Customer and results focused technology professional with proficiency in COBOL coding, testing and implementation. Strong experience in all stages of the SDLC including; solution design, requirements analysis, integration testing, development and customization, production rollout, customer training and support. 15 years experience within infrastructure and hardware technologies.
Core Competencies: OS MVS, z/OS, Windows, UNIX, Linux, TSO / ISPF
Languages: COBOL, JCL, Confidential, SQL, CSP, Easytrieve
Tools: Xpediter, SharePoint, IBM tools
Databases: DB2, IMS, VSAM and Informix, Applications and Project Manager, Incident and Problem Management
Software Development Processes: Agile, Iterative and Waterfall
Programmer - Analyst
- Became first developer in Replenishment to successfully code with web services technology.
- Users in Japan were able to use GUI front end and access mainframe data for Confidential cross reference.
- First developer in Wal-mart ISD to code using Confidential mount writing of data for viewing by user through GUI front end.
- As part of GRS Performance enhancement team, made significant changes to critical path which include code changes, SQL enhancements, JCL changes and application design to effectively save over 2 hours in nightly batch processing time.
ConfidentialProgrammer - Analyst
- An information technology solutions company in the business of providing diversified technical services.
- As a consultant with responsibilities of Senior Programmer analyst (COBOL); developed, modified and documented a wide range of inventory and banking applications for use by customer environment.
- Responsible for all duties associated with position including program code changes and testing in COBOL, Confidential along with SQL changes and application enhancement using STROBE. Responsibility for successful unit testing all changes.
Manager - Technology Systems Support
- Managing a major functional area within the Technology Infrastructure & Operations Office with four primary support teams; Server and Storage Management, Change and Release Management, Mainframe and Network Operations, and Service Desk.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance objectives for all auditable functions. Knowledge and understanding of CobIT, HIPAA and ISO standards.
- Provides expert advice and guidance to the Director of Infrastructure & Operations and Chief Information Officer in the development and implementation of long-range plans and strategies to effectively utilize and integrate technology solutions.
- Accountable for technology evaluation, planning and testing; developing and maintaining standards; as well as IT production operations.
- Also responsible for managing projects related to infrastructure, utilizing server automation including; desktop virtualization, server virtualization, train control, data center rehabilitation and others.
- Oversees support operations for a 24x7x365 data center environment utilizing Omegamon as automation and monitoring tool; development, implementation and maintenance of the Technology Disaster Recovery plan.
- Functional areas combined account for forty percent (40%) of the Technology Division’s annual operating budget.
- As Change Manager responsible for reviewing all testing procedures, including test plans, execution of test scripts, defect review and data validation.
- Influencing business requirements and assists in developing the appropriate system solutions and understands the business implications of technical solutions.
- Established performance measures and processes to assure high-quality service delivery standards
- Reduced operating budget by $500,000.00 in first year by eliminating unused or unneeded software and streamlining others.
- Lead efforts that resulted in an improved project management model, to include implementation of a Portfolio Project Management tool from HP.
Manager - Confidential Application Development
- Responsible for successfully delivering application and procedural enhancements to Confidential system for the purpose of unifying separate systems brought on by corporate acquisition within AGL, system developed in COBOL and Confidential .
- Managing a staff of developers and responsible for the overall direction and development of resources within the department, including expectations setting, skill development, task definition and performance management.
- Managed project scope, project tracking, software testing, risk identification and mitigation, as well as status reporting for the department as a whole.
- Coordinated cross-project departmental initiatives, such as standardizing processes to optimize solution delivery, introducing technology components to improve project efficiencies, promoting and aiding software object reuse, fostering clear communication across multi-site projects, synchronizing activities/communication and identifying potential synergies across projects.
- Accountable for meeting, measuring and reporting against service levels and quality goals
- Implemented service delivery standards to ensure prompt, reliable and efficient handling of production related outages, abends and/or issues.
- Translate business and user requirements into system requirement specifications.
- Instrumental in developing and implementing a performance improvement program using STROBE.
- Spearheaded the implementation of testing initiatives to ensure best practice standards.
- Implemented incident management systems to ensure proactive management of changes directly related to Confidential programs.
IS Manager, Applications, Cobol Programmer
- Developed and started production control team to monitor batch processing for mainframe and store client server environment 24x7x365.
- Utilized Expediter for COBOL and Confidential testing, Quality Center for Unix and Java in quality testing program including unit, regression, stress and quality.