- Over 15 years of Functional and Technical experience in Oracle Applications primarily in Finance track
- Strong skills in managing and planning functional implementations, Upgrade and post production support including interfaces to legacy systems, data conversion exercises, system upgrades and performance tuning
- Demonstrated success in leading implementation of complex financial solutions, Sub - Ledger Accounting(SLA) and EBTax
- Ability to manage both large and small teams and provide detailed work planning, analysis, quality and risk management
- Extensive experience in private and public sectors and managing onsite and offshore teams
- Major Accomplishments in complete stabilization of E-Business suite in two major US Municipalities.
- Helped clients to plan, implement and manage lasting changes to protect the investment of time and money.
- Experience in fit gap analysis, process design, solution proposals, team management, support-team buildup and training team and end users, strategy buildup and complete execution.
- Major accomplishment in designing and developing major custom extensions
- Remarkable records in all levels of Project cycle in leading multiple projects for real time implementation, upgrade, and maintenance in multi-org multi-currency engagements.
- Excellent analytical, trouble shooting, problem solving and user training skills.
- Highly experienced in Month/year end financial book related activities, cash and accrual accounting, reconciliation, integration testing, Encumbrance processing, enhancements, customizations as per Apps standards, complex financial reporting and documentation.
- Achievements in Oracle Application AOL advanced development techniques
- Proficient with documentation standards like Oracle AIM, Six Sigma and CMM.
FUNCTIONAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE:
Oracle Applications (ERP), (R12, 11x, 10.7 SC): Major modules include Project Accounting (PA), Grants Accounting (GMS), AR, AP, GL, FA, CM, PO, iProcurement, iExpenses, SLA, EBTax and System Administrator.
Tools: Personalization, FSG, Forms, Reports, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, SQL Navigator, ADI, Evergreen, Toad, SQL Lab, Visio, MS Projects.
Data warehouse tools: Decision Point Warehouse Administrator, Cognos and Business Objects.
Environment: Oracle Applications r12 (Project Accounting (PA), GL, AP, AR, FA, INV, iProcurement), SLA and EBTax
- Joined Confidential Atlanta practice recently and working on finance modules as solution provider.
- Participating in pre-sales discussions, presentations and helping the firm to close on deals.
- Working as a finance solution architect assisting Confidential ’s various clients with implementation, upgrade and stabilization of Oracle finance modules.
- Acting as go-to person for training other team members on project accounting and its integration with other modules and r12 upgrade.
Confidential, New York
Environment: Oracle Applications r12 (Project Accounting (PA), GL, AP, AR, FA, INV, iExpense and iProcurement)
Lead Functional Solution Architect
- Lead the successful Implementation and Confidential of Oracle EBS v12. Gathered requirements, re-engineered several processes, mapped, converted to functional and technical designs and managed functional, technical teams in configurations, developments, UATs and deployments.
- The client faced challenges to in corporate its complex allocation requirements into Oracle Project allocation and General Ledger and the volume was running into 1000s.
- The entire Cost Allocation requirements were re-engineered, designed and implemented in PA and GL, utilizing the entire features of project allocations, burdening and GL allocations along with add on Oracle extensions.
- Trained users and lead the level1 support by providing guidance, subject matter expertise and helped the client to build support organization.
- Worked actively with end users on troubleshooting and resolution of production issues.
- Worked with module business owners to fine tune processes and implement best practices.
- Helped client in the timely closure of accounting periods for the financial modules with reconciliation and reporting.
- Provided insights on identifying areas of enhancements especially to achieve performance improvements.
- Overall project responsibilities included Project management for the finance track, resource allocation and prioritization, provide subject matter expertise, status tracking and reporting to PMO.
- Effectively managed scope, issues and risks and lead a team which comprised of internal, client and third party consultants through requirements gathering phase, design, CRPs, UATs, Confidential and support.
