- Results - focused product management professional with more than 5 years of demonstrated experience across a broad array of technical disciplines including mobile/consumer, wearable, automotive, IoT, cloud services, security, networking, UI/UX, software, and mobile payment.
- Adept at driving comprehensive product lifecycle strategies and advanced tactical execution from product introduction through end of life; instrumental in leading high value/volume ($100M+ revenue) WiFi/Bluetooth SOC communication semiconductors.
- Exceptional blend of engineering and business acumen, deep technical background, and proven success in assessing strategic technology needs product management, marketing, business development, and engineering of software, mobile payment, location, and multimedia technologies.
- Well-versed in driving cross-functional, multi-shore, multi-disciplinary teams to ensure alignment and execution of new and emerging product lines spanning across Asia, Europe, and North America.
- Product Strategy, Management, Marketing
- Strategic Planning & Execution
- Program Management
- Strategic Partnerships
- Go To Market Strategy
- Technology Marketing & Evangelism
- Key Account Management
- Cloud Services
- Voice & Multimedia
- TCP/IP Networking
- SW Development
- Mobile Payment
- WiFi, BT/BLE, NFC, V2X (11p), 60G(11ad), Cellular, GNSS, Sensor, VR
- Android, Linux, Windows, RTOS
- C/C++, PHP, SQL
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. Product Manager
- Managed the product lifecycle of high value/volume ($100M+ revenue) WiFi/BT SoC products.
- Was responsible for product P&L including revenue, cost, margin, inventory, licensing cost, and other financial aspects.
- Worked with UI/UX teams to provide easy-to-use and engaging user experiences for mobile products and services.
- Managed the NFC-based mobile payment software product development.
- Developed and executed software strategies across an extensive range of wireless connectivity technologies (WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, and Sensor Hub) for Mobile, Consumer, Automotive, and IoT products.
- Created and maintained WiFi/BT SoC SW roadmap and Android Bluetooth Host SW stack roadmap.
- Led a cross-functional team (including 50+ engineers) to manage key strategic activities with Google including Android Mobile and Wearable products like Nexus-6, Nexus-9, and Nexus-6P, and Android Watch product launches; and WiFi/BT SW feature development for Lollipop, Marshmallow, and N Android releases.
- Drove Nexus program OEMs, and build appropriate relationships at various levels and functions at the accounts.
- Worked with Marketing & Sales teams to successfully secure design wins with Mobile phone OEMs like Samsung, and Huawei, automotive OEMs like GM, BMW, and Toyota, and with IoT vendors like Nest, GoPro, and Fitbit.
- Created and maintained NFC, 802.11ad/60G SoC requirements, roadmap and delivery schedule.
- Led NFC, 802.11ad/60G product development, and coordinated FW, HW, SVT, and System Engineering teams.
- Served as WiFi/Bluetooth evangelist for cross-business units with Access, Wireless Entertainment, and IoT teams.
- Supported pre- and post-sales efforts to successfully secure design wins and ramp products to production.
- Participated in customer engineering meetings and streamlined program schedules and managed escalation for new issues and requests. Analyze market trends and maintain market data (TAM, SAM, and Competitive).
- Maintain accurate/up-to-date build plans and ramp to production for customer programs.
- Reconciled customer demand/forecast/backlog and partnered with sales and operations managers to ensure smooth transitions to next generation products
- Analyze market trends and maintain market data (TAM, SAM, and Competitive).
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Spearheaded architecture, UI/UX design, implementation, and integration of the multimedia and IMS product.
- Drove a multi-site team of 60+ engineers in China, India, Israel, Croatia, and the United States to develop multimedia applications, and port Android OpenCore framework into FlexMobile platform.
- Established and defined multimedia and IMS product requirements including UI/UX (MRD/ Confidential ), roadmap and schedule managed Plan of Record and drove prioritization in collaboration with Product Management.
- Created and executed disciplines and communication processes that minimized schedule and program risks.
- Coordinated key customer requirements with leading vendors.
- Managed integration of 3rd-party SW products for customers.
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
Sr. Director of Technology
- Defined product requirements, roadmap, and software architecture for key Japanese OEMs and Operators.
- Managed strategic customer/partner relationships, including Sharp, Toshiba, TI, Softbank, China Mobile, and Vodafone.
- Evaluated and maintained specific components of business process solutions, as well as resulting relationships with overall systems. Identified risks and assumptions pertaining to entire system domain.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Product Manager / System Architect
- Identified and defined product requirements (MRD/ Confidential ), roadmap, and managed POR.
- Authored system requirements, SW component requirements, architecture/design, and system test documents.
- Led a team of 40+ engineers in India and US to develop Multimedia and IMS frameworks.
- Co-founded Khronos OpenMAX AL WG, and contributed ~ 50% of OpenMAX AL 1.0 spec requirements.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Senior Member of Technical Staff
- Authored product requirements ( Confidential ), architecture documents, and led talented teams of members to develop:
- Wireless Multimedia Network Gateway, a $3M joint project between Confidential and NTT. Project revenue accounted for 80% of company’s 1st-year revenue.
- Multimedia Streaming Gateway for Confidential to launch the world first live 3G streaming service in Japan.
- 3G-324M video phone application for Confidential to use in the acceptance test.
- 3GPP Mobile Multimedia Player for Samsung and Vodafone to use in the first commercial Vodafone-Live service.
- Mobile Multimedia Streaming Server, deployed in Orange for the 3G multimedia service.
- Multimedia engines, used in Android OpenCore multimedia framework.