- Innovative, results focused, Manufacturing Operations Executive with 30 years combined experience providing the strategic vision, continuous improvement and leadership that drive operational quality processes, productivity, engineering, injection - blow molding operations, complex SMT electronic manufacturing, CNC and Laser equipment, line efficiency’s, material sourcing, metal stamping and bottom-line improvements for manufacturing organizations.
- Analytical problem solver and LEAN GOLD manufacturing specialist who works through systems challenges and applies strategic direction to meet client profit and corporate growth objectives. Strong global management experience with extensive work in Asia and Europe.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Control (CPIM) and member of the Association for Operations Management ( Confidential ).
- I have a keen ability to turn around under-performing units and revitalize operations through implementation of quality systems and significant cost reductions.
- CPIM & LEAN Gold Certified
- CNC/Laser/Mill/Lathe Exp.
- DC and Machine Shop Floor Exp.
- Production Inventory Management
- Plastic Injection/Extrusion Processes
- Process Quality Tracking
- Oracle/SAP, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards
- Global Material Sourcing
- Quality Control
- P&L Accountability
- Cost Reduction
- Capital Equipment Mfg. Experience
- MRP/ERP/SAP/MAPICS Systems
- Kaizen Events/Lean Mfg. Concepts
- Continuous Improvement
- Warehouse Management Systems
- Production/Inventory Management
- Multiple Unit Oversight
- Budget/Fiscal Management
- Union Negotiations
- Multi-Project Management
- Inventory Controls
- Contract Negotiations
- NPD, SMT & Design Processing
- 3PL logistics management
- EHS, OSHA training
- 6-sigma concepts training
- Supply Chain/Packaging
- Cycle-Time Reduction
- Kanban Systems
- KPI implementation and accountability
- DDI Interaction Management
- Principled Leadership Training
Director of Manufacturing Operations
- As Director of Manufacturing operations, I have developed and implement policies and procedures, formulate manufacturing continuous improvement/operations strategies, build and mentor manufacturing employees to drive business results both in Virginia and Confidential .
- Accountable for $300mm/manufacturing machine shop operations in Asia and Independence, VA. with employees totaling 210 here domestically and 480 in China.
- DC operation with 175,000 sq. ft., located on site in Independence, VA. also is a key function as Director with $5.5mm distribution operation serviced globally.
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
Director of Global Manufacturing/Operations
- Direct all global Operations & Engineering from Confidential ’s Headquarters in San Antonio, Texas and Shenzhen, China with P&L accountability of $100mm/USD and 320 hourly non-union personnel.
- Early assignment was to solidify the base operations in the US while growing market share in the Far East.
- Logistics, Supply Chain, Cost Reduction and Production efficiencies main target areas for improvement in 2013.
- Business objectives now to prepare for 2014 budget, initiate growth objectives and further cost reductions to meet companies 3-year plan through 2015.
- Implemented early Kaizen Blitz events to introduce Kanban Flow/Pull methodologies and continuous improvement practices in 1st quarter, 2013.
- Results were the implementation of our current 2-Bin system and reduced material shortages and inventory levels by $210k/month.
- Objectives now with time studies to improve line efficiencies with the introduction of Lean Principles in assembly, production and injection/blow molding operations. Extensive production and use of thermoplastic and thermosetting polymers from Asian and Mexico locations.
- Second quarter results showed an improvement of 45% in through put thus, equating to $350k/month in increased revenue and working capital.
- Re-design of Engineering Dept. to improve NPD (new product development) and secure new market share.
- Early main objectives are to align my region to Corporate Objectives while implementing a LEAN/TPS/KPI system of performance and continuous improvement at all 8 locations.
- Implemented a “ Confidential ” work force to increase efficiencies while reducing OT.
- Effectively introduced a uniform KPI performance measurement system using LEAN/6-Sigma methodology that has increased yield from 68% to current levels of 88% thus improving thru-put, product flow, inventory reduction and the reduction in scrap by $210k in region.
- This “ Confidential ” region for Arch supports Ebitda ($400mm/USD) for the entire company and was main reason for my early assignment there. Multi-Site accountability (8) and leadership of over 1,200 regional employees.
- Significantly reduced SG&A in first quarter of 2011 by 26% across region, $180k in headcount reduction.
- New PM system installed that will increase machine uptime from current levels of 70% towards goal of 95%.
