Data Warehousing: Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data marts, Online analytical processing (OLAP), Online Transaction Processing (OLTP), Predictive Analytics and Data Mining, Multidimensional and Tabular Models (MDX and DAX)— Big Data Apache Hadoop (Map Reduce, Hive, HBase, Storm, Spark), Python, Impala
Microsoft Visualization: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel, Power View for Excel, Power Map for Excel, PerformancePoint Services (KPIs, dashboards, scorecards), SharePoint Server/Online
Other Visualization Tools: Tableau (Desktop, Server, Online, Reader and Public)
Relational Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012, Oracle Hyperion, PostgreSQL, SAS, IBM DB2, SAP Sybase ASE, MySQL
Data Modeling and Design: CA ERwin Data Modeler
Enterprise Application Software (EAS): Content Management System (CMS), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Master Data Management (MDM) — Microsoft SQL Server Data Quality Services (DQQ) and Master Data Services (MDS), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Business Intelligence Developer / Big Data Engineer
- Working for an IT affiliate of a renowned healthcare provider, I used the Microsoft SQL BI stack to lead the effort in designing, implementing, and maintaining a “ Confidential ” DWH that provides members with a single point of contact to address their healthcare needs via a toll-free number or a communication channel.
- “ Confidential ” tap into a team of experts specializing in clinical care, emotional health, pharmacy, health care costs and medical plan benefits — to help each consumer navigate the health system. Data is extracted from various data sources, transformed, and loaded into a DWH via SSIS.
- Then, SSAS is used as OLAP tool to create cubes using data from the DWH for deeper and faster data analysis.
- Finally, I created Excel PowerPivot, SSRS, and Tableau reports to provide end-users with rich visualization and robust reporting.
- I’ve also contributed to several big data projects related to a Call Management System.
- I extracted CMS data from SQL Servers via Sqoop, loaded the data in to Cloudera Confidential clusters, and then transformed the data via HiveQL scripts.
- I created Python scripts to execute HiveQL queries and bash commands for daily ELT jobs and scheduled them via Oozie.
- Finally, I provided ad-hoc reports to end-users via Impala and created rich visualization reports with Tableau using blended parameters and dynamic hierarchies.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Senior Database Developer
- My responsibilities included working with BI, Sales, and Marketing to understand and translate business needs into detailed analytics action plans; provide data from raw logs and data tables, using well defined logic to pull, parse, aggregate, and analyze data (SSIS); synthesize data and provide output in a presentable, usable format for the end user or customer, including summarized analyses for executive management (T-SQL & SSRS); develop solutions to ingest multiple data sources and repositories including flat files, XML, and ODBC databases.
Confidential, Bothell, WA
- As a database developer, I contributed to the redesign and development of an internal tool used to manager account access to 750 applications.
- I worked with business analysts to translate business requirements into system requirements, and technical definition documents.
- My other tasks included creating, modifying, and optimizing stored procedures to feed into a ColdFusion front-end.
- As part of the project extensive data modeling was done using Visio.
- In addition, I created, modified, and optimized jobs, DTS, and DDL Schema.
- Defect tracking and source control via Rational tools used for defect tracking/source control.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
SQL Database Engineer Consultant
- Created OLAP Data Warehouse feeds utilizing DTS for ETL Processes feeding primary OLAP Cubes.
- Consulted an IT department on implementing a green belt Confidential project based on enhancing the multi-dimensional (OLAP) Cube Reporting System using SQL Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, Notification Services, and replication.
- Extensive work was also done on optimizing the current database structure with triggers, stored procedures and administrative automation tasks.
- Afterwards, I worked with web application developers to streamline and optimize database integration with ADO.NET.
Confidential, Kirkland, WA
SQL Database Engineer
- I extended SSRS (data processing, delivery, rendering, and security) in order to extend a new, more robust enterprise reporting service to internal/external customers.
- As part of the deployment process for the reports I automated the deployment process and testing thereof.
- Additionally, I designed, implemented, and tested a more robust and efficient database to power data behind SSRS.