- Confidential with over 18 years of IT experience with emphasis on Confidential Middleware technologies. Confidential, author, blogger, and speaker.
- Possesses extensive expertise in architecting, developing, and deploying enterprise software and infrastructure projects.
- Strong hands - on experience in integration of diverse, large-scale systems for commercial and government customers.
- Experience in global rollouts and military implementations.
- Outstanding managerial and leadership skills.
Middleware: Confidential SOA Suite (BPEL/ESB/Mediator/OWSM), OEM Grid/Cloud Control, Confidential Service Bus (OSB), Confidential Managed File Transfer ( Confidential ), Confidential API Gateway (OAG), Confidential Service Registry (OSR), Confidential AS B2B Integration, Confidential E-Business Suite 11i, Application Integration Architecture ( Confidential ), Confidential Data Integrator (ODI), Business Activity Monitoring (BAM), Confidential Beehive, Confidential Collaboration Suite, Confidential Web Center Sites, Confidential Integration Cloud Service (ICS), Confidential Exchange 6.2, Confidential Transparent/Procedural Gateways, Confidential Portal, Confidential Single Sign-On (SSO), Confidential Enterprise Single Sign-On (ESSO), Confidential Internet Directory (OID), Confidential iLearning 4/5, Application Servers Confidential WebLogic Server 11g/12c, Confidential GlassFish Server 4.x, GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 4.x, Confidential Application Server 9i/10g, Apache, Tomcat 4/5/6, WebLogic 8/9, Microsoft IIS
Cloud: Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, Confidential SOA Suite Cloud Service (SOACS), Confidential Compute Cloud Service (IaaS), Confidential Database Cloud Service (DBaaS), Confidential Java Cloud Service (PaaS, JCS), Confidential Integration Cloud Service (ICS)
Languages: BPEL, ESB/Mediator, Java (JSP/servlets/beans), C, SQL, PL/SQL, ColdFusion, UML, XSL/XML
Databases: Confidential 7/8/8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, Confidential MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2 UDB
Operating Systems: UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX), Windows NT/2003, some AS/400
Tools: Bugzilla, Subversion (SVN), Erwin, SharePoint, MS Project, StarTeam, PVCS, CVS, Visio, TOAD
Technical Manager, Washington, DC
- Architected, designed, and developed 200+ SOA projects supporting global integrations across North America, Australian, and Asian markets between custom .NET web apps, custom Java web apps, Confidential E-Business Suite 11i, AS/400 mainframe, cloud services (e.g., PayPal, Microsoft VirtualEarth, Citibank, Thomson Reuter, Sybase SMS, etc.).
- Designed and developed inbound and outbound Confidential SOA/OSB/BAM 11g integrations for global financials of Confidential Financials R12 and European markets (total 17 markets, staggered rollout), moving financial data across EBS R12, Red Prairie, JDE, data warehouse, AS/400 mainframes, Microsoft SQL Server. Involved establishing best practice design patterns, reviewing and approving functional specs, authoring technical specs, and hands-on development, deployment, release management, and hypercare production support.
- Performance tuning SOA Suite 10g (10.1.3.5), SOA Suite 11g (220.127.116.11), and Confidential Foundation Pack 11g.
- PL/SQL package development for custom interfaces to EBS R12.
- Designed and installed 2-node cluster Confidential SOA Suite 11g (18.104.22.168) (SOA, OWSM, and BAM).
- Design and support of load testing of inbound order integration (using volumes for global counts) to SOA 11g / EBS R12 using Load Runner. Performed additional custom top-down Java web service development including metrics capture for statistics gathering.
- Developed SOA Standards & Best Practices which included integration design patterns based on the Confidential development methodology, OSR and BAM usage, coding standards, etc.
- Architected the world’s only 100% available infrastructure for SOA Suite 11g, Confidential FP 11g, BAM 11g, and OSR 11g, and OER 11g production architecture involving 52 production servers for leading global retailer.
- Developed global error management framework, guaranteed delivery, and auditing of SOAP messages; developed using a combination of SOA, Java web app, and PL/SQL.