- Overcame cultural challenges, staffing, and customer expectations through implementation of “Swat Teams”, leveraging DMAIC LEAN Methodology to streamline operations and increase productivity.
- Direct LEAN process & continuous improvement, Kaizen, and 5S methodology for manufacturing site in Shenzhen, China.
- Administer P&L responsibility for sourcing operations of $95M.
- Build a top-notch manufacturing facility through strict enforcement of LEAN principles.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships with metals, chemicals, resins, polymers, paint, textiles, and ceramics.
- Plan and execute cost reduction initiatives.
- Coordinate production scheduling, performance management, and overall operations.
- Significantly reduced SG&A in China and Hong Kong operations by $3.6M since March 2009.
Confidential, Purchase, New York
Vice President of Operations
- Provided oversight for SLI Holdings’ sourcing operations for lighting industry, a $280M division in 11 Asian and Pacific countries.
- Led implementation of Continuous Improvement initiatives through training, mentoring, and facilitating efforts in various cross functional areas, reducing corporate overhead for Americas and Europe by $2.4M.
- Directed Chicago Miniature Lighting (CML) automotive operations in China with plastic injection molding operations for lighting, marine, infra-structure, military and commercial operations.
- Trained multi-cultural staff in MAPICS, ERP, MRP, CPIM, LEAN, and Kaizen principles.
- Spearheaded an Asian supply chain organization, boosting revenue from $0 to $280M+ with headquarters in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Thailand, Malaysia, and Vietnam.
- Designed and implemented complex, large scale operations for multiple business and engineering areas including warehousing, logistics, packaging, assembly, cnc equipment, complex SMT processes for clients throughout Asia and NA.
- Successfully executed “Green Field” start-up operations from the ground up.
- Established processes and procedures for multiple Asian manufacturing facilities lived and worked in Asia for several years to ensure quality production and revenue growth.
Confidential, White Plains, New York
Director of Manufacturing
- Drove a major cost reduction effort in Mexico and the US including capital/inventory reduction, facility consolidation, and re-evaluation of the Sales and Marketing groups to boost revenues.
- Optimized the global supplier process, leading to increased revenue growth and expansion.
- Achieved a reduction in lead time from 18 days down to 10 days while meeting all deliveries by 96% from former levels in the low 70% range.
- Implemented KPI strategies, LEAN principles, and Process Improvements, MRP and Financial systems for US and Mexico operations.
- Reduced overtime costs and boosted production by 28% through re-alignment of production schedules, leveraging a 24x7 operation for US and Mexico.
- Drove daily operations for production, purchasing, planning, inventory control and shipping for North and South American Manufacturing facilities.
- Oversaw P&L responsibility for $160M operation.
- Directed a staff of 25+ managers and 600+ hourly union employees.
- Generated $5.6M cost savings in Mexico operations with a direct focus on employee training, safety, and environmental controls.
Confidential, Lake Forest, Illinois
Director of Operations
- Provided oversight and direction for several North American and Asian Manufacturing Facilities under direction of 1 holding company.
- Consolidated 13 Protective Packaging North America sites into 8, leveraging $7M net profit.
- Led operations for 3 manufacturing plants in China with 1200 personnel and 25 direct reports.
- Led US/Canada operations with 2500 workforce and $7. 3M in revenues.
- Supported LEAN initiatives through training and facilitating change management activities including Kaizen events.
- Oversaw P&L accountability for $370M operation.
- Planned and delivered training in Six Sigma, Lean, and Interactive Management Principles.
- Reversed negative profit trend in 3 locations to $4M positive for paper and packaging facilities.
- Boosted sales at 3 JV’s in Asia from $3M to $86M in over three years, gained accounts with major clients such as NewBalance, Nike, Schwinn, Fila, Mattel, Black & Decker, and Schick.
- Secured $1.6M cost savings through re-negotiation of corporate procurement contracts.
- Served on Board of Directors with 2 JV locations in Asia.
- Completed Instructor Certification and Deming coursework, taught Interaction Management Systems to multiple groups within IP.
- Established goals and budgets for each operating unit.
- Performed roles of increased responsibility during tenure due to superior performance and continuous improvements established.
- Analyzed, refined, and monitored manufacturing processes as Corporate Process Improvement Manager in Tennessee.
- Reversed negative profit trends at 5 manufacturing locations.
- Developed and signed multi-year contracts with UPIS/Teamsters for IP in Chicago, Fondulac, Framingham, Detroit, and Philadelphia.