- Seasoned Business Analyst consultant with progressive experience in top - notch IT organizations globally in Healthcare, Financial, Insurance, Logistics domains
- Proficient in Requirements Elicitation, Client Interaction, SDLC processes, Agile Methodology, Team Management, along with development and testing experience in Mainframes technology
- Extensive experience in requirements analysis, team management, release management and project coordination in global teams in onsite-offshore model
- Proficient in Project Management, Project Financials, proposals and reporting in projects
- Stakeholder Management
- Requirements Elicitation & Analysis
- Project Management
- Project planning & reporting
- Risk & Issue Management
- Onsite-Offshore Coordination
- Data Analysis & Modelling
- Business Process Reengineering
- Change & Release Management
- Vendor Contracts Management
- Compliance Management
- Project financials and forecasting
Business Analyst/Project Manager
- Involved in gathering, documenting and verifying business requirements.
- Organized JAD Sessions to collect requirements from system users and prepared business requirement that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- Worked closely with stakeholders and SME’s for requirements gathering.
- Identified end to end requirements for all systems and business units that may be impacted by the project.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) for end to end tracking of business requirements from Analysis to implementation phase.
- Worked on Data Mapping among different interfaces.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Object Oriented Design (OOD) using UML.
- Followed Software development life cycle with Agile and waterfall methodology.
- Created numerous documents working with Architects, Tech Leads and Developers during analysis and design phase, like System Requirement Document (SRD), Software Architecture Document (SAD), Supplementary Specification documents.
- Good experience in assisting configuration staff and managers in establishing criteria relating to deliverability, maintenance and design with SDLC (software development life cycle).
- Provided solutions on configuration issues and guidance and feedback with best practices.
- Involved in Facets systems and its components facilitate such as Medical and dental claims processing, Claims re-pricing Capitation, risk fund management, Premium billing, Provider network management Group, membership administration, Referral management, Hospital and medical pre-authorization.
- Worked as Senior Business analyst at Onshore and implemented task of leading a team of 4 team members working offshore.
- Worked on care advance enterprise software.
- Clinical Care Advance business rules helps reduce cost and improve care management by providing personalized information and services and streamlining utilization management workflows in clinical system.
- Wrote BRD, FRD, use cases, test scenarios, test cases for testing the functional requirement.
- Excellent knowledge working with business rules engines to their BPM engines or OEM business rules management systems.
- Defined the timeline for gathering business matrix until business requirements were signed off.
- Conducted walkthrough and lead work sessions.
- Expertise in different views of business operations, Common functions of business intelligence technologies and reporting , analytical processing , analytics , data mining , process mining , business performance management , benchmarking .
- Responsible for working closely with internal clients in all facets of project life cycle to deliver a useful application supporting the business need.
- Using MS-Visio analyzed business requirements and process through Use Cases, Class, Sequence, and Activity diagrams, and adapted UML standards to define modularized Data Process Models.
- Good working experience with all kind of diagrams like Swim Lane diagrams, Activity flow diagrams, ER diagrams; Demonstrate use cases, UML diagrams and business modeling techniques, Data flow diagrams.
- Ensured Use-Cases were consistent and covered all aspects of the Requirements document.
- Developed a Business Acceptance testing strategy and plan.
- Created test files and analyzed test results using MS-Excel.
- Owned issues resolution and worked as a liaison between Business and IT for clarification of the project business requirements and change controls.
- Created a User Guide and Operations Guide for the Annuities Group and IT.
- Held regular meetings with the system architects, developers, and database quality testers, Life insurance annuities SME during the entire project to assure that the critical as well as minute details of the project were discussed and issues were resolved beforehand.
- Involved in project status meetings, QA review meeting, and System Test meeting.
- Coordinated and facilitated the execution of User Acceptance testing.
Environment: Facets, Windows 2003, Oracle, QTP, MQC, SQL
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. Business Analyst
- Managed business requirements for the project to move the credit reporting batch to publish counterparty exposure limits earlier as a part of an FSA compliance requirement.
- Products covered included FX, Rates, Swaps, Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities and Derivatives.
- The credit batch components included components for trade valuations, deal generation, netting id mappings, collateral recognition, Monte-Carlo simulations and counterparty aggregation.
- Interact with Business Unit leaders; from Products and Underwriting, Claims, Finance and Sales to gather business requirements.
- Identified and communicated dependencies and potential risks to the completion of the sprints including resources, costs and systems.