- Resolved multiple SOA Suite 11g and OSB 11g issues on ExaLogic (e.g., JMS destination consumption issues, invalid OSB retries, BEA-380000, client requests to OSB timing out, and much more).
- Developed SOA Suite 11g Ant wrapper scripts and web application for packaging, tokenizing/detokenizing, deploying code, importing/deleting artifacts from the MDS, starting/stopping composites, etc. for large scale code deployments.
- Implemented database partitioning for Confidential SOA Suite instance archiving and performance enhancement.
- Registered services for authentication and XML transformation using OWSM 10g (10.1.3.5).
- Top-down and bottom-up Java web service development to support complex/custom requirements.
- Produced weekly status reports on different projects including risks, open issues, action items, and progress reports. Present the status reports to customer and project executive management.
Confidential WebLogic Server
- Confidential WebLogic Server (12.1.3) architecture and performance tuning.
- Architected, installed, and configured Confidential WebLogic Server 12c in a stretch cluster spanning 2 data centers for 100% uptime of custom built apps.
- Performed custom configuration of Apache proxy load balancing (setting Dynamic Server List off to reduce cross data center communication), replication groups for optimized HTTP session replication across data centers, migration basis using in-memory leasing information, local affinity for connection factory lookups, round-robin affinity for clustering load to eliminate cross-site traffic, migratable JMS Servers for JMS failover, Active GridLink data source, etc.
- Supported load testing efforts, focusing on transaction recovery with Active Grid Link data sources, transaction failover, database sessions, RAC instance crashes, etc.
- Lead (both in a management and hands-on capacity) the upgrade of both infrastructure and code for Confidential SOA Suite 10g and Confidential Foundation Pack 2.4 to 11g.
- Code migration and infrastructure upgrade from SOA Suite 10g to 11g with zero downtime.
- Migrated OWSM 10g gateway policies to OSB 11g gateway services secured with WS-Security ( Confidential /wss username token service policy).
Mobile App Product Developer
- Migrated IaaS production instances that hosted Glassfish Server Open Source Edition, Confidential MySQL, and Confidential WebLogic Server 11g/12c from Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 to Confidential Compute Cloud Service with extremely minimal downtime.
- Created one-click automated installation, configuration, and hardening of Confidential MySQL 5.x and GlassFish Open Source Edition 4.x, including administration, installation, performance tuning, access control, etc.
- Migrated and certified Java applications (web app, REST services, background processes) on Confidential ’s Cloud PaaS platform; Confidential Java Cloud Service (JCS) and Confidential Database Cloud Service (DbaaS).
- Confidential for Communications PIPs (“Order to Bill”, “Revenue Accounting”) development, extension, and support.
- High Availability installation/cutover of Confidential SOA Suite with Confidential for Communications (2-node cluster, Red Hat 64-bit).
- Architected and installed Confidential for Communications 2.0.1 (High Availability) on Red Hat 5 64-bit.
- Architected and installed Confidential SOA Suite 10g (10.1.3.3.1 ) 64-bit (High Availability).
- Migrated Confidential infrastructure in Prod from 32-bit single-node to 64-bit HA with minimal downtime.
- Involved in the development and design for integration of 6 Confidential Communications applications (CRM, BRM, SCM, POS, OSM, and UIM), 6 non- Confidential applications, and 3 external applications (e.g., Confidential ).
- Developed Confidential PIP Installation Accelerators, published on http://codesamples.samplecode. Confidential .com, reducing installation times of each environment from manually 10 days to automated 4 hours.
- Developed a compile-once, deploy-many Ant-based BPEL/ESB/DVM deployment process.
- Designed infrastructure archicture, development standards, security standards (PGP encryption/decryption, authentication), and developed file transfers with Confidential Managed File Transfer ( Confidential ) 12c (22.214.171.124.0 ) for daily, weekly, and monthly file transfers to and from Confidential (100Kb to 60GB in size).
