- Credit Approval, Administration, Structure, Business Development, Analysis & Compliance/Asset Valuation, Preservation & Recovery
- Dynamic executive - level management, business development and consulting career with twenty-nine+ years excelling in timely delivery of loan approval, thorough risk analysis and management, business development and relationship management, loan compliance and closing.
- Effective leadership in the coordination and training of multi-functional departments toward the successful achievement of individual and overall corporate goals.
Chief Credit Officer
- Reconstructed credit and portfolio management teams and provided leadership and support of the for C&I, Small Business, Government Guaranteed and CRE credit and lending team launched initiatives in participation lending and client expansion profitability enhancement through more active portfolio management, as well as actively participated in the jumpstarting of the SBA Lending program.
- Provided leadership and support of the for C&I, Government Guaranteed and CRE credit and lending team; reduced credit decisioning time cycle via redundancy elimination, enhanced critical thinking and initial calling efforts effectively eliminated past dues via enhanced portfolio management efforts versaw the negotiation and approval for credit facilities and generated nearly $11MM in new business myself through active portfolio management, needs-based identification, and simple “asks” for referrals; authored risk assessments for entrance into new line of business and risk tolerances for portfolio concentration limits instrumental in maintaining solid asset quality rating during OCC exam and vendor-engaged independent loan review and compliance assessment
LOSS SHARE COMPLIANCE AND COMMERCIAL &RETAIL CREDIT EXECUTIVE
- Loss Share Compliance Officer: wrote corporate policies and procedures for adherence to Loss-Share Agreement that ensured and aided in the reimbursement of $60MM+ from the FDIC received satisfactory OCC and FDIC audit ratings absent any material findings effectively staffed, managed, mentored/trained and led asset recovery analytical staff throughout four-state footprint that supported asset recovery and reimbursement effort
- Commercial & Retail Credit Executive: led and held ultimate accountability for the structuring, negotiating and approval of 600+ credit facilities totaling $750MM+ in within a variety of C&I, business banking, small business and CRE disciplines; annually generated $10MM+ in new business myself via developed historical relationships and maintained centers of influence throughout banking career via needs-based identification, and simple “asks” for referrals; maintained exceptional overall credit quality, reaffirmed through various internal and external audits/credit reviews/credit risk assessments effectively assimilated the 22nd largest small business generation entity in the United States into Confidential ’s credit culture and processes rebuilt a decimated retail underwriting support team rebuilt a commercial portfolio management support team that eliminated administrative past dues and reduced policy and documentation exceptions and issues actively contributed to an overhaul of commercial and retail credit policy and procedures; and successfully managed/mentored/trained an underwriting staff of as many as 17 teammates
SELF-EMPLOYED BANKING & BUSINESS CONSULTANT
- Receivership Assistance Contractor/Project Manager: recovered 88% of outstanding principal balance and 105% of asset valuations for assets worked in closed bank/non-performing loan portfolios coordinated the transfer of large portfolios to centralized operations repudiated numerous unfunded commitments, salary contracts, lease contracts and other assets; and ensured Client satisfaction through timely reporting, ethical project management
- Acquisition Due Diligence Consultant: analyzed hundreds of credit relationships in order to ascertain and/or evaluate: repayment probabilities; collateral protection; adequacy of existing loss reserves and loss reserve methodologies; underwriting procedures and structural development; and institutional management that successfully assisted in placing tens of millions of dollars in private investment/financial institution re-capitalization
- Commercial Loan and Compliance Audit Assist Consultant: analyzed hundreds of credit relationships in order to ascertain and/or evaluate: repayment probabilities; collateral protection; adequacy of existing loss reserves and loss reserve methodologies; underwriting procedures and loan compliance issues that successfully assisted in the accurate and timely financial reporting for community and regional institutions by auditing firms
- Senior Business and Banking Consultant: counseled and placed in excess of $20MM in financing arrangements that were complemented with nearly $5.0MM in core deposits and ancillary services such that win-win-win situations resulted for all parties
COMMERCIAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/TEAM MANAGER/MARKET LEADER
- Team Lead: trained, mentored and oversaw business development staff that numbered as many as eight to the successful achievement of individual goals such that corporate goals of business development (and asset quality) were reached/exceeded maintained approval responsibilities and voting on Board-sized credits/relationships
- Market Leader: selected sites and oversaw construction and/or lease build out for new loan production offices identified and managed staffing within groups that repetitively exceeded business development projections and expectations successfully managed all processes within established budgets (some of which were self-implemented/developed)
- Business Development Officer: successfully generated, managed, underwrote and structured commercial and commercial real estate loan business in excess of $400MM that were accompanied by $36MM in fee generation and nearly $90MM in core deposits, enhanced by repetitively being the leading cross-selling ancillary service and product officer
MAKRET SENIOR CREDIT OFFICER
- Past dues held to no greater than 1.7% of total outstandings for a $500MM regional banking operation repetitive satisfactory internal and external loan review results as reported in Board-level reports by all agencies successful minimization of any documentation, technical or policy exceptions evidenced by internal and external audits zero charge-offs experienced at a $500MM banking center during tenure at position instrumental in consolidating banking operations in three counties to form $500MM regional banking operation