- Data Virtualization Consultant/Data Analyst with experience in leading and managing projects of all sizes and complexity. Strong analytical and design skills with ability to grasp new data/processes quickly. Extensive experience working on projects in the financial domain in Retail & Commercial Banking, Consumer Servicing, Loan Originations, Check Operations, Investment Banking and Confidential . Worked with cross - functional teams managing medium to large-sized projects in Regulatory Risk Reporting, Finance, PMO, Operations, Basel and implementation of external vendor systems.
- Analysis, Business System Analysis & Design Experience in Banking & Financial Domain.
- Data Analysis functions include Data Virtualization, Data Visualization and Data Transformation & Sourcing. Extensive experience with SQL, ETL (SSIS), PL/SQL and advanced Excel.
- Experienced in handling of large amounts of data ( Data Cleansing, Data Profiling & Data Scrubbing and Data Blending ). Worked on Data quality, Data integrity, Master Data Management.
- Work experience in analytics, working with data to convert large volumes of Structured and Unstructured Data into actionable insights and business values.
- Over 3 years of experience in Data Virtualization with Denodo.
- Extensive experience in creating Base Views, Derived Views, Joins, Unions, Projection, Selection, Union, Minus, Flatten Views, Interface and associations of data service layers in Denodo.
- Worked on development projects that were based on Data Virtualization concepts and creating web services in Denodo.
- Good experience in Java, Python, RDBMS, PL/SQL, TOAD, Oracle EBS Apps Technical, ETL (SQL Loader), Workflow Builder, BI Publisher, Tableau, DENODO - Data Virtualization.
- Developed Data Model by Data Virtualization techniques using Denodo 5.5 / 6.0 by connecting to multiple data sources such as SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop etc.
- Strong experience with R Visualization, Qlikview and Tableau to use in data analytics and graphic visualization.
- Knowledge of Data modeling and Data warehousing concepts with emphasis on ETL, Life Cycle Development (SDLC) including Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Optimization, Testing and Support.
- Understanding and knowledge of Confidential / IHC / Basel concepts - Credit Risk, Market Risk, Liquidity Risk.
- Experience working with Financial Banking systems dealing in Mortgages, Collateral Management, Consumer Banking, Trading, Confidential, Market and Reference Data.
- Extensive knowledge of various asset classes like Loans, Leases, Agreements, Deposits, Asset Backed Securities, Secured Financing Transactions, Equities, Fixed Income & Derivatives.
- Extensive Knowledge of POS (Point of Sales) Offer Management, Offer Fulfillment, Customer Authentication, Operations and other CRM related workflow processes.
- Knowledge of various asset & liability products like Secured & Unsecured Credit, Checking Plus, Checking, Savings, CDs (Certificate of Deposits), Insured Money Market, Citibank EZ Checking etc.
- Extensive experience in documenting business requirements, use cases, functional specifications and test plan documents.
- Strong Oracle/SQL Server programming skills, with experience in working with functions, packages and triggers.
- Extensive experience in leading cross-team meetings during the Requirements Elicitation and Analysis phase. Ability to facilitate JAD sessions, conduct UAT and GAP analysis.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Data Analysis
- Data Remediation / Reconciliation
- Data Visualization
- Data Sourcing / Management
- Data Virtualization
- Data Warehouse Implementation
- Perl / Shell
- Project Management
- Liquidity Risk
- Master Data Management
- Business Analysis
- IHC / Confidential / Basel
SYSTEMS EXPERIENCE AND PROFICIENCIES:
- Performing Data Visualization / Sourcing / Analysis / Virtualization / Remediation.
- Expertise in PL/SQL, Excel and Reporting
- Writing Functional and Technical Specifications (FSDs) for development teams
- Creating Test Strategy, Test Plans & Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) based on business interactions.
- Supporting & documenting software releases, post-implementation procedures and lessons learnt.
