- Proficient with advanced custom expressions.
- Scripting OVER, Statistical, Spatial, Ranking, Math, Logic, Binning, Conversion, Date & Time, Text and Property functions.
- Creating and Registering custom data functions in R and/or S - Plus. Running SAS and MATLAB scripts through Spotfire.
- Embedding spotfire reports in web portals, websites and SharePoint.
- Data visualization best practices, interactive dashboards and guided analytics.
- Advanced geomapping configuration with multilayer integration.
- Building elements, joins, procedures & info links in info model layer.
- Library administration, Information Designer and Administration Manager Proficiency.
- Managing licenses, setting up and configuring spotfire users (5000+).
- Deploying cluster of spotfire servers including web player server, load balancing servers, automation services server, statistical services server and spotfire servers.
- Upgrading, patching, monitoring, ldap integration, installations and all other administration duties.
- Configuring Spotfire Application Data Services for multiple environments (Composite) including Netezza, Teradata, MS PDW, Oracle and other big data sources.
- Scheduled updates and automation services xml jobs.
- Server monitoring using geneous, splunk and creating alerts for exceptions.
- Spotfire infrastructure design and platform configuration for clusters, high availability of web player servers.
- Configuring spotfire information model by designing and developing back end stored procedures & complex queries for spotfire server information links.
- Exceptions reporting and analytics for applications.
- Bookmarks and analysis snapshots for guided analysis style reports.
- Deploying web server based dashboards in Spotfire 4.x, Spotfire 5.x., Spotfire 6.x and Spotfire 7.x
- Spotfire center of excellence standards domain knowledge.
- Training Analysts, knowledge base, documentation.
- Connecting with data; using the Tableau interface to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create calculations including string manipulation, advanced arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations.
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations: bar in bar charts - bullet graphs, box and whisker plots - pareto charts, build complex calculations to manipulate data, using statistical techniques to analyze data, using parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values, implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and using custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data, combine data sources by joining multiple tables and using data blending, make visualizations perform as well as possible by using the data engine, extracts, and using connection methods correctly, build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices, implement efficiency tips and tricks.
- Using statistical techniques to describe data.
- Using groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations.
- Using Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
- Tableau Administrator: Windows Server monitoring of Tableau Servers (externally), and internally using Tableau Administrative view workbook.
- Tableau directory service integration using Active Directory.
- Full utilization of TABCMD and TABADMIN to do server-side auditing and administration of groups, users, sites, server status through batch scripting or simple DOS prompt commands.
- Implementing end-to-end workbook, database, trusted security strategies by leveraging ISMEMBEROF, FULLNAME, etc. so as to achieve the desired level of security required by end-users.
- Implementing user or core-based licensing strategies.
- Design and deployment of high availability, failover, and distributed Tableau configurations across multiple domains.
- SAML implementation with reverse proxy.
- Tableau JOLT for stress testing.
- Configuration of Tableau VIZQL, Background, and Data Engine processes to adjust for performance across distributed configurations.
- Using F5 load-balancing for very active Tableau servers.
- Dashboard performance recording and tuning. DirectX and browser compatibility in improving user desktop performance.
- Full utilization of Tableau in-built Postgres database server to monitor user, browser, and server activity
- Cisco Information Server (Composite)
- Deploying single instance and active cluster of CIS server environment.
- Proficiency creating models and developing views in CIS using CIS studio.
- Configuring CIS monitor and administering shared resources for CIS environment.
- Development and provisioning of data services (web services) in CIS environment.
- Scheduling cache and automated jobs, data cleansing and transformations.
- Administration and integration of shared resources, versioning and authentication integration.
- Configuring and provisioning of several CIS adapters for integration of disparate data sources in CIS.
- Upgrading, patching, and administering deployments using deployment manager.
- Deploying and configuring deployment files, environment variables, unit testing and version control.
- Implementing high availability (HA) in client APIs, replicating query tables.
- Design event flow input and output streams.
- Implementing aggregate functions, embedded adapters.
- Testing and debugging packages.
- Development of modules, interfaces, dynamic variables, containers and parameters.
- Maintaining Java & Python functions and client APIs.
- Interpreting business rules and domain knowledge for better design of event flow solutions.
- Monitoring and administering stream base server cluster environment.
- Designing Confidential (High level Design Document) for Integration.
- Development of Confidential Process Templates for reusability of Confidential Process logic.
- Used Java utility codes from the Confidential Processes by calling them across the templates.
- Implementation of AE and RV messages in Multicast Request/Reply, Point to Point Request Reply, Publish/Subscribe messaging.
- Involved in Unit and Integration testing, bug fixing, acceptance testing.
- Deployment in services in Distributed Queue and Fault Tolerance modes.
- Configuration of TIBCO Substation DPL (Dynamic Program Link) and Triggers.
- Configuration of JMS Queues on WebLogic 7.2 Administrator.
- Numerical Analysis, Text Mining and Modeling of Mathematical, Financial and Physical Systems
- Proficiency in Python, R, SAS, MATLAB, machine learning, text mining, predictive modeling,
- Analysis of Variance, Linear Regression, Hypothesis Testing, Interpolation, Linear Programming, Monte Carlo Methods, Markov Chains, Black Scholes, VaR, Martingale & Quant finance models.
- Data Modeling, Data Mining, Business Intelligence & Analytics, ETL, Data warehousing & Reporting
- Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Tools such as CloverETL, SQL Server Integration Services, TalenD, Adeptia, Oracle Data Integrator, Pentaho & Informatica.
