confidential Networks and uses Agile for its Software Development Process.
- Created and executed test plans/reports to manually test dishanywhere.com, an online application that allows online video streaming of TV shows and movies, and record and playback Confidential content for Confidential subscribers, wrote defects in Pivotal Tracker and Bugzilla.
- Tested on multiple platforms including MAC OSX, Windows, Android Tablet, IPad.
- IPhone and Android Phone.
- Created and executed Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) backend automation REST API tests using SOATest by Confidential Corporation.
- Also created automated tests for SOAP endpoints using Confidential 's SoapUI Pro and Ready API on the Troppus project.
QA Automation and Manual Tester
- Worked on the American Arbitration Association project to develop web software to facilitate their business processes.
- Analyzed Use Case requirements for accuracy and testability, developed and executed manual test cases, and automating them as the code stabilized.
- Documentation defects against the use cases when there were issues, and code defects when the code was not compliant with the use case requirements.
- Executed SQL queries and performed database analysis on an Oracle database.
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
- Performed functional requirements analysis on six voting systems to verify that they complied with Confidential requirements.
- Wrote test plans and test cases, manually tested, and wrote defects for voting systems.
- Executed tests in Linux, Apple, and Windows 2008 operating system environments.
- Trained manual testers to use Quick Test Professional (QTP) to automate their manual tests.
- Taught HP's (formerly Confidential Interactive) QTP automated testing with subjects including record and playback, parameterization and QTP Results, Output Values, Active Screen and Debug viewer, Object Repository, Dynamic Data, Synchronization, Checkpoints, calling Actions and passing parameters, Using Run Setting and Run Modes, and Step Generator.
- Reviewed requirements and wrote defects when applicable, wrote test plans / procedures, executed manual tests and wrote defects in MKS for a web application with an Oracle database that maintains child health care information.
- Used SQL for white box testing. Automated existing manual tests with QuickTest Professional 8.0 Created functions in VB script that create and update Confidential files with custom test report information for management reports.
Confidential, Denver, Co
- Creating manual test cases consisting of test descriptions, preconditions/test steps, and expected results for the Confidential (Intelligent Component Evaluation) Database Search application which tracks information and locations for military parts.
- Sold 7 rental houses, closed all New York loose ends, and moved to Westminster, Colorado
- Bought a new house
Confidential, New York City
- Wrote automated scripts in Confidential Interactive’s QuickTest Professional Version 8.0 to exercise the functional paths and time GUI responses in the Seibel Confidential (Client Management System) component of Confidential, stored results of multiple iterations with calculated averages in an Excel spreadsheet and ran against several versions to analyze functionality and performance results.
- Assumed a lead role in a Performance test to monitor and measure Performance results from Load Generators installed in sites in New York, Amsterdam, London, Geneva, Singapore, Paris, Los Angles, and Rome.
- Worked with two other QA consultants to write Functional test and Data Loading scripts in WinRunner 7.6 to create Sales, Stock Headers, Receipt Lines, and Instructions and perform other Confidential processing. Created a compiled module to do Confidential error handling and log each script’s results and document any specific errors encountered in an Excel spreadsheet.
Confidential, Binghamton, NY
Software QA Testing
- Worked on a Remittance Processing Application that accepts Confidential Employer Withholding taxes, unemployment insurance, and Individual Quarterly Payments and saves images and data and then processes the information for the state.
- Analyzed requirements, develop and execute test cases, document defects in Test Director, and track to resolution.
Confidential, Parsippany, New Jersey
- Team Leader: Wrote Test Strategy Plan identifying levels of testing, scheduling, approach, and test deliverables.
- Created standards and templates for QA team deliverables (test plans, procedures/scripts, matrix tracking business requirements to implemented code, and test reports).
- Mentored and directed efforts of 3 QA test consultants (outside contractors), compiled their test execution outputs to create a test report identifying what business requirements were tested, related test cases, results documenting any anomalies, and an executive summary identifying trends and recommendations.
- Wrote Test Plans and Procedures and created and executed manual and automated test scripts and reports with WinRunner and Astra Quick Test. Wrote compiled modules in C and integrated into WinRunner record and playback scripts. Documented anomalies in AIMSTEP and tracked until resolution.
- Addressed outside vendor software development process issues and implemented remedies. Created standards and templates for outside vendor deliverables (technical requirements, design, code, integration test reports, and release notes) to resolve problems that repeated in successive deliveries.
