- Focused, self - motivated and resourceful technology professional with 15+ years’ experience in infrastructure operations, DevOps, web application development, top-notch service & support for global organizations. Possesses an extensive background in process improvement, technology innovation, application administration and web development. Holds MBA in MIS and a BS degree in Computer Science. Keen aptitude for both learning and applying new concepts/skills quickly, setting high standards and exceeding expectations.
Languages: Ruby, Perl, Bash/ksh shell scripting, HTML, CSS, MySQL
SKILLS Ticketing: JIRA, Remedy, Magic
Platforms: Solaris, UNIX & Linux various flavors, Windows
Networking: Backup: Veritas Netbackup, dump, tar, cpio
Networking: ftp, DNS, NFS, NIS, telnet, ifconfig, automount and sendmail
Network Monitoring Tools/Switches: F5 BigIP, Nagios, Hyperic Enterprise Edition, Zenoss, AppDynamic, Cacti, Graphite
WWW Servers and Clients: LAMP, WAMP, Apache, Apache Tomcat
Virtualization: XEN, VMware Workstation/vSphere, VirtualBox, Vagrant
Software Packages: MS Visual Studio, MS Office, Android Studio
Business Analyst & Principal Engineer
- Providing business and technology improvement advice and services to small and medium-sized businesses.
- Implementing responsive web designs and administering quality assurance tests across ‘a multitude of browsers and platforms.
- Improving User Experience (UX) via end-to-end assessments and action-oriented plans for remediation.
- Delivering online brand presence and management through social media.
Confidential, Yonkers, NY
Senior Application Support Engineer
- Managed daily operations and support for Alexa Top-100 ranked websites such as HomeAdvisor.com, Vimeo.com and Ask.com.
- Managed incidents and escalations, evaluated risk and proposed solutions to minimize business impacts during outages. Took ownership of issues and continuously communicated with Business Teams until resolution.
- Created incident alerts, initiated conference calls and acted as the liaison between technical, infrastructure teams and vendors to ensure issue resolution within SLA.
- Configured and implemented production application and systems monitoring using Hyperic and Zenoss across various platforms. Continuously worked to enhance rules and exceptions to reduce noise and trigger meaningful alerts for technical, infrastructure (Hardware, performance etc.) and functional issues.
- Actively participated in post mortem bridge calls for RCA (Root Cause Analysis) and ensured action items were assigned and completed.
- Problem Management to log defects and liaise with dev teams and vendors for fixing bugs and recurring issues.
- Contributed to Knowledge Management by updating run-book, documenting work-arounds for known issues, ensuring KT ( Knowledge Transfer) for newly on-boarded applications, and trainings for colleagues.
- Tested urgent fixes and critical vendor updates overnight to ensure smooth transitions at the beginning of business days. Anticipated issues and tested application behaviour during periodic events like leap second addition, Daylight savings, leap year etc.
- Participated in checkouts, upgrades, Disaster recovery, BCP (Business Continuity Plan), weekend support and releases. Worked in a 24X7 support model including on-call rotation.
- Thoroughly trained all new application support engineers that joined the team.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 6/7, Tomcat, Apache web server, Perl, Bash/ksh Shell
Confidential, All Boroughs, NY
- Proactively contributed, aggressively tackling all projects with a positive attitude and a sense of urgency. Configured, installed and maintained LAN/WAN equipment, such as, routers, switches and CSU/DSUs. Provided support for networks such as Token Ring, FDDI, Ethernet and frame relay. Used tools such as Fluke to analyze networks and test connectivity. Activated and configured network jacks.
- Praised by management for dependability, enthusiasm and dedication.
- Acquired thorough networking knowledge.
Environment: LAN/WAN, Token Ring, FDDI, Ethernet, frame relay
Confidential, College Point, NY
Customer Service Representative
- Improved company’s bottom line by continuously exceeding sales quotas for heating maintenance contracts.
- Adept at staying on-task and on-time in call center environment.
- Lauded for strengths in developing new business and high-energy work ethic.
Confidential, Melville, NY
Lead UNIX Systems Operator/Technical Writer
- Documented and reported network performance and fault history information. Scheduled file system backups and data retrieval from files and file systems. Communicated between vendors and the Operations Department.
- Recruited by the company to create and continuously update an Operations Department Manual, ensuring written procedures and eliminating the need for a full- time Technical Writer.
- Facilitated AS400 to UNIX transition by teaching long-term Operators how to perform their responsibilities in the new UNIX environment.
- Introduced online shift turnover, enabling managers of other departments to access information and discover if any requests for reporting, backup, restores etc. were successful.
Environment: AS400, UNIX