IT Specialist with extensive experience in servers, database, SAP, networking and programming. Effective at working independently and as part of a team. I can also fix any personal computer problem, both software and hardware.
Applications: SmartPlant (P&ID, INtools, 3D), MS Visio, SmartSketch, Visual Studio, AutoCAD, Visual SourceSafe, HYSYS, Pro II, Aspen Plus, Aspen Zyqad, MathCAD, Crystal Reports, Adobe Photoshop, PageMaker, Macromedia Dreamweaver, PC Anywhere, Norton Antivirus, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, FrontPage), Lotus Notes
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL and MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP Professional/2000/NT/98, UNIX, Linux
Confidential, Pasadena, Texas
- Managed and maintained IT systems based on Microsoft, Citrix, and VMware server products such as Citrix XenServer, Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, Oracle and SharePoint.
- Responsible for Windows Server administration including Active Directory, file permissions, group policies, and management of the server structure.
- Maintained SharePoint database security and provided user support for SharePoint sites. Migrated legacy document repositories to Sharepoint.
- Created PowerShell and VB scripts to automate user administration tasks
- Virtualized legacy Windows and Unix servers. Administered Vmware and Citrix based solutions.
- Managed windows print servers across multiple sites. Configured and maintained hardware, software, peripherals, local and network printers for 250 users including remote employees
- In charge of creation and maintenance of SAP roles and user access for the company financial accounting, sales and distribution, production planning, material management and project system modules.
- Designed and implemented Laboratory Inventory Management System (LIMS) database. Converted legacy Access data base schema, tables, procedures and permissions to MS SQL. Performed ongoing data base maintenance including tuning, performance monitoring, capacity planning, replication, backup and recovery. Planned, documented, applied and tested Oracle patches and updates.
- Provided Exchange Server Administration support of user mailboxes, shared mailboxes,distribution lists, global address list (GAL) maintenance and backup/recovery of PST files.
- Tracked and organized license servers and tool license usage for all employees. Migrated from physical license tokens to server based solutions.
- Implemented company wide data and server backup using Backup Exec and VSS to Nimble Storage and Datacenter. Monitored and resolved systems backup issues to comply with disaster recovery plans.
- Created automated detail hardware and software inventory system based on Spiceworks.
- Led application evaluation, deployment and life - cycle management including upgrades, maintenance, repair and replacement.
- Insured compliance with legal requirements for security, segregation of duties (SOD), role management, and user access. Worked with business teams to develop, implement and improve on existing security controls to ensure adherence to all Sarbanes/Oxley IT controls
- Provided support to internal and external auditors, executed immediate remediation plans when IT audit issues and concerns are raised.
- Responsible for administration and maintenance of plant automation and control software Wonderware and Proficy iFIX (HMI and Historian).
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Completely redesigned beta version of Confidential with enhancements for metric units, automatic Hysys and Aspen Plus version recognition, Intools compatibility and improved quality and quantity of equipment specifications.
- Maintained Confidential user interface with updates for newer versions of HYSYS, Pro II, INtools and proprietary hydraulic simulator (PALS)
- Created intelligent custom datasheets for external vendor pumps, heat exchangers, control valves and instruments to facilitate compatibility with Confidential database architecture.
- Spearheaded end user adoption of Confidential via conducting remote and on-site installation, training, ongoing support and enhancements to fulfill customer needs and requirements
- Global support and management of Confidential with emphasis on facilitating intra-discipline communication, cooperation among engineers and data consistency
- Conducted individual training and mentoring of newly hired engineers as well as new tool release classes for engineering groups.
- Maintained and redesigned web site for the software installation, troubleshooting and tutorial
- In charge of implementation, updates and maintenance of SmartPlant databases
- Provided training and continuous software support for drafters.
- Participated in testing, evaluating and debugging of next generation of software with specialists from Intergraph
- Created new graphical equipment, piping symbols and methodology for rapid bring up and adoption by the engineering and drafting teams