- Around 7years of diversified experience in Business s Analysis
- Good domain knowledge and work experience in Retail industries.
- Expertise in ecommerce environment
- Extensive experience working with vendor e - commerce tools like Microsoft commerce as well as helping construct and integrate in-house ecommerce applications.
- Extensive experience with Business-to-consumer (B2C) sales of tangible goods/online services and Business-to-business (B2B) scenarios, such as e-procurement
- Solid experience gathering requirements for applications such as shopping carts, catalogs, search tools, checkout and payment gateways
- Extensive experience in modeling the AS IS and TO BE ecommerce solutions.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Object Oriented Analysis and Design Methodology.
- Experienced in complete SDLC, Client /server architecture providing a well balanced understanding of business relationships, business requirements, worked for financial and technical solutions and help the team at all levels until final product release.
- Good understanding of Project Process and ability to analyze business problems and identify solutions.
- Worked extensively with the team to meet business requirement and analyzing workflow.
- Experienced in creating Business Requirement Documents, User Requirement Specification, Functional Requirement Specifications..
- Experienced in creating Data Flow Diagrams, Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Skilled in determining system requirements and specifications for application development projects with emphasis on User Requirements and Functional Requirements through user interviews.
- Well versed in Process Narratives, Flow charting Techniques using UML, and Good Documentation Practices.
- Experienced in developing Object Oriented Analysis and Design Models; Use Case Model and UML.
- Well versed in project management tools like MS Project for project planning, Project scheduling.
- Prepared documents to conduct user acceptance testing.
- Good Knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML), Class Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams.
- Participated in preparation of root cause analysis (RCA) documents
- Team player and self-starter with excellent communication, coordination, documentation, project planning and interpersonal skills.
- Assisted QA team in developing Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Plans for the User Acceptance testing.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines. Open to dynamic work environment and ability to work collaboratively with business analysts, testers, developers and other team members in the overall enhancement of software product quality.
Operating System: Win 95/98/NT/2000/XP, UNIX
Languages: C, C++, SQL, JAVA, J2EE, HTML, SAS
Software/Database: MS-Access, Oracle PL/SQL, ASP.NET, SQL Server, DB2
Web technologies: HTML, XML, Macromedia Dream Weaver, MS-Front Page
MS Office Suite: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Modeling tools: MS-Visio, Rational Rose
Project Management Tools: MS-Project
Methodologies: SDLC, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD), Rational
Unified Process: (RUP), Unified Modeling Language (UML), Rapid
Application Development: (RAD), Joint Application Development (JAD)
Confidential, Glendale, CA
- Gathered user requirements and directed developers for practical deliverables.
- Work with the full SDLC, elicit, analyze and define requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions between the end users and the development team. Worked with the software architects / developers to ensure that the applications confirm to customer requirements.
- Used Rational Unified Process (RUP) for streamlining the team’s development activities.
- Analyzed current formats for reporting Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Reconciliation towards using some of the necessary fields in the new format too.
- Learned about eCommerce and different types of payment methods for conducting the same.
- Used MS Visio to create Wireframes
- Followed the UML based methods using Rational Rose to create: Use Cases, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Participated Testing and Evaluation of projects at established integration points to assess progress and identify key functionality issues.
- Tracked UAT issues/bugs and prepared reports.
- Performed job of contact point for all stakeholders (business, legal, compliance, development).
- Took approvals from business owners for business requirements
- Documented monthly status reports for enhancement and modification requests for the development team to assist them in efficient tracking and monitoring of open issues of the project.
Environment: UNIX, DB2 UDB, MS Power Point, MS Excel, RUP, UML, Rational Rose, System Analysis, Testing Strategies.
Confidential, Seattle, Washington
- Involved in Inception Phase and prepared vision statement and initial data models that contain Business Requirement Documents and supporting documents that contains the essential business elements and detailed definitions.
- Helped the client decide on the best vendor solution
- Working with clients to better understand their needs and present solutions using structured SDLC approach.
- Worked with the clients banking partners to finalize the certification
- Gathered requirements for the integration of the payment terminals
- Extensively used MS Project for project management
- Documented the user requirements Analyzed and prioritized them and converted them as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Worked with various vendor groups to gauge the effectiveness of their solution
- Analyzed data and created class diagrams and ER diagrams for designing databases.
- Suggested web security using encryption and authentication technologies for reporting and complaint filing procedures.
- Created wireframes and storyboards
- Planned and defined Use Cases created Use Case diagrams, Scenarios and Use Case Narratives using the UML methodologies.
- Created Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams.
- Created Mock-up forms in MS word for better visualization and understanding of the software solution.