- Worked closely with Project manager to develop, document and clarify business requirements. Later tracked business requirements to assure they were addressed in vendor’s technical requirements, release notes and code and identify what specific work orders were related to which anomalies.
- Reviewed outside vendor technical requirements against business requirements for completeness, functional content, and clarity. Identified issues at requirements level and addressed problems before they were propagated into design and code - eliminating the need to eventually fail tests, document anomalies, re-design, re-code, and re-test what was incorrect at the requirements level -- saving a highly significant amount of time and expense. Created technical requirements when the vendor was resource time constrained and unable to create adequate technical requirements.
Confidential, New York City
- Responsible for test automation of an Internet based Benefits Administration System (BAS) using WinRunner with the Web Test Add In.
- Analyzed business requirements wrote test plans in Test Director, and created WinRunner test scripts.
- Team leader: interviewed, made recommendations for hire, monitored performance, coordinated, assigned responsibilities and mentored five automation/manual test associates. Developed test schedules.
- Reviewed, tested, corrected and enhanced automation scripts written by the previous contractor. Designed test standards to insure that adequate test coverage, comments, and both positive and negative testing would be in future test scripts with sufficient test results documented in all Test Results files
- Conceived, designed and created a WinRunner monitoring script that would launch an application in production every 15 minutes, navigate though it and test for specific results, send e-mails and Skytel pages to management detailing any failures with a bitmap snapshot of the failure with a time-stamped name. In addition each link that was clicked on was timed for how long it would take for the page to come up and the times were logged in a Comma Separated Variable file that would come up in an Excel spreadsheet with the name of the link that was timed and the time of day the link was clicked. If the time exceeded a parameterized value then a ping was done to see if there was a Network problem, and the ping time was stored in the Confidential file. If a failure occurred the event was recorded in a text file, the script would continue to run every 15 minutes but would not send out e-mails and pages unless the test passed and then failed again. When the application recovered the event was recorded in the text file.
- Wrote Stress and Performance Test plan for LoadRunner, executed scripts.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
- Responsible for System Testing a world class, 30,000 functional point, international consumer finance system for a central home office and 7 affiliates comprised of 1,170 branches.
- Product types included closed end loans and sales, revolving loans and sales, and credit cards.
- Generated a Test Strategy Plan and System Test Plan.
- Work with Business Domain experts to create test cases and define interfaces and business scenarios.
- Gathered business product requirements, designed, coded, and tested (coded in MS ACCESS and VISUAL BASIC, tested with WinRunner) an application to organize and track legal documents for local law firms.
- Creating a web site for a commercial application. Gathered requirements and specified content.
- Gathered requirements, designed, and coded (coded in JAVA, VISUAL CAFE), a Stock Securities analysis program which took data (daily volume and price highs and lows) for 7 days of daily files (in Confidential format) of 3300 stocks, analyzed movements, and selected stock that met specific criteria and displayed them on the screen.
Confidential, Cortland, NY
System Integration Team Leader
- Built the System Integration Team. Interviewed, hired, mentored, coordinated, scheduled, managed and did annual review and performance appraisals for seven engineers.
- Analyzed System Integration costs and developed, implemented, and maintained a fiscal budget.
- Oversaw educational and training needs and provided a positive environment that encouraged growth, creativity and continued improvement.
Software Developer and Tester
- Generated requirements, design, code (coded in JAVA, VISUAL CAFE), and test specifications for an Internet Banking project that took parameters from a database and inserted them into templates to create JAVA code. Documented test cases in TEST DIRECTOR and wrote data driven scripts using WINRUNNER.
- Built a framework for the software development cycle by creating software engineering standards, procedures, and templates for requirements, design, and code and testing. Dramatically improved the quality and consistency of documentation content and format.
- Researched Internet security, created a presentation, and trained the development team.
- Created "Meet the Development Team" web page (HTML) for Cortland Engineering.
- Ported a Problem Reporting system database from an obsolete database language into MS ACCESS and updated the system with new features.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- 2 years Software Quality Assurance testing of a Remittance Processing banking applications in a client/server UXIX, C environment. Wrote test plans, procedures, results documents, documented test cases and reported problems and tracked to resolutions.
- Managed 4 employees, coordinating all improvements and repairs.
- Assumed responsibility for all aspects of property management including marketing, accounting, and budgeting.
- Computerized all bookkeeping, taxes, and management tasks.