- Proven success in redesigning Business and IT processes, to bring about operational efficiency within a big organisation.
- Business process mapping (BPMN), system / process flowcharts, Visio UML diagrams, ITIL, User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) tools; e.g. Wireframes (Lumzy, Axure), Data Migration Mapping, Use cases and User stories.
- Implementing ERP systems and playing a big role across the full life cycle of a project.
- Bringing structure and guidance to the Project team to ensure BA best practice is adopted.
- Thorough knowledge of Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies and processes.
- Producing plans of activity and managing activities through to completion - Training schedules/plans, Training of end users on new applications, Test plans, Test scenarios (HP Quality Centre), working with UAT testers, SIT testing and creating procedure manuals.
- Experience of working in Utilities, Finance, Banking and Supply chain.
- Creating interface concepts (master-slave specifications), workflow design and impact of changes for applications such as SharePoint, Salesforce, SAP, Service Now and web Portal.
- Data analysis using ETL, Qlikview and other tools as necessary.
- Managing the Supplier vendor process from start to finish.
Supply Chain Senior Business Analyst
- I was given the responsibility to manage the vendor selection process (RFP) for SAP ERP procurement.
- I analysed and documented the Supply Chain End to End As-Is Business Processes, in collaboration with stakeholders based in offshore subsidiaries.
- I assessed and defined the business needs and then made use of Visio flowcharts, to create 65 To-Be processes and process maps covering Asset management, Catalogue and material management, Inventory & Warehouse management, Finance, Supplier Relationship Management, Contract management and Forecasting / Reporting.
- Working closely with the technical team, I analysed and documented all supply chain system interfaces touchpoints with the Finance system, to ensure a complete end to end software solution is developed for the business.
- Sourced and contacted different SAP partners/vendors and arranged initial demo sessions.
- Created 7 high quality Business Requirement Documentation (BRD) on 7 different supply chain modules, outlining the high level view of each module in the end to end Supply Chain Management process.
- In line with the Business Requirement, I created the functional specifications and Tender Supplier Evaluation Questionnaire, working directly with stakeholders (internal & external), to define solutions to meet business requirements.
- I sent the RFP package including; Code of conduct form, due diligence form, Non- Disclosure Agreement (NDA), Supplier evaluation questionnaire and Business requirement documents, to the shortlisted vendors (which included Oracle and SAP).
- Using Qlikview, I analysed large volumes of data from completed supplier evaluation questionnaires and prepared reports using Pie Charts for management review.
- Held daily calls with project team and brought structure to the team, maintained the Action Log and SharePoint Projects Library and ensured that the action log was sent to all stakeholders and Business Analysts at the end of each meeting
- I ran efficient workshops and validation sessions with stakeholders to elicit requirements, define processes, resolve questions and document resolutions made.
- I was also in charge of the Risks, Issues, Assumptions and Dependencies Log.
- Supported other business requirements by sharing findings through knowledge transfer for: Catalogue, Purchasing, Asset Management, Forecasting, Procurement and Supplier Relationship Management.
- I provided support and advice to the Supply Chain SME and contributed to organisational BA best practice.
- I carried out actions required during the BAFO (Best and Final offer) phase of the project, to ensure that the vendor selected, best meets the business requirements.
Business Change Analyst
- Carried out the root cause analysis for low rate of customer retention within customer operations.
- Prepared a Business case and created the impact analysis for a new operating model, to improve operational efficiency.
- Implemented the New Operating model, with follow on training of the entire team, leading to improved efficiency and over 200% increase in new business.
- I carried out the GAP analysis (As-Is and To-Be Processes) and designed the workflow processes, in the following operational areas; Smart metering installation process, Query management process, Contract to billing process, Customer on boarding process, Portfolio alignment process, Invoicing and finance.
- Using Visio, I created over 40 business flow diagrams / process maps (UML, ITIL) relating to above processes.
- I mapped the customer journey on the new digital portal, from the point of log in, through to the log out point.
- Designed the workflow process and user interface (UI) on the portal, to be used for targeted marketing, customer acquisition and customer retention.
- Drafted functional specifications for capturing different customer data on the CRM portal.
- Created use case diagrams and system flow processes for the user functionalities, consumption dashboard, user log in / registration, Auto Respondent, FAQs.
- Gathered business and stakeholder requirements by employing User experience (UX) techniques, reviewing project documentations, hosting workshops with SMEs, delivering presentations and interviewing direct end users, being careful to ask the right questions to ensure nothing was missed.