- Tracked change requests and monitored workload and schedule.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with management, development team, users and other stakeholders to refine functional requirements.
- Scheduled meetings with developers, System Analysts and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion.
- Created and managed project templates, use case templates, requirement types and tractability matrix in Requisite Pro.
- Managed workload, schedules and coordinated status review meetings with project managers, business managers and team members.
- Authored progress and completion reports which were then submitted to project management on a weekly basis in MS project.
- Identified various frequently used modules with in the application as well as the peak user volume for load testing purposes.
- Analyzed the test results from QA teams using Performance Studio Analysis to create various scenarios.
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Test manager for User Acceptance Testing.
- Collaborated with Quality Assurance Analyst in Automated and Manual Black box testing.
- Helped in creating end user manuals and procedure manuals.
Environment: Java, J2EE technology, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, UNIX / Oracle Platform, MS Visio, RUP, Rational Rose 2002, Rational Clear Quest, Rational ClearCase, Rational requisite pro, rational test manager, Rational Robot
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Created Interface test cases, report test cases, expected results validation, defect tracking using clear quest, version control using Clear Case VOB
- Used SQL queries for organizing and abstracting data from MS access data bases, created reports, forms on Ms Access.
- Captured requirements for monthly SL to GL postings, calculating GL beginning and ending balances.
- Identified/documented data sources and transformation rules required populating and maintaining data warehouse content.
- Captured Data flow diagrams and formatting of the data flowing through interfaces.
- Accumulated system requirements from various departments like accounting, IS (Information Systems) through surveys and interviews.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME, vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Incorporated Rational Unified Process (RUP) to create Business Requirement Document Specifications using MS Visio and MS Word.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frames with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Responsible for meetings with users and stakeholders to identify problems, resolve issues and improve the process to ensure a stable and accurate solution.
- Created exceptions report which were then submitted to project lead and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Facilitated user acceptance testing and test strategies with Information Systems Group.
- Performed manual front-end testing to check all functionalities of different modules.
- Suggested measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance with the aid of SCR’s (Small Change Requests)
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Mercury Test Director for stress testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing
- Trained the future users to coordinate their activities vis-à-vis CORD system rather than ARW.
- Assisted the SA to document all custom and system modification after the SCR’s were satisfactorily solved.
- Created and managed project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in RequisitePro and managed the concurrence of the parties involved with respect to the evaluation criterion
Environment: Rational Rose, Rational RequisitePro, DB2, Rational Clear Quest, Rational manager, Rational Administrator, SQABasic, DOORS, SQL, VB.Net, Oracle, IBM Business Modeler, UML.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Sr. Business Analyst
- Involved in gathering business requirements from the end users and management.
- Created high quality functional requirement specifications and supporting documents for business systems.
- Identified and retail procedures for emerging retail chain
- Developed documentation for POS Systems including Corporate Policies
- Created Physical Inventory process for retail stores, consisted of data integration and inventory processes with third party vendor
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive business relationships with IT managers and clients, and ensuring that business objectives and priorities are aligned.
- Interpreted business objectives to support the implementation of technical software application.
- Actively involved throughout all steps of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Gathered Business/Functional Requirements from Business/R&D Users.
- Managed internal R&D and client sponsored web based projects.
- Used Test Director, PL/SQL for testing the application
- Worked on creating a document on putting a process in place for incorporating Sarbanes - Oxley act to mock up real production data in case of volume testing.
- Facilitated JAD sessions and design meetings with the Stakeholders, SME’s and Leads of Interfaces.
- Performed requirements modeling and develop analysis diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, state diagrams, data models, and use-case realizations using RUP tools.
- Manage changes to requirements through change control -clear case, MQC, Documentum.
- Worked closely with developers to define time calculations for regular overtime and special overtime pays.
- Defined requirements to automate the daily imports from PeopleSoft into the Phoenix system.
- Involved in assisting the development of functional requirements, static testing the applications by preparing and developing the Test Plans and Test Rules, editing and writing Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts.
- Executed the test cases manually for various job submissions in batch processing by using the Test Director/Mercury Quality Center.
- Did the regression testing using pre-existing test cases besides integration testing of various modules of the application.
- Worked closely with the project team in planning, coordinating and implemented QA methodology on various phases of the application.
- Analyzed results of Regression Testing as performed by Testers using QTP and held meetings with Developers and Testers.
- Interacted with the developers to report and track bugs using Test Director.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Rational Unified Process (RUP), DB2, Oracle, SQL, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Test Manager, Win Runner, Rational Clear Quest, HTML, XML, XSL and XSLT, MS Office, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Access.