- Communicated project changes and status to the stakeholders on a daily basis, ensuring each proposed change goes through a systematic project impact analysis.
- Tracked and ensured visibility of historical team metrics and progress of the iteration and release.
- Constantly partnering with project leads to ensure the team is producing solutions that meet established standards, procedures and practices, address issues, risks and mitigation plans.
- As Scrum Master Assisted team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and tasking.
- As Scrum Master proactively identified and removed blockers, facilitate frequent retrospectives, sharing metrics to identify and implement improvements.
- Provided coaching on Agile values and practice to other teams within the company.
- As Scrum Master involved in Scrum Sprint Planning Sessions, Backlog Grooming, Sizing, Sprint Retrospectives & Reviews, Daily Standups, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Created SQL queries for reporting details on derivative trades as a part of Dodd-Frank framework
- The batches reported various counterparty exposures and capital limits for all Confidential clients across the firm. This was an extremely high visibility project which reported to the steering committee.
- Worked on all aspects of the project from interacting with directors and senior business partners for requirements, interacting with upstream/downstream data consumers, dev leads and PMs, creating test plans and test cases, post-implementation checks and future enhancements.
- Developed and enhanced process flows for static data resolution, counterparty limits calculations and reporting.
- Managed over 300 feeds from various systems of records. Meticulously addressed every detail to ensure a successful end-to-end business process.
- Created enterprise level flows, demonstrating system architecture, connectivity, trade flows and timelines to identify gaps and develop requirements.
- Worked extensively with off-shore development teams and tracked their progress through various tollgates over the life of the project. Managed overnight releases working alongside release managers
- Tracked post-deployment progress, identified improvements and proposed resolutions to existing issues. Coordinated UAT with business partners, helped identify relevant test data and reporting metrics.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Responsible for coordinating JAD sessions with business users to analyze the investment tracking system, application life-cycle, gather and define the key performance indicators, document and present the requirements specifications.
- Performed Root Cause Analysis and Re-engineered business processes, and implemented performance measures, presented project presentations to executive management.
- Achieved final approval and validations of business rules and processes with users and management.
- Managing Requirements and communicating with user groups and team members using Rational Rose and Rational Requisite Pro.
- Role involved extracting, analyzing, merging, and summarizing data conversion and data migration aspects from the existing Financial Systems.
- Performed data analysis of wealth management transactions with centralized billing analytic, data conversion and performance reporting, repo and other fixed income financial products (Repo, Sell Buy backs, Coupons, etc.).
- Use Case Analysis using UML, which provided the framework for potential use case deliverables and their inter-relationships, and allow for maximizing software reuse.
- Documented User Requirements with MS Word as the editing tool and Rational Rose to develop the use cases.
- Authored design documentations, traceability matrices (RTM), functional specs and complex process and data flow diagrams.
Environment: Dot Net, XML, HTML, PL SQL, Oracle, UNIX, Win NT, SDLC, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, UML, Use Case, MS Project, MS Visio, Caliber RM
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Gathered requirements from the Business users; interacted with them on constant basis.
- Worked along with Project Manager in scheduling the project flow.
- Defined and documented the vision and scope of the project.
- Conducted one on one interviews with high level management team and participated in the JAD session with the SMEs.
- Administered Service Manager to manage, track and deliver fixes for post-production defects and enhancement.
- Conducted JAD sessions with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to obtain domain level information, interviewing and asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed an understood by both business and technical team.
- Entered numerous claims for testing purposes to ensure accurate and quality adjudication and implementation of business and operational requirements.
- Implemented the full project life-cycle with all phases from requirements gatherings to development and quality assurance standards.
- Designed and Developed SharePoint tool for business and production support team to store, coordinate, manage, and maintain documentation, and tasks via workflow.
- Worked on Business Requirement Documents, business use cases, and test strategy.
- Kept assure whether the aggressive timeline of the project is maintained.
- Worked on Technical design documentation (TDD) of the claims processing system.
- Daily Status reports to the Business owner, Project executives & Team,
- Gap Analysis of client requirements, generated workflow process, and relevant artifacts.
- Worked on conversion of 4010 to 5010, 834 compliant transactions.
- Receiving 4010 to 5010, 834 transactions from vendor benefit focus and testing those transactions.
- Managed the entire UAT set up & UAT testing effort with the Business users.
- Participated in weekly status meetings to present status and in corporate any digressions from the original scope.
- Created UI Documents as supporting documents for the Business Requirements Documents.
