I am an SAE certified Controls Engineer with training in IC engine control systems including Model based design, calibration, Confidential testing and CAN communication and Automotive Functional Safety Control Systems using ISO 26262,. I have 3 years of industry experience with proven skills in project management including planning, coordinating, research and development, problem solving and optimization. I also have quality experience working in cross - functional and multi-cultural teams, including collaboration with teams from other countries.
- Product development
- Control Systems
- Model Based Design (MBD)
- CAN (J1939 protocol)
- Project management
- Research and development, DOE
- FMEA, FTA, HARA
- Customer relations
Problem-Solving: Root Cause Analysis, Cause and Effect Analysis, Fish Bone Diagram, FMEA, FTA.
Hardware: Woodward ECUs, Kvaser CAN
Software: Matlab, Simulink, MotoHawk (Model-based Design Tool), MotoTune (Calibration Tool), Confidential Systems, CATIA V5 (250 hr), SAP (MM/PP)
Languages: English, Hindi, Marathi
- Designed engine Confidential controller, plant model, and Engine Position Tracking (EPT) system for a diesel engine using MotoHawk, MotoTune, and Simulink
- Developed a state machine for stall, crank, run, and overload states and calibrated engine for different states
- Executed gain scheduling and feed forward loop up table for lower response time and stabilized engine speed
- Developed in Simulink minimum and maximum governor models for controlling engine speed
- Simulated controller model on Hardware in Loop ( Confidential )
- Calibrated and tuned the engine using MotoTune calibration tool
- Tested final control model on Cummins 5.9L diesel engine at different load conditions.
- Developed control model, PI electronic throttle controller and Distributed Control System for Electronic Throttle for electronic throttle controller using Simulink and MotoHawk blocks
- Calibrated electronic throttle position and pedal position and controller using MotoTune calibration tool
- Tested and validated controller while varying the pedal position using MotoHawk
- Learned about the instabilities encountered in feedback PI control system and ways to eliminate them
- Controlled remotely the ETC using CAN Communication
- Developed a control system for an electronic fuel injector using Simulink and MotoHawk blocks
- Selected piston position and crank shaft RPM as simulation parameters
- Calibrated the control system using MotoTune calibration tool
- Simulated the control system for different engine speeds and tested on a fuel injector
- Developed a motorcycle that shifts from petrol engine to electric drive while cruising.
- Performed experiments and tested the results.
- Changing energy source to drive vehicle, fuel consumption was reduced by 40%, resulted in low carbon exhaust/pollution.
- Design and development of Solar Shed over Traffic signal.
- Developed product architecture and specifications
- Evaluated voice of customer and performed Confidential analysis, Confidential & Confidential, Tolerance analysis, and stress analysis.
- Spearhead product design and developed 8 conceptual sketches 3 new designs (3D models, assembly and drafting).
- Patented Design for Solar shed over traffic signal.
- Designed, developed and implemented manufacturing and assembly process of carbon reinforced fiber plastic floor beam
- Prototype, test and validated process and equipment
- Developed Tooling requirements.
- Operated in cross functional teams with multinational customers, and played key role process development, continuous improvement, problem solving and presented ideas and solutions
- Directed 14 technicians for assembly and manufacturing.
- Managed a budget of $1.2M to launch state of art assembly line. Planned designed, coordinated activities and developed assembly process from scratch
- Reduced process cycle time by 40% through implementation of Lean manufacturing principles. Documented operation sheet, operation drawing, BOM, SOPs, process flowcharts, ECN, testing and validation plans.
- Resolved issues through training, strategy improvements and more efficient use of technology.
- Improve quality by 30%; reduced rework by 90% through root cause analysis and designing additional equipment
- Saved material cost of nearly 60,000 dollars by testing and revalidating expired inventory
- Achieved zero accident workplace environment by implementing proper safety measures
- Managed a team of 10 for manufacturing of plastic products
- Injection Molding
- Production Planning
- JIT Manufacturing Customer and Supplier Development
- Mold Design
- Product and Process Specification Development
- Administered 4 projects, 3 million rupees budget, and 10 personals and met shipment delivery dates on time
- Reduced transportation cost by 80% through development of 3 new local suppliers for raw material, mold and tools