- Designing logical data models & schemas.
- Proficient in Creating reports & visualization with Tableau, Spotfire, Micro strategy & Qlikview.
- Designing, implementing and administering OLAP cubes for data warehouses and data marts.
- Experience with Database Management Systems& Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- Proficient in SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, DB2, Oracle 10g, 11g, Teradata and MySQL.
- Relational Database Design: ER Data Architect, DB Designer 4, CA ERWin Data Modeler R7, MySQL Workbench, Toad Data Modeler 3.3, UML, Toad Data Point.
- Proficiency with SAP, Oracle Applications, Oracle PeopleSoft and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Software and Programming Language Proficiency
Object-Oriented: Java, Microsoft Visual Studio C#, and PHP.
Object-based, procedural and event-driven: Visual Basic, VBA, Python, Iron Python, C and C++.
Database query languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, DMX, MDX, Hadoop, Software Development life cycle, Test Driven Development, Dependencies & SCRUM.
Technology Stack: Hibernate, J2EE, Maven, Spring STS, Eclipse, and JPA.
Web Services: Web Services Descriptive Language (WSDL), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Remote Procedure Call (RPC), REST and SOAP, Web Content Management Systems Microsoft SharePoint, Joomla, WordPress, Moodle, & Web Servers Apache, Microsoft IIS7.
Principal Business Intelligence / Analytics Consultant
Confidential, Dallas /Fort Worth
- Implemented contract and provider analytics dashboard project using spotfire. This data product included a series of spotfire dashboards tracking contract and provider metrics, KPI’s, regression analysis with contract coverage, clinical studies, SLA’s, drug manifestations, etc.
- Designed and developed a global supply chain perfect order data product and other finance, marketing dashboards using spotfire. Redesigned and configured spotfire server and web player server clustered High-Availability platform to accommodate a 1000+ user base across North America, South America, Europe, and Asia & Africa. This included a hybrid architecture scaling up and scaling out with cloud integration.
- Redesigned and developed a global supply chain dashboard and guided analytics operational intelligence tool using spotfire.
- Designed a reporting new data model from data-warehouse (Teradata), other big data sources (structured & unstructured) and data virtualization layer (Info model-spotfire) to feed the spotfire reports and dashboards with optimum performance.
- Setting up and configuring automation services for data refreshes and migrations to different spotfire server environment.
- Training of developers and analysts, knowledge base documentation, setting up a spotfire BI standards center of excellence with best practices use cases well documented.
- Collaborated with data science team to integrate machine learning algorithms and predictive analytics data products within the spotfire platform.
- Planned out and executed spotfire patch and upgrade for 7.0 & 7.5
- Designed and developed operations real-time dashboards for production engineering support, finance, water disposal, production optimization and consolidated data products using spotfire for business unit.
- Designed and developed predictive analytics data product using tableau for managing business loans to small business, farmers, etc. Product included weather data, census data, loan status data, etc.
- Frontier Communications: Redesigned and architected spotfire platform integrating it with AS400 systems via data virtualization platform.
- Integrating SAS & R into Spotfire & Tableau to build dashboards and analytic products for different lines of business. Also worked with offshore administration teams maintaining spotfire and tableau server environments. Pioneer member of team that established ETL and BI center of excellence. Transitioned to data science team building machine learning algorithms, text mining and other data products to support different LOB’s and enable bank to meet SLA’s with client agreements.
Confidential, Greater Nashville Area, TN
Sr Business Intelligence / Enterprise Analytics Consultant
- Design & implement Business Intelligence platform for Sales Engineering, QA and Marketing departments. SME, Training Analysts & developing C-level Exec dashboards.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Sr Business Intelligence / Enterprise Analytics Consultant
- Design & implement Business Intelligence platform for supply chain, inbound logistics, and finance & EPMO departments. SME, Training Analysts & developing C-level Exec dashboards.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr Business Intelligence Consultant
- Design & implement Business Intelligence platform & data warehouse for different lines of business. Spotfire & Tableau SME, Operational & Portfolio Reporting & Analytics.
Confidential, Dallas/Fort worth Area
Sr Business Intelligence Consultant
- Design & implement Business Intelligence platform & decision engine. Spotfire SME, Reporting & Analytics, Quant modeling, Data Mining, Portfolio optimization & Application production support.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Sr Business / Data Consultant
- Leveraging & Utilizing Business Intelligence tools to deliver Value Added Analysis, Executive dashboards, Scheduled & Adhoc reporting & Data Mining Outreach for Leads. Analytics & BI(SAP, Tableau, Toad Data Point, Toad Intelligence Central, Qlikview, Spotfire, Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau, SSAS, SSRS,SAS, SQL management Studio, Excel & SharePoint). ETL processing using Teradata, Informatica & SSIS.
Sr Consultant / Software Developer
- Complete design and implementation of software applications (web & databases) using Spring STS, Google Web Toolkit.
- Developed ETL processes using SSIS, SSAS including client data imports & auditing. Oracle & SQL Server 2008 development, database modeling, schema optimization, stored procedures, user defined functions & query optimization.
- Tableau & Spotfire dashboard design, implementation and maintenance.
Sr. Business/ Data Consultant
- Collaborated with accounting, finance and IT department to ensure efficient billing enterprise resource planning system, all billing functions and financial reports at national headquarters. (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS)