- Management professional with experience in Process Improvement, Delivery (Program/Project management), Enterprise Architecture, Risk Management, ERP implementation and Client Relationship management.
- Entrepreneur with real world experience of setting up a startup and bringing it to forefront of media and consumers.
- Conceptualized, designed, developed and marketed mobile app on iOS and android platform.
- Brought standardization and efficiency by aligning projects to ITIL v3 practices.
- Experience in FEA, DoDAF, TOGAF and Zachman frameworks for EA.
- Led project to be assessed for CMMI level 4 SCAMPI (Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement).
- Ability to translate business strategy in to IT Strategy.
- Represented segment architectural issues to agency level Architecture Review Board (ARB).
- Conceived, designed and reported business system concept, architecture and requirements for various projects.
- Assisted numerous projects by creating and customizing rule engine based application to tailor and guide required EA artifacts.
- Maintain a high - level view that takes into account applications, data formats and hardware platforms and how these three parts of IT interact.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP®) from Project Management Institute.
- Highly analytical and quantitative aptitude (scored 97th percentile ranking in quantitative assessment in GMAT ‘96).
- Experience in holding brain storming sessions, delivering training, facilitating JAR/JAD sessions, hosting a town hall meetings and negotiating conflict resolution matters.
- Implemented six sigma efforts to find ways to reduce cost and make the program more scalable. This resulted in multiple improvement ideas such as:
- Reduce data center and hardware cost by 40%
- Reduce database size by 30% by better utilizing COTS RDBMS schema
Industries: Healthcare Information Technology, Call Center, Treasury, Government, Agriculture, Research & Development, Telecom, Utilities, Insurance
Functional Areas: Project Management, Earned Value Management, Deployment/Execution Planning, Change Management, Marketing and Relationship Development, Services Realization and Maintenance, Business Development, Information Architecture, Semantic Web Ontology, P2V
Methodologies: Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) Framework, Zachman Framework, The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), CMMI, ITIL, Cloud Computing (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), Balance Score Card, Lean Six Sigma, COBIT, Rational Unified Processes (RUP), UML, Waterfall and Agile scrum for software development, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microsoft Solution Framework (MSF), Function Point Analysis, Web 2.0, HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File System)
ERP/COTS: Siebel, SAP, Informatica, Oracle, MS Dynamic CRM
Programming & DB: C/C++, VB, Power Builder, .Net, TFS, Sharepoint, J2EE, Java Platform EE 5-7, MVC, ASP, UNIX and Windows Oracle, Sybase, DB2, SQL server, MySQL, NoSQL, XML, HTML 5, Web services (Soap, Rest), Apache tomcat, jBoss, iOS SDK, Android SDK
Tools: Microsoft Project, MS SharePoint, IBM Rational System Architect (AKA Telelogic’s SA), Haley (AKA Rule Burst), Clarity/niku, Rational Clear Quest, Clear Case, Requisite Pro, Test Manager, Documentum, Minitab, Remedy, Matlab, Functional Tester, Microsoft Office, Opnet, MS Visio, Mercury QTP, Load Runner, Informatica, SPSS, Solr/Lucene, Autonomy, MEGA, Protégé, Amazon AWS, Citrix
Sr Business Architect
- In collaboration with Chief Information Office, created agency’s technology roadmap showing future state technology views
- Created Target Enterprise Architecture description which detailed description of the Business, Data, Application, Infrastructure and Security Architecture.
- Created enterprise transition plan detailing catalytic projects and other consolidation and enhancement activities.
- Conceptualized business needs and design the early prototype of the mobile application.
- Managed cloud architecture which comprised of AWS EC2 with RDS and BeanStalk.
- Managed geographically dispersed team responsible for development, test and quality assurance on multiple platforms.
- Established cloud based solutions for common enterprise wide functions e.g. time & attendance, email, accounting, etc.
- Interacted with legal counsel and other administrative assistance as needed for successful launch of the app.
- Developed and filed patents related to the invention.
- Oversaw development of HTML 5, iOS and Android programming modules and web services using Java platform EE 7
- Develop and maintain agency-wide segment architecture approach and framework, to include a program architecture guide consistent with OMB, DoD, and IC guidance on development of architecture artifacts and products;
- Created several DoDAF 2.0 artifacts such as AV-1,2, OV-1,2,5a,5b,6c, SvCV-1,2,6, PV-1,2, DiV-1,2, etc.
- Performed MEGA administration tasks such as adding/updating and removing architect users, upgrading the software, installing patches, providing training to onboarding team members, creating prototypes for new EA artifacts, ensuring appropriate governance of the repository, clarifying MEGA meta-model to team members, etc.
- Perform architecture gap analysis, and analyze and report on gaps between “as-is” state versus “to-be” state in coordination with stakeholders;
- Support development of agency-wide segment architecture policies, procedures, and processes and draft effective and efficient procedures consistent with the segment architecture framework;
- Chair internal and external governance activities (e.g., policy review board, architecture review board, etc.);
- Devised implementation plan for achieving ‘As a Service’ paradigm (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) for software, data storage and computing needs of the pentagon customers.
