- Ambitious project management and business analysis professional with 14 - years of solid track record in delivering top tier performance. Savvy, results-oriented leader with proven success in managing multimillion-dollar software development and financial schemes in Confidential and Confidential ; interpreted data for the purpose of determining past performance and forecasted project financials. Developed management tools to measure, analyze and standardize operational and financial needs.
- Proven track record of project development control and business analysis; managed baseline controls by performing trend and risk analysis to maximize data integrity.
- Assisted with the analysis of user needs and the design and implementation of new and modified management information systems in the Confidential ; supported the analysis, development and integration of new and revised departmental and enterprise wide directives and aided in the formation and advancement of an audit program for regional governmental divisions. Collaborated with cross-functional teams in project development/maintenance and program operations.
- Developed and implemented software application projects in various industries including Federal Government, Banking, Supply Chain and marketing and web solutions firm.
- Highly knowledgeable in process improvement Six Sigma methodology, Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), requirements gathering, analysis, quality management and project management (SDLC, Agile, SCRUM). education/Certification
- Decisive, action-oriented and results-focused professional offering 14-years in project management, business analysis and process improvement (Six Sigma) in a highly collaborative cross-functional (business and technology) environment; Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)/Software Engineering Life Cycle ( Confidential ) - planning, documentation/analysis, design, testing, implementation, and post-production support (Agile/Scrum Methodology)
- Successful leadership and management experience; assumed management/lead roles and demonstrated exceptional analytical and interpersonal skills on high visibility IT/business projects; Solid verbal and written communications skills. Effective skill in building excellent rapport with clients and team
- Highly focused in supporting complex, deadline driven assignments; able to identify goals, priorities and resolve issues in the initial stage to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, inventing creative ways to improve project success and meet client expectations
- High degree of qualitative and quantitative analytical skills in requirements gathering, analyzing/evaluating, and improving the efficiency of operations; adept at developing and maintaining processes that increase efficiency and achieves the company’s objectives (best practices)
- Proficient in an array of applications: Microsoft Office (MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, MS Word ), JIRA, Requisitepro, HP ALM, DOORS, CA Clarity PPM, Deltek, SPSS, Flash, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Basic SQL, SAP (ERP/CRM), PeopleSoft (HRMS/CRM) and Oracle (ERP) functional user.
- Worked in PHP environments, i.e. WordPress, Drupal, Apache, MediaWiki and Joomla.
- Sound OS expertise (MS 2000, MS XP, MS 2007/Vista, MS Windows 7, Windows 8, Linux and MAC OS X)
Sr. Project Consultant
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) and trusted advisor who provided fluid communication amongst all effected throughout the System Engineering Life Cycle ( Confidential ); assisted and coached Project Teams throughout the lifecycle and helped Project Teams understand all required steps to successfully pass through each stage of the lifecycle, i.e. scrum/ agile releases.
- Illicit high-level software requirements into concrete feature designs and architecture. Provide support and visualization with Graphical User Interfaces (GUI), User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) designs and wireframes
- Provided effective coordination and facilitation of the Confidential stage reviews, risk identification, requirements traceability and process improvement initiatives while ensuring that they adhered to the Office of Information of Technology’s’ (OIT) clear priorities and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Led requirements gathering, analysis, documentation and process improvement for a collaboration/social media agile cloud project with the Confidential, Office of the Chief Information Officer ( Confidential ) and the Office of Public Affairs (OPA) team as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a COTS product.
- Responsible for supporting the systems definition process in developing application requirements by ensuring that requirement were accurately reflected in the business process and understood during the design/customization of the application including Section 508 constraints; developed GUI screen designs
- Collaborated with internal and external units (business and technical) to develop detailed project workbook, which included project schedule, action items, wish list, risk & impacts tracker, lesson learned, roles and responsibility and communication plan; continuously review and updated/revised workbook to accommodate changes in project direction.
- Interfaced with senior management to provide and obtained information and to build consensus regarding project direction.
- Managed scope and minimized risk across the project.
- Provided support to resolve project, vendor management, resource and design issues before they caused schedule delays.
- Participate and facilitate business stakeholder meetings
- Developed and provided input to business process documentation, business workflow and system training.