TECHNOLOGIES AND TOOLS:
Databases: MS SQL Server, MS SQL, Oracle, MS Access, SSIS (Integration Services)
Data Visualization Tools: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Qlikview
Data Analysis: Graph, Dashboard, SAS/Base, SAS Macros, SAS Graph, SAS/SQL, R (Statistical Software)
Data Virtualization: Denodo
Reference Data Management: Collibra
Testing Tools: Mercury QuickTestPro, Mercury QualityCenter
Workflow Modeling: MS Visio, MS Project
Documentation & Reporting: RTC, Jira, Planview, ServiceNow, Rational Clearquest, Rational Clearcase, MS Office
SDLC Methodology: Agile, ITIL and Waterfall
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, R, C/C++, Python, VBScript, VBA, XML, UML, Perl, Shell Scripting
Platforms: Windows, MAC OS, UNIX
Sr. Data Analyst, Data Virtualization Consultant
- Worked as liaison between IT and Business on Confidential and Liquidity projects. Includes in-depth analysis of data coming from various systems like SDM (Servicing Data Mart), Loan systems (MSP, IRESS).
- Worked on Data Virtualization tools to connect Heterogeneous Data Source and to standardize the data across the organization which will be used as a feed to OneSumX (WKFS tool for Regulatory Reporting).
- Created Base View, Derived view, Union & Join Views & exposed the views to Reg Reporting team. Assisted in creating a Canonical model for delivering the Loans, Leases, Factoring, Credit cards, Deposits & Mortgage data to different corporate functions.
- Created Data Models by extracting the data from various data sources by connecting through JDBC, ODBC, and OLEDB. Created scheduled jobs for data extracts and report reloads by Denodo Scheduler.
- Upgraded Denodo 5.5 to Denodo Express 6.0 and solved many challenges and provided suggestion to Denodo Vendor for future enhancements.
- Experience in Installing and Configuring Virtual Data Port(VDP) Database setup in Denodo. Having strong capability of managing end to end data flow using virtualization layer at Data Warehouse.
- Built OLAP cubes using SSAS to fetch data from financial data mart to automate regulatory reporting.
- Created detailed analysis on MRIA and build, automate process to capture user template needed for Regulatory Reporting .
- As one of the core member of Application Design Team, got the opportunity of Designing and Developing a Metadata based Application Development Tool using SQL Server (SSIS, T-Sql).
- Developed and Implemented Data Quality Monitoring system to catch and report exception from receivables system. Ex (Siccode, Country Code and Sourcesystem ) which aids in feeding clean data to DSL & OneSumX.
- Built process to handle PII information needed for Customer Balance reports from client online bank.
- Worked closely with business to understand needs and converting into technical solution.
- Worked closely with Enterprise and Data/ Solution Architects to identify data sourcing strategies and produced multi-facet Risk and Control Reports.
Environment: Sql Server 2008/2012, DENODO Virtualization Tool, SSIS, SSAS, QRM(Risk Management Tool), Tableau 9.0, Collibra, Informatica Data Quality, OneSumX, and Oracle 9i, Commercial Banking
Confidential, Livingston, New Jersey
Sr. Data Analyst, Denodo Developer
- Created Unified views - Base Views, Derived Views, Flatten Views from the heterogeneous & dispersed data coming from OWB. Exposed these views to different corporate functions like CCRR, Tax, Risk etc.
- Conducted interviews with the SME’s to understand the data for each system and created Data Specification Document, Data Mapping Documents, Requirement Documents, for the same.
- Created Technical Specification documents for the Data Elements which are needed by Federal Reserve for Liquidity Risk Reporting.
- Extensively used SQL with Excel to query, analyze and summarize data. Wrote stored procedures to automate ETL processes.
- As OWB Systems couldn’t provide some of the required data elements for Risk & Credit Analysis , worked with OWB Accounting team to get the required data and performed reconciliations against the Loans/Agreements .
- Since the OWB feeds had to be used - which were not true reconciliation feeds, created a feed matrix and identified required elements (Agreement ID, Loan ID, Counterparty, Current Contractual amount, Product type) etc. and optional elements (Transaction Currency, Sub-Product,) etc. from each of the feeds.
- Created over 50 reconciliations from ground-up using feeds from OWB Systems and the Data feed from Accounting Team .
- Developed different charts using Tableau (Word clouds, Waterfall, Bump Charts, and Funnel Charts).