- Designed and installed secure Confidential SOA Suite 12c (126.96.36.199.0 ) clustered environment; includes OWSM 12c, OSB 12c, and Confidential 12c; hardened software, secure Confidential, secure OHS to WLS, wallet encrypted passwords (e.g., JMS factory properties), secure intra-component communication (SOA-to-OSB, OSB-to-SOA), etc.
- Developed Confidential Trigger Page (mini web app) to trigger Confidential jobs via backend calls to Confidential web services, and included WebLogic-based authentication.
- Configured end-to-end security that include OHS SSL and Confidential SSL to database for midtier software that included: Confidential SOA Suite 12c, OSB 12c, and Confidential 12c.
Confidential Fusion Middleware SME Support
- Provided formal SOA training, best practices and recommendations, disaster recovery architecture, and integration design patterns to ADP (external), legacy applications, E-Business Suite, Microsoft Active Directory (AD), etc.
- WebLogic Server, Confidential Enterprise Manager (OEM) Grid Control, and OBIEE adhoc support.
- OEM Grid Control usage, dashboard setup, etc.
- Created SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) for Confidential Fusion Middleware that includes daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly procedures to be followed by production support team.
- Developed Java web application for dashboard reporting and monitoring of audit trails, errors, and resubmissions of Confidential SOA Suite, BAM, JMS, database growth, BPEL recovery, and more.
- SOA Suite development and maintenance, utilizing BPEL, Mediator/ESB, OSB, OSR, OWSM, BAM, Confidential, etc.
- Troubleshooting SOA Suite/ Confidential infrastructure, Confidential flows (EBF/EBS), BPEL/ESB code, etc.
- Conducted performance tuning and failover testing of Confidential SOA Suite; resolved server crashes, etc.
- Confidential SOA Suite 11g to 12c upgrade support.
- Strategy and guidance for migration to Confidential SOACS (SOA Cloud Service) and introduction of API Management services to their customers.
- Architected and developed out SAML and CAC-enablement for E-Business Suite 11i on Confidential Identity Management 10g (SSO, OID) for the Confidential .
- Team lead for enterprise implementation of Confidential GRC Preventive Controls 7.3.1, Confidential GRC Application Access Controls Governor 8.5, and Confidential GRC Intelligence 3.0, running on E-Business Suite, WebLogic, ODI, and OBIEE, including Confidential E-Business Suite 11i (188.8.131.52) Applications DBA on Solaris 10.
- Developed SOA Reference Architecture for customer based on SOA Suite, Confidential Enterprise Repository (OER), WebLogic Server, OEM Grid Control with the SOA Management Pack, Confidential Service Bus (OSB), BAM, and Confidential Enterprise Gateway (OEG).
- Conducted Architecture Review & Assessment of integration environment, and produced 39 page detailed report covering areas of architecture, capacity/performance, coding, licensing/cost, etc. covering products that include Confidential SOA Suite, OSB, BAM, Confidential Foundation Pack, Confidential Database, Red Hat Linux, Exalogic, and related infrastructure (load balancers, DNS, network, storage, etc.).
- Provided implementable recommendations for infrastructure tuning, development (design pattern improvements, security), architecture (Maximum Availability Archicturecture (MAA), Exalogic evaluation), and monitoring.
- Confidential Access Manager (OAM) 11g (184.108.40.206) installation, administration, and single sign-on (SSO) of other Confidential Fusion Middleware products.
- Confidential WebLogic Server, Confidential SOA Suite, Confidential BPM Suite, Confidential Database go-live support and ongoing production support.
- Responsible for streamlining configuration process and setting up ant based build environment process.
- Developed and custom-built Java web app for full automated deployment, undeployment, and tracking capabilities for SOA, OSB, BAM, Java, PL/SQL from SVN.
Application Integration Manager
- Lead the Application Integration Practice, focusing on SOA technologies, as well as supporting various Confidential Fusion Middleware initiatives. Received 2 promotions within first year.