- Acted as point of contact to research, analyze, document and resolve issues. Defined and developed communication plans and training requirements and materials; coordinated and conducted training
- Responsible for identifying improvement opportunities for reporting by researching and getting input from the Confidential /OPA team. Developed survey questionnaires for users to assess the pilot phase of the application.
- Also, generated a streamline process for the service desk of the new application. Provided ad hoc reports.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Responsible for understanding government regulations with special attention to quality management and process improvement (business process modeling); liaison to the deputy director, division director and program manager. Reviewed internal controls, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable Federal guidelines and policies of the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) and Office of Inspector General ( Confidential ).
- Developed Confidential audit tools and performed audit in Confidential region visit.
- Collaborated with internal and external business units in developing improved capabilities in the areas of documentation; performed research, quality assurance, requirements gathering, analysis and recommend priorities, goals for future program needs, internal control changes and assessed impact on current procedures
- Interviewed SMEs at all levels to analyze policies, work procedures and operational methods for the needs analysis stage of internal compliance audit development
- Assisted in a special project on behalf of the Confidential Director on Confidential border operations/security concerns; performed data collection, trend analysis and developed statistical spreadsheets/chart tools of border initiatives in northern (Buffalo, NY and Detroit, MI) and southern (El Paso, TX, Laredo, TX, San Ysidro) regions. Performed trend analysis on Confidential incident reports and budget/actuals spent on contracts/PSOs and SWAs.
- Oversaw project management, communications and assist with reporting as follows: analyze operating procedures to devise the most efficient methods of accomplishing work in an agile environment: review work structure, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, and guidelines within the PMO.
- Provided support and guidance in process improvement; analyze streamlines and provide governance for policy guidelines. Developed and maintained program plan; identified and quantified risks, recommended risk avoidance/mitigation plans.
- Gathered information from existing documents and from subject matter experts in order to develop/draft and update data, such as management directives, white papers, user manuals, surveys, decision papers, assessments, briefings, Request for Proposals (RFPs) and procedural documents. Provide quality assurance for internal and external documents, reporting, and deliverables; create and maintain PMO templates.
- Conducted research and analysis, developed/reviewed and maintained measurement techniques/tools for reporting and tracking. Supported accomplishments, lessons learned and progress reporting; responds to task and initiative requirements and tracks priorities.
- Gathered and organized information on work structure including present operating procedures. Analyzed data gathered, developed information, and considered available solutions or alternate methods of proceeding. Organize and document findings of studies and prepare recommendations for implementation of new procedures.
- Acted as designated liaison with the Information Technology sector in performing system/workflow and project analysis of division/office processes.
- Proactively identified and communicated policy engagements and impact to client and impacted business resources.
- Developed and updated functional/operational manuals outlining established methods of performing work in accordance with organizational policy.
- Analyzed inconsistencies or problems in applications of policies and implementation of major programs for management appraisal, review, and improvement within units while developing organizational proposals involving extensive analysis and recommending significant changes in workforce distribution, and/or functional responsibilities.
- Analyzed proposed process changes to determine effect on overall work stream, and coordinates recording of modifications for management control
- Prepared and updated MS Project schedules and the installation/configuration of authorized technology and process solutions; integrated planned activities with all affected division/office operations to minimize business disruptions.
- Developed and maintained a master program schedule/milestone plan that includes historical data as well as current activities and maintain a comprehensive program documentation library.
- Monitored multiple projects on MS Project master schedule including the planning and implementing new computer equipments, sites, and services.
- Monitored and evaluated progress and success or failure of project.