- Assisted in creating the project charter, project plan and detailed schedule for performing the reconciliations.
- Reconciled data parameters such as (OU (Operating Unit), BU (Business Unit) & GL code)) with millions of records from the source systems. Managed the data from Golden Sources and provided Chart of Accounts to Credit & Risk teams.
- Extensively worked on Data Profiling and crosswalks with Collibra (CIT Internal system for Standards & Reference Data).
Environment: Sql Server 2008/2012, Tableau 9.0, Collibra, Informatica Data Quality, Denodo, SSIS, UNIX/Windows and Oracle 9i, and Oracle 9i
Confidential, Saint Louis, MO
Data Analyst, Sr. Business System Analyst, Data Virtualization Developer
- Recognized as one of the top Data/System Analyst for contributing in designing and development of Investment Banking and Servicing systems of CitiBank NA.
- Main systems of Citibank-NA - NBS(National Banking System), Concierge, OSRO (One Step Relationship Opening), CWS(Citiphone WorkStation), CitiSmart, DB Sales etc. all would be replaced by Eclipse G2C V2 with all the functionalities of old/costly systems.
- Developed end to end DataVirtualization framework to enable users for creating ad-hoc reporting using Business Objects. Also developed customer portfolio reporting system.
- Connected Heterogeneous Data Source and to standardize the data across the organization using Data Virtualization Tool which was utilized by different corporate functions like CCRR, TAX, Treasury for reporting purposes.
- Created Base, Derived views and fine-tuned & optimized the performance of Complex views .
- Worked extensively to understand and finalize the requirements/processes with SME’s from different workstreams viz. Sales & Marketing, Product / Pricing & Statement, Account Opening, Wealth Management, Credit & Risk.
- Scheduled multiple meetings with SME’s of different US Legacy Systems like Account Opening/Servicing, Customer Relationship Repository, Backend Transactions Posting, Fraud detection etc. to understand system’s functionalities.
- Performed extensive analysis along with sub-workstream SMEs to decide functionalities to be included & avoided so as to minimize the local functionality variances. The scope was to limit variances to those items required for legal/regulatory reasons, to interface with local US systems and to those features critical to be able to participate in the local markets.
- Created User stories, Use cases/User guides using IBM RTC (Rational Team Concert) tool.
- Created enterprise level flows, demonstrating system architecture, connectivity, trade flows and timelines to identify gaps using Visio.
- Worked extensively with Singapore/Malaysia development teams and tracked their progress during each sprints (Agile Methodology) over the life of the project. Managed overnight releases working alongside release managers.
- Implemented a Data Warehouse for COPs(Customer Offer Palette) Application and business intelligence system that converted manually intensive reporting and analysis functions into an automated solution utilized by Offer & Lead Management teams in making decisions to provide offers to customers.
- Designed data profiles for processing, including running PL/SQL queries and using R for Data Acquisition and Data Integrity which consists of Datasets Comparing and Dataset schema checks.
- Performed exploratory data analysis like calculation of descriptive statistics, detection of outliers, assumptions testing, factor analysis, etc., in R.
- Conducted data/statistical analysis, generated Transaction Performance Report on monthly and quarterly basis for all the transactional data from U.S., Canada, and Latin America Markets using SQL server and BI tools such as Report services and Integrate services (SSRS and SSIS).
- Wrote and executed complex SQL scripts on ODBC and other SQL server database to extract data on terabyte and petabyte scale for analysis and modeling.
- Extensively used ETL to transform and load data from Oracle database, XML files, Flat files to Oracle.
- Performed UAT with senior product owner, business partners and helped the development team to resolve the issues.
- Prepared Train - the-trainer Material for the trainers to train additional resources which were hired for Rainbow USA project on temporary basis.
Environment: Sql Server 2008/2012, Collibra, DataVirtuality, Java, Mainframes, .Net, TIBCO, ESB, UNIX/Windows, Oracle 10g/DB2, Websphere App Server
Business/Data Analyst, Module lead
- Interacted with SME’s from all business streams (Designers, Analysts, Product Mangers, Legal, Operations etc.) to gather requirements and perform change analysis. Helped elicit system changes from business requests.