- Supporting an international client ($8 billion revenue) in a global SOA implementation; architecting a highly available Confidential SOA Suite infrastructure, standardizing on Confidential CAVS, Confidential Error Management Framework, and Confidential development methodology), defining integration patterns, developing in BPEL/ESB/ODI, defining BAM/OSR/OWSM usage, technical designs, and troubleshooting and performance tuning various SOA development and infrastructure issues.
- Performed clustered installations Confidential SOA Suite 10g (10.1.3.4) and Confidential FP2 (2.2), performance tuning of Confidential BPEL Process Manager and BPEL processes, process redesign, developing code to test HA (high availability) and failover, and architecting global error management and monitoring frameworks.
- Lead technical sales opportunities and engaged customers in several industries such as energy, academia, government, and healthcare.
- Technologies currently architecting, implementing, and supporting for various customers include: SOA Suite (BPEL/ESB/OWSM), ODI, Portal, Confidential, BAM, OSR, Portal, and SSO/OID for E-Business Suite 11i.
- Wrote proposals for SOA, portal, identity management, and middleware technologies.
- Provided strategic technical direction of the practice and helped grow revenue 5 fold.
- Implemented a “BPEL Development” training program, resulting in new customer training opportunities.
- Trained sales staff and account managers in selling SOA services, resulting in an increased pipeline.
- Responsible for planning projects, managing technical staff, hiring, staff placement, reviews, mentoring, P&L.
- Architected complex, enterprise systems for the Confidential Military Health System ( Confidential ), and provided technical management and hands-on support on numerous projects. Managed staff, supported proposal writing, provided Confidential technical support, and supported security and hardening (e.g., STIGs) efforts.
- Architected an Confidential SSO solution (integrated with Sun Access Manager & Directory Server) for Confidential E-Business Suite 11i (DMHRSi), Confidential iLearning 4.x, and 3rd party Java apps.
- Brought in to recover from major setbacks on a large scale implementation of an EMC Documentum 5.3 implementation (50TB filesystem) on the DFIEA project integrated with world’s largest healthcare database (AHLTA). Includes migrating 13 million clinical notes into Documentum (.NET, Java web services, Confidential Application Server, 16 VMs, RAC database, HP Blades).
- Technical lead for messaging system leveraging Confidential B2B 10g and Confidential SOA Suite 10g in a blades architecture. Involved in architecting/deploying production infrastructure, performance tuning SOA Suite, and designing BPEL development patterns using FIFO. Includes monitoring via OEM Grid Control 10g.
- Develop custom Java dashboards for Confidential B2B, supported and maintained B2B/SOA integrations of HL7 messages across various Military Health System hospitals.
- Designed and implemented enterprise monitoring of 9iAS, AS10g, Confidential DB, SQL Server, Windows, Linux, VMware, EMC CLARiiON, BEA WebLogic, and Egenera Blade Frame at 104 military hospitals utilizing Confidential Enterprise Manager 10g Grid Control. Developed enterprise Dashboard in Java (JSP/servlets) which graphically integrates monitoring data from two disparate applications in real-time.
- Support and administration of Confidential Collaboration Suite 9i (includes iFiles, iMeeting, Portal, SSO, OID, database, etc.). Includes report and portlet development.
- Lead a team of senior engineers from 5 companies in a performance analysis of a web app for EI/DS which ingests and evaluates outpatient, pharmacy, and demographic data to detect potential outbreaks of diseases, identified major issues and bottlenecks, provided recommendations ranging from DB, network, Java, and GIS/ESRI ArcIMS tuning and formally presented findings to client executives, including disabling log debugging in production, loading missing fonts, removing all fields in the shapefile that are not being used, upgrading to ArcIMS 9.0 which includes faster map display, reconfiguration (e.g., web services creation, shapefiles, etc.), and deploying ArcSDE Server and ArcGIS Server software.
- Researched and evaluated client/server single sign-on, context management, and secure messaging capabilities for the Military Health System (eHealth Concept Exploration Project).
- Supported sales staff, wrote proposals, and presented and engaged government clients.
- Introduced and implemented processes such as bug tracking, source control management, and collaboration tools across the 400+ employee Health Solutions sector to comply with corporate/government policies and regulations.