- Performed SharePoint management and intranet site content management
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Responsible and accountable for project management and business analysis directed toward strategic financial and organizational objectives in the PMO group. Worked in conjunction with the Project Manager IS to manage the budget and asset plan (4.5 million dollars) during the agile go-live phase. Ensured that the budget plan and asset tracker was continually updated. Performed auditing/analysis on project invoices and monthly actuals/charges; Provided financial/accounting reports in MS Excel; communicated directly with Project Manager IS regarding status & progress of initiatives and current financial status of project; participated in financial reviews
- Maintained continuous alignment of financial scope with business objectives and made recommendations when necessary to enhance effectiveness toward the business result. Collaborated directly with business units to access the financial impact of business requirements and to reach consensus on alternative solutions when necessary in an effort to maintain a consistent fiscal structure. Identified and analyzed budget requirements and defined the scope of activities required to address issues, including requirement definition, process review, impact assessment and operational streamlining where appropriate
- Provided development support and maintenance on cost model (cost/benefit analysis); reconciled project costs and actual expenditure. Performed invoice/PO reconciliation, tracking, analysis, documentation, and management; responsible for mapping WBS entities to POs and actuals for asset/budget model accuracy and classifying assets by capital vs. expense; Responsible for providing proper documentation of financial records, so accurate budget forecast could be formulated
- Performed GAAP analysis, project tracking and asset/budget management for project assets (software, hardware, actuals/capital, expenses and labor costs)
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Involved in documentation of project needs, analysis/research of needs and possible solutions, identifying technology and business solutions, gathering, documenting, and updating business requirements; creating, reviewing, and validating process maps of a COTS software (agile environment).
- Responsible for continuously monitoring and tracking critical activities in the MS Project plan and alerting senior management to the possibility that non-critical activities may be delayed beyond their total float, thus creating a new critical path and delaying project completion. Used Microsoft Project for project tracking/scheduling and analyzed data in Excel, presented findings in PowerPoint and distributed content in MS SharePoint. Held accountable for the overall time management of the system release success.
- Provided analysis, documentation, testing and implementation support. Participated in testing of software; created a bug tracker to track defects.
- Developed training content, assisted in process modeling; conducted and participated in JAD sessions with system users; assisted with design walkthroughs with stakeholders
- Performed analysis on data extracted from SQL database and presented the report to senior management
- Defined requirements and collaborated on the development of a database system ranking process and analysis matrix for user interface
- Prepared daily and weekly project status reports, bi-weekly expense reports on contract labor (Estimated project costs for contract labor, 4.3 million dollars) and detailed monthly reconciliation identifying activities that affected project scope
- Supported the PMO management with project development through analysis, documentation, implementation, and post-production support
- Responsible for communicating status to senior management and stakeholders as appropriate. Hands-on experience in creating and updating IT project plans in MS Project and tracking defects in MS Excel.
- Provided ongoing project management support of 5-21 concurrent Wachovia Securities and AG Edwards property merger projects lasting duration of 1-month to 6-months; provided support in vendor management
- Ensured that objectives were accomplished in accordance with outlined priorities
- Delegated responsibilities, designed/managed time schedules and performed workflow analysis. Maintained information on SharePoint and performed documentation related to developing and modifying business processes and workflows.
- Designed metrics/models to more accurately predict project success phases
- Performed monthly internal self-audits and utilized effective problem solving skills within a team-structured environment
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Business Systems Analyst/Project Manager
- Provided functional analysis, process modeling and use case documents; wrote and maintained software development lifecycle (Agile (RUP, XP), RAD) documentation including requirements traceability matrix, WBS per increment and sprint, lesson learned/retrospective, test plans, RFPs and training documentation
- Ensured that assigned software projects were designed, developed, and deployed according to the client standards and processes (supported customized software and COTS products.); developed GUI screens designs (UX and UI designs)
- Developed and implemented strategies for data network management system, computer software/hardware infrastructures and search engine optimizations
- Developed website/database front-end mock-ups using Flash, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and MS Power Point
- Responsible for extracting reports from a PeopleSoft database system and providing content management on MS SharePoint site
- Created bug tracker tool for quality assurance in order to identify system defects. Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met
Confidential, Huntersville, NC
Jr. Business Analyst ( Associate Project Manager)
- Responsible for providing project support and vendor management by performing analytical functions, documentations, maintenance, tracking and reporting on the project plan using MS Project and MS Excel; performed statistical analysis using MS Excel and SPSS; continuously monitored and communicated the status and changes that affected the clients’ product/service request.
- Responsible for the initial project estimating, client relationship management, and creation of project specific Statements of Work (SOW) documentation.
- Provided presentations and training modules for clients/end users
- Supervised a team of 15 employees in charge of consumer support as well as training newly hired employees. Facilitated and documented communication with business users and the consumer support team to develop strategic solutions to foster sales efforts
- Handled the compilation and distribution of financial data and provided executive management reporting from an Oracle database system. Assisted in the completion and maintenance of general ledger of project costs