Environment: Oracle Applications R12 (GL, AP, AR, PO, OM, INV, iProcurement)
- Lead implementation of R12 instance
- Lead the team to map 11.5.10 accounting to R12 Sub Ledger Accounting
- Leveraged subject matter expertise in providing in depth information on major processes like P2P and O2C
- Assessed, documented and demonstrated new features of R12 release.
Environment: Oracle Applications v 11i (GL, AP, AR, Collections, Projects Accounting with Grants, PO, iProcurement, iExpenses and FA)
Support Team Mentor, Techno-Functional Lead
- Techno-Functional Lead to the Support team
- Worked on enhancement and performance improvement of various interfaces
- Assisted in P2P cycle to resolve encumbrance and funds issues during procurement procedures like Req, RFQ and PO.
- Designed and lead the design and development of complex reports.
- Assisted finance staff for reconciliation and preparing for audit
Environment: Oracle Applications v 11i (GL, AP, AR, CM, FA, Projects and Grants, PO, iProcurement)
Techno Functional Lead, Acting ERP Director
- Re-implemented partially implemented modules and proposed and implemented new modules.
- Fit gap analysis, process re-design and implementation of best practices and automated many process in various financial modules
- Closed the Financial books and implemented month end procedures with reconciliation.
- Identified and resolved several issues with encumbrance accounting, mapping of chart of accounts and Projects PATEO segments.
- Brought the high volume of issue logs/enhancement requests/new requirements into a very manageable number.
- Managed the team preparing for year-end close and prepared the City for Audit.
- Proposed and implemented ADI process to ease the AP work load.
- Managed the application upgrade to latest versions on both application and technology side by defining testing strategy, Implemented support strategy and patching strategy with long term vision and helped to build a centralized support team.
- Trained the help desk to handle support calls and implemented the tracking method.
Environment: Oracle Applications v 11i (GL, AP, AR, FA, Projects and Grants, PO)
Techno Functional Lead, Project Director
- Stabilized the eBusiness suite in 8 months, Oracle month end closing brought to current, Established financial closing procedures and trained the users, Eliminated all the bugs either by upgrade or process changes, trained users on best practices to achieve a particular task, Enhanced the validation procedures in problematic interfaces and improved performance and stability, Massive data cleanup, implemented reconciliation procedures, fit gap analysis, process re-engineering, designed and developed encumbrance reconciliation tool, developed support team, lead system upgrade, implemented integration testing strategy, implemented TCA, enhanced EDI process and trained super users and support team.
- Several reports were designed and developed to provide financial visibility to the client, especially few complex government reports in Projects and Grants module.
- Resolved accounting and reconciliation issues between subledgers and GL.
- Resolved several issues around Chart of Accounts and PATEO mapping and developed several complex reports.
Environment: Oracle Applications v 11i (GL, AP, AR, Projects and Grants, PO, iProcurement)
Techno functional Lead
- Actively involved in analysis, setups, collecting requirements, designing new processes, forms and reports. Conducted various Demos to the users for the functional aspects and technical Demos for other members of the team. Designed and reviewed many interface, forms, reports and processes’ specifications and also developed many of them.
- Lead the setup up of iProcurement as per the user requirements and also customized few iProcurement screens using AK developer. Managed the team in creating IP user training document and trained entire user community.
- Implemented Oracle grants Security extension and after go live implemented Oracle project security as a second layer of security.
- Designed and developed many reports from many modules. Two Financial Statements from Oracle Projects and Grants and 3 Trial Balance reports from General Ledger were few of the major achievements.
- Designed, developed and implemented commitment snapshot load program in projects and grants and implemented reconciliation procedures with GL.
- Designed and developed Check program and Purchase order print program using Evergreen Software. Purchase order gets printed on 6 different locations from one single program, was one of the major achievements in this area.
- Designed and developed many processes using PL/SQL packages. Pushing Internal Orders to Oracle Grants, Chargeback program, Program to take commitments Snapshot on monthly basis were few major.
- Modified many Oracle seeded extension packages, Confidential and also maintained those programs.
- Attended day to day user issues giving functional tips, and training users where ever necessary.
- Also involved in doing the impact analysis for all patches before applying to Production.