- Implemented the full project life-cycle with all phases from requirements gatherings to development and quality assurance.
- Carried out a thorough target organization assessment and risk analysis.
- Analyzed the “As is” and “To be” system documents to show the current and proposed functionalities of the system using MS Visio.
- Worked with the clients on the final signing process in the User Acceptance stages.
Environment: UNIX, Facets, Oracle, Mainframe, XML, QTP, MQC, SharePoint
Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Prepared requirements documents for conversion of 834 4010 to HIPAA compliant 5010.
- Involved in business analysis and project management, coordinating between the team members, addressing budget issues and creating test plans according to the business requirements.
- Involved in gathering the requirements that were critical to the business process flow and using those requirements for the Business Requirements Document (BRD)
- Worked with the project manager for planning and organizing the project activities, and in communicating with other business center mangers and stakeholders of the project.
- Gap Analysis of client requirements, generated workflow process, flow charts and relevant artifacts.
- Worked with FACETS Team for HIPAA Claims Validation and Verification Process (Pre-Adjudication)
- Involved in claim adjudication process of facets application
- Worked on the EDI 834-file load to Facets through MMS (Membership maintenance sub-system)
- Worked with FACETS edits and HIPAA Claims (837/835/834) processing.
- Assisted the HEDIS team in the development and documentation of the test strategies for the EDI transactions which included all standard transactions, auditing and error correction processes, and the creation of the transactions.
- I was involve working with SAML for testing different application with all kind of testing such as user acceptance testing and end to end testing .
- Monitor and analyzed activity report. Created reports for Server monitoring and Transaction time
- Worked on HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets Standards according to the test scenarios such as 270/271, 276/277, 837/835 transactions.
- I was involved working with Trizetto care advance on care advance system management.
- TriZetto Clinical Care Advance application helps achieve cost-savings in care management by automating processes and integrating data that once resided in disparate systems.
- Involved in Data Analysis & Mapping to track all data elements used in the application from the user interface through different interfaces to the target databases in which they are stored.
- Coordinated with the team in developing and documenting the detailed testing work plans and created the various testing documents for the assigned transactions.
- Defined and documented the vision and scope of the project.
- Gathered requirements, developed Process Model and detailed Business Policies.
- Designed Use Cases using UML and managed the entire functional requirements life cycle using RUP.
- Worked with the project manager to estimate best/worst case scenarios, track progress with weekly estimates of remaining work to do, conducting informal meetings ad hoc and as needed.
- Followed the RUP methodology for the entire SDLC with design develop and implementation.
- Involved in writing and implementation of the test plan, and various test cases for UAT.
- Initiated, proposed and implemented critical analytical and technical turnkey solutions extensively increasing the quantitative and qualitative value of the application.
- Involved in project planning, coordination and implemented QA methodology.
- Provided overall project management to multiple projects successfully completing them on-schedule and on-budget.
- Worked with FACETS, E-Billing and EDI HIPAA Claims (837/835/834) processing.
- Prepared the Business Workflow using MS-Visio with input, output, and Pre and Post conditions.
- Enhanced test cases and scripts by adding the required functionality as per the new business requirements.
- Defect Tracking and Bug Reporting was performed using Quality Center.
- Performed manual testing on different modules of the application.
- Worked with Data Sheet to facilitate the automation testing.
- Developed Test Matrix to give a better view of testing effort.
- Verified that the data outputs and transformations between systems remain true and not compromised as systems are bundled together.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Attended weekly meeting to discuss progress and modification to test plans due to change in business requirements.
- Tested the HIPPA EDI, 834, 270/271, 276/277, 837/835 transactions according to test scenarios and verify the data with Facets on different modules.
Environment: Facets, Windows 2003, Oracle, QTP, MQC, UNIX, SQL
- System Analysis of ABINT which included detailed study of the number of programs in the application; writing an SA document for the same, explaining the total flow and the methods of flow of the information/data in the system
- Client interaction for requirements elicitation
- Requirements analysis and management
- Coordinate and support the team at offshore i.e. in design, development and testing of mainframe programs
- Review testing approach, model test cases and supervise testing at onsite
- Project documentation - Requirements document, RTM, Design documents, Test documents
- Get sign offs from the client for requirements, project plan, design & final conversion
- Client interaction to elicit requirements
- Requirements analysis and management
- Coding, testing and maintenance of Mainframes programs
- Onsite-offshore coordination