- Implemented Cloudera Hadoop prototype and evaluated needs for the big data.
- Identify new and emerging technologies that are relevant to the agency and recommend appropriate technologies to executive leadership. Created Roadmap for ‘Moving To The Cloud’;
- Develop architecture performance metrics and reports and monitor, assess, and report on compliance of architecture segments by stakeholders;
Sr. Data/Information Architect
- Prepared strategic outline for full utilization of Confidential ’s unstructured information into decision making process.
- Created knowledge library tool to collaboratively share enterprise knowledge using Microsoft TFS and Sharepoint Wiki features.
- Reviewed and approved DHS’s NIEM (National Information Exchange Management) Information exchange packets.
- Worked with Micro Strategy, Autonomy and other tools for implementing semantic web solutions.
- Worked closely with Enterprise Architecture team to come up with Data Architecture roadmaps.
- Finalized and documented enterprise data management standards
- Represented Confidential at various department level meetings.
- Audited various development programs (developed in J2EE, Java Platform EE 5) for enterprise compliance.
Sr. Enterprise Architect/ Information Arch.
- Created first-ever aeronautical domain ontological/semantic model for creating and exposing interrelationships between various information categories and SOA services.
- Enabled and excited the end user to document their business processes in UML by Introducing and implementing a cloud based Business Process Management solution.
- Encouraged knowledge sharing and collaborative environment by implementing a Wiki based knowledge sharing solution.
- Brought up segment architecture issues hampering interoperability and streamlined work processes to agency level Enterprise Architecture Review Board.
- Encouraged interoperability and reduced waste by standardizing the technical and other standards to be followed by the enterprise projects.
- Provided strategic and technical leadership in developing and implementing standardized architecture and planning processes.
- Analyzed the open source technologies (PostgreSQL) and its total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Clarified the Data architecture and Information architecture domains to define the scope of authorized source of data and information providers. Laid the foundation for Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) between data and information providers.
Business Process Architect
- Provided model driven and rules based recommendations to create an authoritative database for individual taxpayer accounts.
- Identified issues and gaps in replacing the current Individual Master File (IMF) applications.
- Articulated the true business intent in the architectural roadmaps by defining scope for each incremental update for the eventual target state for tax processing functionality within the updated environment.
- Create ELC artifacts such as Business System Concept Report (BSCR), Business System Architecture Report (BSAR), etc. to comply with Confidential ’s software development lifecycle stages
- Led team to use story boarding, diagramming and analysis tools to elicit and document business requirements, rules and terms.
- Eliminated need for manual input for about one-fourth of the notices using business rules based approaches.
- Reviewed internal contracts/MOUs and determined the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to be met by the client. Mapped these SLAs with each process to ensure compliance.
- Recommended minimum required applications and systems to achieve end state to avoid duplications unnecessary data transformation and processing delay.
- Established accountability by tying Operations Level Agreement (OLAs) with the subcontractors and mapped them to agreed-upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Created swim lane and other entity relationship process diagrams depicting hands-off between Government, external vendors and Service Desk.
- Elaborated architecture views by the way of operational Process Models, Rule models, UML based Activity models, State Transition models, Event diagrams and Logical Data models.
- Suggested EA compliant business architecture to provide single gateway for the agency’s 376 case management applications and over 79 Work Management applications
- Validated the business principles, business goals, and strategic business drivers of the organization and the enterprise architecture Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Helped the agency data architect to stand up the Data - Community of Practice (CoP) for Data cleansing, Data Analytics, Meta-Data Management and envision the target state Data Models.
- Conceived strategic business plans and communicated them by creating 'As-Is' (or baseline), ‘To-Be’ (End State) and Transition architecture views.
- Worked under aggressive timeline and politically charged environment.
M anagement Consultant
- Performed technical due diligence for M&A situation between Health Insurance companies.
- Led project to be assessed for CMMI level 4 SCAMPI (Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement) assessment.
- Established companywide PMO organization and tools. This enabled CMMI level 3 compliance and skilled personnel from the day one.
- Led Joint Application Requirement / Design (JAR/JAD) sessions with client representatives.
- Started the Change and Configuration Management practices in the project and chaired Executive Change Control Board (ECCB).
- Managed complex SAP/Siebel project using RICEF (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements and Forms) and ADM ( Confidential Delivery Method) development framework
- Selected and customized standard set of tools for managing Requirements, Issues, Risks and deliverables.
- Ensured the ability to fail over by creating Disaster Recovery plan and executing fail over drills.
- Installed, configured, customized Documentum for managing enterprise content management
- Led virtualization efforts to reduce the data center footprint. Enabled the operational environment with fewer servers, utility costs and storage to maintain the environment.
- Simplified monthly invoice of the participant by making program changes in process & SAP system.
- Implemented program improvements to reduce database size by 30%, so that program is more scalable for future increase in the eligible population.
- Evaluated vendor services and technical feasibility. Maintained relationships with numerous vendors for hardware, software, networking and hosting services.
- Established and maintained Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with vendors. Followed up on any gaps in SLAs.
- Established and reported program level measures by Earned Value (EV) management.