Application Administrator / Architect
- As the Confidential Apps DBA, architected and administered multilingual Confidential systems for leading e-business solutions provider. Designed and implemented a highly available, single sign-on solution across multiple, disparate applications. Designed and deployed the rollout of enterprise applications monitoring.
- Successfully migrated application and data of Confidential Applications 11i from Confidential hosting to internal hosting.
- Provided 24x7 support and administration of Confidential Application 11.5.6 (NLS, 8 languages), iAS, Single Sign-On, Confidential Internet Directory, Emptoris Sourcing, BEA WebLogic, and custom J2EE applications.
- Confidential Apps DBA on Solaris (mostly Exchange module): administration, upgrades, patching, performance tuning, database administration, shell scripting, monitoring, migration of OEX to OID and Confidential 9iAS SSO infrastructure.
- Designed and implemented complete failover, clustering, redundancy, and load balancing of recent major releases of core business applications ( Confidential Applications 11.5.6, Confidential Application Server 9i, WebLogic 8, Confidential Infrastructure 9i), and LDAP replication.
- Designed and implemented Confidential SSO 10g with Confidential Exchange 6.2 (Applications 11.5.6), Emptoris Sourcing COTS products (WebLogic 5.1), and custom J2EE apps.
- Provided Confidential technical consultation and support for the Confidential, Office of Justice Programs (OJP) on two projects; Confidential Application Server and Confidential Identity Management administration/production support, and data warehouse development using Confidential Discoverer and Business Intelligence.
- Provided production support and administration of Confidential 9iAS, Business Intelligence, Reports, OID, Web Cache, Workflow, etc. (total 11 servers, 6 applications).
- Implemented monitoring across all core applications and systems (shell scripting and OEM).
- Interfaced with client and analyzed/extracted highly critical reports requested by congress.
- Installation/configuration of Confidential Transparent Gateway for MS SQL Server.
- Design/implementation of security; development of business areas (Discoverer Administrator) and reports (Discoverer Desktop), troubleshooting ETL problems, client interfacing for requirements gathering.
- As a technical consultant, developed, administered, and supported various commercial customers, leveraging and implementing technologies such as Java/J2EE custom application, Confidential Portal, Confidential Applications 11i, and more.
- Installed and administered multinode Confidential Applications 11i (11.5.4) and Confidential Exchange 6.2.x.
- Installations/administration of Confidential 9iAS Portal (NT) and portlet development for Confidential .
- Extensive Confidential PL/SQL development, but can’t remember for what exactly.
- Solaris/Linux installation, server setup, patching.
- JSP development for Aestix Enterprise Portal calendar, webmail integration (servlets/xsl).
- Microsoft SQL Server stored procedure development for Invoice Online/Pay Online for Booz Allen vendors.
- Production mail server administration for Aestix.com (send mail, Cyrus, sieveshell, LDAP).
Information Technology Specialist
- Supported development and design efforts on 3 projects for the Saudi Telecom Company; Confidential Financials/HR rollout, bilingual web application front-end to landline/GSM billing system, and GSM Data Mart implementation, leveraging Confidential and Confidential suite of products.
- Confidential Financials 10.7 NLS technical administration.
- Programmed external interface from mainframe billing system to GL/AR in PL/SQL (through SNA).
- Installed Confidential Transparent Gateway for DB2/400 & DRDA and Confidential Procedural Gateway for APPC.
- Developed bilingual web application for viewing landline and GSM telephone invoices.
- Implemented data mart using Confidential Visual Warehouse; performed design, definition, and scheduling of business views for transformation/aggregation of data.
- Configured RS/6000 H50 (defined network settings, volume groups, logical volumes, and file systems).
- DB2 UDB 5.2 DBA: installation, physical/logical design of DB, backups, wrote load scripts, ETL scripts.
- Wrote conversion routines from Confidential -420 code page (EBCDIC) to ISO1256 codepage (ASCII).
- Developed data extraction using C/AIX, performed database redesign (Informix 4), supported New Technology Proposals, and programmed web interfaces to Online Product Catalog.