- Worked with various cross-functional teams viz. Marketing, Training, Customer Service and Operations to coordinate stakeholder’s interest on the projects.
- Extensively involved in Writing PL/SQL Queries to meet the business requirements. Also tested stored procedures, functions and packages in PL/SQL.
- Extensively worked with the marketing/compliance team to elicit requirements pertaining to Navigability, User-Interface Design for Online users of CBOL (Citibank Online).
- Reviewed dynamics of originations for different credit and consumer loan products.
- After creating BRD, FRD & Use Cases, obtained sign-off from all the stakeholders from both the LOB (Line of Business) including CitiCards - Risk, Legal & Marketing and Retail - Business, Legal & Compliance.
- Worked with GCIF(Global Citibanking Integration Facility) team during UAT to confirm the unique codes which were sent from CBOL corresponding to the card selected.
- Developed test plans and test cases for integration testing of the account opening systems with servicing and other backend posting systems.
- Tracked post-deployment progress, identified improvements and proposed resolutions to existing issues.
Environment: VB.net, Sql Server 2008/2012, Tableau 9.0, UNIX/Windows, J2EE, Websphere Application Server, Collibra and Oracle 9i
Business/Data Analyst, Module lead
- Met with stakeholders and users to review / manage expectations related to the cost/deadlines etc.
- Identified the existing technology and business infrastructure to understand business processes.
- Communicated extensively with LATAM SME’s to understand the Hogan platform & define key requirements. Conducted interviews with the SME’s to understand how the accounts would be converted.
- Worked with Firefly (upstream system) to understand the fields which it would be sending to Concierge (Account opening application) in XML format to convert the accounts.
- Proactively prepared RASCI Charts and Cross-Functional Flowcharts using Excel and Visio.
- Worked with CMR - downstream (Customer Management Repository) team to confirm the fields which had been sent from Concierge/OSRO after account opening.
- Created detailed Sequence and Activity diagrams from use case models to show dataflow of within the layout manager and trade wizard.
- Analyzed business requirements and developed detailed functional and technical specifications for development teams.
- Worked with operations & off-shore business units in Irving, San Antonio and Poland for requirement management and acceptance testing. Managed the Offshore testing team in India.
- Developed test cases and use-case models for the reports interface. Used HP Quality Center to report bugs and defects. Performed UAT for local and remote users.
- Worked with production support teams to address the issues while conversion of accounts with Branch operators.
- Helped in preparation of training document for the operators which helped in the system navigation during accounts conversion.
Environment: XML, VC++, VB 6.0 basic, Windows, J2EE, Oracle, Websphere Application Server
- Actively participated in the requirement gathering meetings where the “Governing State” was defined along with FIMP(Financial Institution Market Place) to make pricing and related attributes configurable by state for Deposit and Loan accounts.
- Reviewed the Project Vision document and specified the Scope, Stakeholders and the High Level Business Requirements, following the Waterfall methodology. Performed GAP Analysis between the “As-Is” and the “To-Be” system.
- Systems from almost all Citibank channels viz. Financial Center, Internet - CBOL(CitiBank Online), ATM, Citibank Client Services, IVR(Interactive Voice Response) etc. were included.
- Conducted extensive review of the Disclosures, Welcome kits etc. which got revised to reflect systemic changes. Suggested changes after the review, which were incorporated into the final decision making.
- Wrote Functional specifications, test plans, implementation strategy.
- Extensively used SQL with Excel to query, analyze and summarize data. Wrote stored procedures to automate ETL processes.
- Monitored project for cost and schedule variances.
- Opened accounts in UAT environment to test - pricing/rates by state; revision of disclosures/welcome by states etc. E.g. Testing if Nevada is the FIMP for out of BTA(Bank Trading Area) customers.
- Closely worked with DBA team till the project went live to ensure proper pricing of the products based on the Governing State.
- Used ServiceNow tool (ITIL Methodology) for software development process and accurate documentation. Communication was a priority for audit purposes due to the large number of stakeholders involved.
Environment: Sql Server 2008, Peoplesoft, UNIX/Windows, J2EE, Oracle, Websphere Application Server