- Produced 7 Business requirement documents (BRD) and drafted a 4-way interface touchpoint between salesforce, SAP, digital portal and third party portal.
- I was in charge of SAP ERP implementation and worked closely with developers, project team and the stakeholders, to plan and prioritise sprints/application releases.
- Created the Business Readiness checklist for the go-live date.
- Developed the training plans and procedure manuals for end users and uploaded the manual on the document management system (Live link) for easy access when needed.
- Using HP Quality centre, I created UAT test scripts and prepared the test data for all the smart metering applications in SAP ECC 6.0, ensuring that issues and defects were minimized to avoid disruption to company operation.
- Held daily review meetings to discuss progress and agree on actions for the day.
- Maintained effective communication with all relevant stakeholders and managed their expectations with regards to the project and expected deliverables.
- Kept track of requirements status throughout the project, in order to assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- To investigate bugs and defects, I carried out data analysis using ETL tools, before raising IT tickets to the development team for resolution.
- I worked to a waterfall methodology in tranche 1, changing to Agile/SCRUM methodology in tranche 1.5.
Business Process Analyst
- I was tasked with designing the process and drafting the business requirements documents, for improved loans application and approval.
- I acted as the gatekeeper for my requirements catalogue, managing all the change request received by the project team, & carrying out the impact analysis, highlighting the cost and benefits of the change.
- I attended project meetings as required and facilitated meetings with stakeholders within the online banking and development teams when required.
- I gathered requirements from all possible stakeholders e.g. call centre staff, underwriters, project sponsor etc., through direct interviews, hosting Discovery/Requirements workshops and through a review of customer survey and complaints. This was to ensure the requirement document captured the overall needs of the business and nothing was missed.
- Detailed functional and non-functional requirements was captured in the requirement catalogue. I ensured requirement documentations are clear and easy to understand to ease the process of getting stakeholder approval.
- I took ownership and managed the project Raid log and also managed the Stakeholders expectations in terms of deadlines and deliverables.
- I documented the ‘As-Is’ and ‘To-Be’ business Loans application and approval processes.
- I worked with Design and test team to ensure that appropriate testing documentation is created to ensure that the delivered solution is in line with design requirements.
SAP Business Analyst
- I took responsibility for documenting the gap analysis of the commercial Business Billing and query management systems in the old version of SAP (R3), and the billing requirement in the new version (R5).
- I reviewed the Scope of the project and every available documentation in order to understand & develop the Target operating Model (TOM) for the business.
- Adopted different techniques in order to gather and document the business needs and operational requirements e.g. reviewing project documentations, stakeholder interviews and conducting workshops.
- Delivered 14 documented requirements, including all customer operations process maps, to stakeholders for review and approval. I ensured sign offs were obtained within deadline, using every tact to chase up when response was delayed.
- I worked with the Design team (solutions architects) to; analyse business requirement documents, manage the impact of system changes, prepare training manuals and training plans, and all other relevant activities to be carried out at the implementation stage.
- Provided support to the UAT test team, managed change requests and defects and updated requirements accordingly. I made use of version control in saving each updated requirement document.
Business Data Analyst
- I diligently managed stakeholder expectations due to the complexity of this project.
- My responsibility was to help create detailed data maps for the migrators, ensuring that legacy data was cleaned up before migration into the new system.
- I created data mapping specifications with the help of a data dictionary, and diligently analysed, on a field-by-field basis, how to move data from the old customer information management system, to the new SAP system.
- Also created Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) to visually describe how entities in CUBIS relate to one another and to connect business concepts to database structures.
- I documented all 27 existing customer operations requirements, processes and data models and then drafted options for software redesign to align with business strategy.
- Looking at the business processes, I was able to map the old processes to the new processes.
- I worked closely with stakeholders across the business to deliver insights and actions in-line with stakeholder requirements and expectations.
- I Carried out System Integration Test (SIT) to ensure that firstly, the new SAP ERP system is able to perform all the functionalities in the old CUBIS system and secondly, that the new system interconnects with existing third party systems.
- Worked to an Agile/SCRUM methodology, working with developers to carefully plan the SAP functionalities (Sprints) to roll out in stages, to avoid issues encountered during the first phase of the project.
- I also worked closely with designers and architects to document system interface concepts and solutions, and manage and implement the changes within commercial business and key accounts.
- I identified, documented and resolved project issues using the RAID management technique, ensuring the risk log was constantly updated.